List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
WA players invited to the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft Combine

First Name
Surname
Club
Bo​
Allan​
Peel Thunder​
Cody​
Angove​
Claremont​
Jaxon​
Artemis​
South Fremantle​
Malakai​
Champion​
Subiaco​
Hamish​
Davis​
Claremont​
Clancy​
Dennis​
Claremont​
Kayle​
Gerreyn​
West Perth​
Will​
Hayes​
Claremont​
Aiden​
Riddle​
Claremont​
Luke​
Urquhart​
East Fremantle​

Wait and see how many of them picked this years

I think at least 4 make a main list, 7 max on main list. couple could fall into rookie draft and some not on that list may find a rookie place as well

I thought you couldn't trade rookie listed players?

You can trade for rookie listed players they just have to go from 1 teams rookie list to your main list.

Right catch you all on the other side, **** Geelong. Catching up with Hough, Bazzo and Ginbey post match to check in and see how they are doing.

Couple of boys staying over in Victoria after the match for a day or two.

If i'm never heard from again it's because well Geelong is Geelong.

On face value, it is madness, but it makes sense. It leaves us playing four talls at any one time - two forward, one ruck, one bench - with decent reserves coming through. I'm torn about this one as Waterman is the kind of guy we should keep given his patience playing behind JK, JD and OA for years, getting his shot, overcoming illnesses and coming back with a bang. He arguably will still be around the next time we are contending for a flag as well. Realistically though, he's standing in someone's way by that point and he is at the highest trade value he may ever be.

If our KPF stocks were low/bad, it would be a no brainer to keep him. I think we need to be looking to the future on this one but only if we're extracting maximum value.
I don't see it that way as he's also a different type of forward to the others. He can play higher up and use his amazing work rate/aerobic capacity or play deeper too.

Failing a ridiculous offer, he's near on untradeable for mine.

I don't see it that way as he's also a different type of forward to the others. He can play higher up and use his amazing work rate/aerobic capacity or play deeper too.

Failing a ridiculous offer, he's near on untradeable for mine.
If we wanted to use him higher up the ground then we may as well trade him and get someone cheaper to do the role.
Oscar with a full preseason or even Maric could play higher up the ground, while JWilliams or Archer in another year can sit in the goal square.

Waterman will be 30 by the time we are looking to be any sort of threat in finals, if he was 2-3 years younger hed be a perfect age but he will only have 2-3 years of footy at best while we are near the top before hes cooked.

Waterman is not even close to untradable

The ONLY situation where I'm okay with us trading the Loosh is if he personally requests a trade and we get a king's ransom for him
Thats the only situation itd realistically happen. He has to want it for more money or a longer contract

Good game in the Pioneers v Bushrangers. Shanahan kicked 6 goals and Barrat kept Murphy goalless whilst also have a large amount of intercept marks himself. Jack Whitlock prominent both in the ruck as well as forward. Tobie Travaglia a bit quieter as he sat out nearly the whole first quarter with an ankle complaint. Did work his way into the game later and kicked two great goals to bring Bendigo close in the last. Murray ended up winning by 6 goals.

What would we get for Cripps or Cole at the trade table?
West Coast would have to pay their entire salaries for other clubs to take them and they would not trade anything for either of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree - its great leverage at the least and has been used many times. In any event, its win-win then. Offer second rounder only - threaten PSD. Tigers either fold or he goes to FA next year and we get him for nothing. If he goes to Freo then we keep our first rounder and second rounder. The only way we can stuff this up and lose is if we offer a first.
baker has come out multiple times and said hes not going to stitch Richmond up. he won't be going to the PSD

Not going into all of that, but saints a real chance to knock over the blues this weekend. Would see Melbournes pick at 6 and before any battle compo. Would take in a heartbeat for waterman.
Could be pick 5 if saints get up given Gold Coast doing tigers. What say the naysayers now? Could add two genuine a grade midfielder prospects with 3 and 5.

Right catch you all on the other side, **** Geelong. Catching up with Hough, Bazzo and Ginbey post match to check in and see how they are doing.

Couple of boys staying over in Victoria after the match for a day or two.

If i'm never heard from again it's because well Geelong is Geelong.
let us know if you find anything about Houghy.
if you can.
IDK what side of knees ice packs should go on D:

Last edited:
If we wanted to use him higher up the ground then we may as well trade him and get someone cheaper to do the role.
Oscar with a full preseason or even Maric could play higher up the ground, while JWilliams or Archer in another year can sit in the goal square.

Waterman will be 30 by the time we are looking to be any sort of threat in finals, if he was 2-3 years younger hed be a perfect age but he will only have 2-3 years of footy at best while we are near the top before hes cooked.

Waterman is not even close to untradable
Waterman definitely need to keep. In form and we know what we have.

Waterman definitely need to keep. In form and we know what we have.
Our midfield is the issue, if we think we have enough talent on the list with 2024+2025 drafts included then keep him.
Id rather take a punt on Archer and JWilliams if a top 6 pick was up for grabs though

let us knoiw if you find anything about Houghy.
if you can.
IDK what side of knees ice packs should go on D:

About an hour or so before we finish up and spend some time with Hough and Baz. Ginbey has dropped out but Hutch and Hall are coming with me.

not allowed to comment on the injury publicly but will likely have scans on Monday other than he will be in a brace coming out. Former contacts and friends but BMW head office have given me an X7 for the next few weeks.

Tempted to do it one last time and drive to Sydney when I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back