List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Max Holmes
I think at least 4 make a main list, 7 max on main list. couple could fall into rookie draft and some not on that list may find a rookie place as well

You can trade for rookie listed players they just have to go from 1 teams rookie list to your main list.

Right catch you all on the other side, **** Geelong. Catching up with Hough, Bazzo and Ginbey post match to check in and see how they are doing.

Couple of boys staying over in Victoria after the match for a day or two.

If i'm never heard from again it's because well Geelong is Geelong.
While you're there, please get Max Holmes to come West.

Ta
AE - xoxo

FB: Hough McGovern Duggan
HB: Ginbey HEdwards Hunt
C: - Yeo -
HF: Ryan Waterman Hewett
FF: Long Allen -
R: - Reid Kelly
INT: JWill, Pick 3, Cole, - -

Then choose from: Maric, Dewar, HJ, Hutchinson, Bazzo, Chesser, before you get any support from fringe veterans, new additions or other draftees.

Need wingers and a ruck badly, plenty to work with otherwise.

As this draft is so close I'm going back and fourth here's another one.

I'm now open to jagga (need his stats please) at 3 if fos and Draper our out. We have too many spuds that ruin our handball chain and transition. Jagga knows how to get uncontested ball and knows how to maintain a handball chain.

It seems like in modern footy off half back. It hand ball chains to midfield to burst in mid. We breakdown on those chains. Jagga helps us

Our midfield is the issue, if we think we have enough talent on the list with 2024+2025 drafts included then keep him.
Id rather take a punt on Archer and JWilliams if a top 6 pick was up for grabs though
100% we don’t have anywhere near an afl midfield, only way to get there is with early picks.

Honestly quite happy with any one of Draper, FOS, Smith. All look quite capable to be able to contribute from round 1 onwards.

Richmond will have to choose between guys that have played in their VFL sides.. would be a difficult decision I would have thought, because it will be not ideal if one of the others rolls on to win the rising star next year.

FB: Hough McGovern Duggan
HB: Ginbey HEdwards Hunt
C: - Yeo -
HF: Ryan Waterman Hewett
FF: Long Allen -
R: - Reid Kelly
INT: JWill, Pick 3, Cole, - -

Then choose from: Maric, Dewar, HJ, Hutchinson, Bazzo, Chesser, before you get any support from fringe veterans, new additions or other draftees.

Need wingers and a ruck badly, plenty to work with otherwise.

Happy to trade Cripps, Cole, B Williams along with Barrass.

First rounder for Barrass
Might get a 2nd rounder for B Williams (but I guess a 3rd rounder would be more accurate).
3rd rounder for Cole and the same for Cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to trade Cripps, Cole, B Williams along with Barrass.

First rounder for Barrass
Might get a 2nd rounder for B Williams (but I guess a 3rd rounder would be more accurate).
3rd rounder for Cole and the same for Cripps
If Melbourne offered 5 and 23 (their approx second rounder) would you take it for waterman and Bailey?

If we trade Bailey we are down to just Flynn as our sole ruck, id want to make sure we had another who was capable of being the #1 ruck before going down that path, even if it was a ruck from a state league
Probably only option they have got for rucks or gotta try and get one of the Freo back ups.

There is a lot of posters not wanting to make the hard decisions.

The reality is, this list needs more talent and more youth. Barrass, Waterman and others of this mold are in the wrong age group that can extract maximum value.

We keep these players without seeing what can come back. We will be middle of the road for the decade. There is no player bigger than the club and we need to be mature when clubs are asking if a player is available.

I say this, that we can’t let them go for nothing but every trade needs to be with the vision of building a premiership side.

If Melbourne offered 5 and 23 (their approx second rounder) would you take it for waterman and Bailey?
That is significant overs so would be hard to say no. However, if we lost Waterman I would be inclined to keep BW and give him another preseason as a forward as was the plan this year before Flynn’s injury.

Otherwise it’s Oscar, JWill and some combo of Darling on his last legs, Archer who may not be ready or Maric/Hutchy who potentially have better suited positions.

Happily would offload BW and Darling to the Dees if we keep Waterman. The only way I would want to trade Jake is if it somehow landed us Warner.

We will already have plenty of picks to attack this draft after the TB trade. If we lose a gun 28 year old (TB) and a gun 26 year old (Jake) as well as the possibility of Fylin’ (27 years old) I would like to see us bring in at least one gun in the 20-25 age bracket (Warner) as well as some established role players like Peatling or Dev as opposed to just a bunch of speculative 18 year olds, given the amount of leadership and experience lost.

We will already have plenty of picks to attack this draft after the TB trade.
There’s every chance we will have four picks in this draft after the TB trade. One is pick 59 and one is pick 23 that may well be handed to Richmond for Baker. That isn’t even close to having plenty of picks in one of, if not the deepest drafts in a decade in an offseason where we should be cutting at least 8 players and probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back