List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Tigers take Jagga then Norf take Smillie. I literally have no idea who we’ll take if we keep pick 3.

Although Norf could go full Norf and take mid/HHF hybrid Langford.
I think smillie has shown he dominated because he is bigger than the other u18s.

Couldn't back it up in the champs with the bigger bodies .

Norf take FOS at 2 if Richmond don't.

Norf won't take draiper after JHF .

But if they swap with Adelaide we take FOS at 3 .

With hutch looking like the next degoey today I think we can afford to take a more outside player at 3 in FOS and worth it on talent alone.

My preference is Draiper but we can fill the inside role at the barrass pick .

I think smillie has shown he dominated because he is bigger than the other u18s.

Couldn't back it up in the champs with the bigger bodies .

Norf take FOS at 2 if Richmond don't.

Norf won't take draiper after JHF .

But if they swap with Adelaide we take FOS at 3 .

With hutch looking like the next degoey today I think we can afford to take a more outside player at 3 in FOS and worth it on talent alone.

My preference is Draiper but we can fill the inside role at the barrass pick .
Smillie’s size is a point of difference in their midfield. Even Langford is big compared to most of their mids. They may take FOS but I think it’s less likely than the other two.

If North swap with Crows say 2 for 4 and 27 I reckon that’s enough for them to use 4 on Trainor or even Armstrong or Shanahan who kicked another bag of 6 today.

I think our choice will be down to Draper, FOS and Lalor. Just remove Draper if Crows do the swap.

Heard someone say Draper is rated 6-10 so is taking him at 3 would have other sides rubbing their hands together.

Most things I've seen he looks AFL ready midfielder.

I'm keen on him but look whoever we take I'll support

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

People are overreading how norf will draft.

They will pick best available mid. No point of diff crap. They are a simple club with simple fans who know nothing better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Curtin junior kicked 6 goals in the Colts today. :whitecheck:

Charlie Banfield F/S also named in the best with 19 disposals.

Need to play it right because the next 2 drafts could really shape the direction of our rebuild.

Freddy Rodriguez had another good game in the Colts too.

If Hutch can be a solid full time 2 way mid for next year that makes our side a lot stronger already.
Add 1 more like Peatling, or even Dev to Draper/FOS, Reid and Hewett with yeo and Kelly doing bits in there and we have a somewhat competent midfield.
Never need Petch or Duggan to have stints in there again would be a huge bonus

Just need a Ruckman.
I have some hope that with Bailey spending a full preseason training as a ruck he can improve, but not good enough long term

Trading away a star key forward at 26 is a bold strategy for an unknown 18 yo mid.

With the view of trying to get a 24 yo superstar mid to pick your club the year after while trying to retain Harley.
Which is why I would want the Warner trade to be guaranteed with the pick (5?) that we got for Waterman. Waiting a year leaves too much to chance and gives Freo a chance to get him whereas this year they have their hands full with other trade targets.

Swans wouldn’t let him go under contract though as draft picks are not their priority while pushing for a flag. If TB was open to Sydney again then it could benefit both parties as they could use a key back but have a surplus of mids.

Do we think we can get enough forward pressure from Long, Brockman, Ryan, a resting mid and potentially Champion next year and into the future?
I think we might be lacking a bit.

We probably have room and a big need for another hard tackling forward if Hutch is meant to be a mid now

Do we think we can get enough forward pressure from Long, Brockman, Ryan, a resting mid and potentially Champion next year and into the future?
I think we might be lacking a bit.

We probably have room and a big need for another hard tackling forward if Hutch is meant to be a mid now
Long is willing but a little slow, brockman I like. But Liam Ryan is lazy and hopefully we can trade him for a 2nd rounder (probably dreaming).

Not sure we can trade tb...we are so poor defensively without him...

Don't know why we extended Duggan... Him and Allen are the ones that we need to trade
Barrass would do nothing to help today. The ball came in flat, short and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back