List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Caleb Serong wants me to pick up Sid Draper with our first now.
They have a similar style of play watching Sid play Sanfl league games
How do you turn off player cards in the app?

Sorry for me Darling is top of the list to delist
He takes spots where we would better of playing younger players and getting development into them
This years draft is so deep we need to take advantage of it
All lovey dovey this but when our WAFL side is as putrid as it is, we kinda need to carry players too the end to provide some balance and leadership. If we decide to takk Gaff, Sheed, Darling, Culley and Trew from that side, it isnt winning even 1 game next year, regardless of the so called "changes" being made to "help" us

If we are fair dinkum looking at our list, if Barass goes we have 1 tall defender in the WAFL. You need a minimum of 3.

Id make those 3 A.Reid, Ryan Maric and Bazzo myself. Solves some issues while at the same time arguably getting those 2 in the best positions for them

All lovey dovey this but when our WAFL side is as putrid as it is, we kinda need to carry players too the end to provide some balance and leadership. If we decide to takk Gaff, Sheed, Darling, Culley and Trew from that side, it isnt winning even 1 game next year, regardless of the so called "changes" being made to "help" us
I gotta say keeping darling just to bolster the WAFL side is a mentality that shows why we are a basket case of a club right now.
I'm hoping this isn't the thinking of the club and you are just an outlier with this because it really is the dumbest thing I've read on this forum for a long time.

We shouldn't be worrying about the WAFL eagles side to that extent and we should be folding the WAFL eagles side so our players mix with other sides in the WAFL.

I gotta say keeping darling just to bolster the WAFL side is a mentality that shows why we are a basket case of a club right now.
I'm hoping this isn't the thinking of the club and you are just an outlier with this because it really is the dumbest thing I've read on this forum for a long time.

We shouldn't be worrying about the WAFL eagles side to that extent and we should be folding the WAFL eagles side so our players mix with other sides in the WAFL.
I never said it was smart or good. I said its the reality we live in. We cant ignore the reality cos it hurts our feelings im afraid

The Darling and Sheed calls will come at the end or during trade week. Who can we get in the door and how many picks do we want to take . Sydney recruiter (probably one of the best in the league) said really good players in the future will be rookie listed this year and you will question how, that how deep he thinks the talking runs this year.

Both will know where they sit and will have a decision to make. Sheed won’t have any suitors and don’t think Darling will either. Do they take a little less money and not have to worry about going to training and weekends taken up playing magoos and accept a payout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Darling and Sheed calls will come at the end or during trade week. Who can we get in the door and how many picks do we want to take . Sydney recruiter (probably one of the best in the league) said really good players in the future will be rookie listed this year and you will question how, that how deep he thinks the talking runs this year.

Both will know where they sit and will have a decision to make. Sheed won’t have any suitors and don’t think Darling will either. Do they take a little less money and not have to worry about going to training and weekends taken up playing magoos and accept a payout.
Id suspect we go in with 3 rookie list picks too mind you. Culley/Baker/Rawlinson can go. Yes even Rawlinson. Shown little and will be overtaken by Malaki Champion basicallly instantly

We can take 8 picks this year without wasting salary cap room

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

Id suspect we go in with 3 rookie list picks too mind you. Culley/Baker/Rawlinson can go. Yes even Rawlinson. Shown little and will be overtaken by Malaki Champion basicallly instantly

Far too early on the last two. Baker has actually been one of the better players in the WAFL last few weeks.

We aren’t taking 8 picks this year.

Taking 3 picks in the rookie draft is just nonsensical. Two at the very very most.

A fourth strong senior SANFL performance in a row from Sid. He simply has to be considered one of South Adelaide's best players at this stage. The extremely windy conditions turned this into a scrappy affair, and like most out there Sid had trouble directing his kicks in the first half. He got better as the game wore on, and like last week it was his incisive and damaging play in the second half that played an important role in getting the Panthers ahead on the scoreboard, including a fantastic classy goal in the fourth quarter.

take this kid WCE

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Far too early on the last two. Baker has actually been one of the better players in the WAFL last few weeks.

We aren’t taking 8 picks this year.

Taking 3 picks in the rookie draft is just nonsensical. Two at the very very most.
Assuming the commission green lights the new rules we’ll only have one rookie pick if we retain Maric, Culley and Hutch.

Last edited:

Agreed all 3 should be gone. Draft is key but I’m not against brining in some free hits via FA if they met a need and we have a lot of needs.

Like I’ve said before this list position, while with a lot of challengers should be Clarkes dream if he actually has drive and wants a name for himself. Would be given 5 years minimum before starting to get judged.

-Salary cap space is there to play with and we are a big club, not easy getting players to a bottom 4 side but we ain’t most clubs.
-TB requesting a trade could come in very handy (keeping a player at his level isn’t the worst thing) 10 weeks is a long time in footy let alone 5 years.
-Unlike some I think we have have star power or future star power for the next 5 years+. Now add some more via Trade/FA and draft but get the right role players too. We lack in this area greatly.
-New NGA rules should help a lot but wait and see what the new matching rules are. A few already in the pipeline. Development is key, Bringing in a new team and get some of the best.

If Malakai Champion is looking at that pick 30-50 range are we also not better off getting picks inside top 25 then a bunch of picks from 50-70 on the concept that if we had pick 40 and someone bids at pick 30 for Champion then we gained nothing we couldnt get by collecting late picks for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back