List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Omfg I had another thought.

Being trac, pickett, and rivers to the west.

Make it happen. The thought of pickett and trac this trade period makes me creamy

He is very over rated. Like Ryan he has a heap of talent but he is very inconsistant and it is these types of players the Eagles need to have very few of.
I hope we don't go after Picket, we need midfielders and ball movers as a priority. Not small forwards. Baker and Graham must be ahead of Picket.
In his last 67 games he's only had 10 games where he's not kicked a goal.

That includes this year when Demons were poo.

Is there even a skerrick of a hint of a suggestion that he’d even think about indicating a desire to move to the Gold Coast?

Does he have a single link with anyone or anything there? Other than the fact that there’s a football club based there and he’s a football player?
I’ve been told from a source I trust that his manager has actively asked both QLD clubs about a potential move.

I don’t know the specific reasons for those enquires to those particular teams, I have heard/seen speculation about strong indigenous culture and strangely a preference for warm weather.

Or you know, we could do both?
Getting him in doesn't mean we're going to be ignoring the midfield.
Obviously I don't want to trade our 1st or future 1st for Kosi but if we can get him for some lesser picks then it's a complete no brainer imo.
Take the way he plays out of the equation and look at his stats compared to someone like Phil Matera. He compares very favourably to him at the same age, if a 23 year old Matera came knocking on your door asking to join your team would you say no?

Thats fine but maybe a deep second rounder is all i would give up. We currently have Ryan, Brockman, Petch etc all trying to play those roles.
Kosi is better than all of them and yes it would be handy to have him. I am just saying for me the priority is midfielders. Small forwards are way down on the list.If we can get him real cheap then thats great. I would not bypass Baker and get Kosi though.

In his last 67 games he's only had 10 games where he's not kicked a goal.

That includes this year when Demons were poo.

Yay!! He had Viney, Petracca and Oliver bombing it in all day every day. How is he going to do that at West Coast? We need 20-30 disposal ball movers as a priority.

Is there even a skerrick of a hint of a suggestion that he’d even think about indicating a desire to move to the Gold Coast?

Does he have a single link with anyone or anything there? Other than the fact that there’s a football club based there and he’s a football player?
It's been repeated enough that some on here think it's real

We are a brain dead footy club if we are seriously perusing this and not using our draft capital to improve our midfield.
Why not both?

We need to go hard on getting priority picks like North got in 2022, being a second-round pick and third-round pick for 2023 on the proviso they are traded for at least one player.

They had won 9 games in the period 2020 - 2022. We have won 10 games in the period 2022-2024.

If we got those we could use for Baker and Peatling (maybe an extra 3rd rounder thrown in for Baker on top of the second).

If we used the Barrass trade to fund Pickett, we'd be entering this draft and next without any real damage to our picks while adding potentially Baker, Peatling, Pickett and Graham for the cost of Barrass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the second and final senior WAFL game by Gerreyn with West Perth missing out on finals, so the last opportunity we have to get a look at how he managed the step up to the level. Unfortunately both games were heavily impacted by rain and a very heavy deck, and as a result this wasn't a prolific game by any means but he had some fantastic moments that underlined his talent. He managed to take some nice marks with a greasy ball, and was clean at ground level. Size and strength wise he was certainly not out of place, but there were many times when the veteran Bulldogs defenders would beat him in contests with their craft and savvy.

The only clubs that would be interested in Darling would be a top 8 club, in the premiership window, that need a supplementary tall forward

Potentially Carlton if they lose mckay

Thats fine but maybe a deep second rounder is all i would give up. We currently have Ryan, Brockman, Petch etc all trying to play those roles.
Kosi is better than all of them and yes it would be handy to have him. I am just saying for me the priority is midfielders. Small forwards are way down on the list.If we can get him real cheap then thats great. I would not bypass Baker and get Kosi though.
The key word there is "trying" to play those roles. Kosi is clearly better than Brockman and Petch by a long way, and probably better than Ryan especially with the way his body is at the moment.
He's the perfect age to be with us long term, he has the potential to rotate through the midfield.
It's the exact kind of move we should be making to improve the team both long term and short term, obviously as long as it doesn't cost us a ridiculous amount.

Agree. Handshake agreements to me are as good as written ones.

I went through something similar at a previous workplace. It does leave you very sour.
Sorry, but this is very naive. I always do commercial agreements in writing and 80% of the time, we realise as we're working through the documents that we both heard different things. By taking the time to write it, it gives you a chance to process and make sure you are actually on the same page.

Not to mention how time affects what we remember. In TBs case, time has passed and all the main decision makers he would have spoken to have left (Nisbett, OBrien - the list manager etc).

From what others has said, TB sounds like he thinks of himself as the smartest person in the room and likely doesn't consider he was the one that misheard/made the mistake etc. Fair enough, but the club doesn't owe him anything as he's the one wanting to renegotiate.

On Barrass, we also have his salary as an option.

Do we essentially pay whatever the max is we can pay so that we get more in return?

2024 1st and 2nd and 2025 1st.

If they are not only getting him but also getting him for little cap sacrifice they can have a big crack at someone else who is floating around the place (Petracca/Battle etc).

Let's get creative.

So reading the tea leaves. Hawks lose out to Dogs. leaving us with Pick 12, F1 and 30 for Barrass.

We move Pick 12 and if pushed Pick 30 for Kozzi

We move Pick 23 for Baker

We go to the draft with Pick 3 and 59.

I can live with that. As long as our F1 is not touched and Pick 3.

This was the second and final senior WAFL game by Gerreyn with West Perth missing out on finals, so the last opportunity we have to get a look at how he managed the step up to the level. Unfortunately both games were heavily impacted by rain and a very heavy deck, and as a result this wasn't a prolific game by any means but he had some fantastic moments that underlined his talent. He managed to take some nice marks with a greasy ball, and was clean at ground level. Size and strength wise he was certainly not out of place, but there were many times when the veteran Bulldogs defenders would beat him in contests with their craft and savvy.

Sorry, you're service are no longer required, we'll have no draft picks left at this rate

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Same! Literally does nothing for our club moving forward and will cost us pick. Would be worse than getting Kelly..

That is crazy talk, he is a genuine star and he is also extremely consistant. Almost the template for a gun mid. If we could get him it lets Harley develop naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back