List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt it, Swans list boss was on Gettable a couple of weeks ago and said due to the TTP you don’t have to be Einstein to work out they won’t be in the market for a high profile player…… (unless things change significantly)

If the Eagle are going to pay a fair Chuck of his salary…. Wow wee 18*/20/Sheldeick and ?
That's where warner comes into the equation.

Warner's next contract will be very bit of what barrass is getting payed.

I'd take warner and Sheldrick for barrass.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Graham will cost nothing, play a role, wont take away game time from a young kid. Instead, will provide a big body to protect them in the contest to take the majority of the hits. He is also a premiership player, has experience .etc

If he isnt quite upto it, its 2/3 years in the WAFL doing the same thing for Chesser and example only (Jagga Smith). Its a free hit, so why worry about it?
I guess we do have an opening at midfield plodder with Gaff and Sheed on the way out.

If English comes in and now with 5 other key forwards, he would probably want to go out or someone will try and get him out as they’re back up.
I would 100000% rather keep Big Boy Bailey and spend the $1.2m a season on luring someone else / Reid / Waterman

We’ve got two NGA and F/S prospects that unless they bottle their top age year we’ll be taking as high as the early 2nd round. Our future picks are worth whatever value we assign them. I’d be telling teams they are on the table but each of them will be valued as if we finish 17th, so pick 2,19,37 etc.
Next year’s draft will also be heavily compromised by NGA and F/S, far moreso than this year particularly in the 1R.
Which is a good reason to keep our future first? Either use it early or clubs will want to get ahead of their nga/fs bids so will pay more

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which is a good reason to keep our future first? Either use it early or clubs will want to get ahead of their nga/fs bids so will pay more

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think it really matters whether we pick next year or this year if we’re trading it for a value of pick 2. I’d argue that the extra year ahead in development would make it a better option to use this year.

That's where warner comes into the equation.

Warner's next contract will be very bit of what barrass is getting payed.

I'd take warner and Sheldrick for barrass.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
You honestly think Sydney would give 23 year old Warner and a 20 year old Sheldrick for 29 year old TB?

Seriously?

Last edited:
I would 100000% rather keep Big Boy Bailey and spend the $1.2m a season on luring someone else / Reid / Waterman
That’s fine in theory, but who are the players deserving of good coin, that are banging down the door to get to West Coast? Who knows, maybe we’ve had a crack at the likes of Perryman and Cumming, and they’re not interested? The reality is we are not currently a destination club, so when a bloke who is less than 12 months removed from being the All Australian ruckman, and comfortably a top-6 ruck in the league (when all metrics are combined), is interested in coming home, and he plays a position of great need, it makes all the sense in the world (in particular because we give up no draft picks to make it happen).

Also worth noting he won’t be getting $1.2m a season. I’d guess it’s somewhere between $800-900k per season.

It's fine wanting the second hand Ferrari, but you don't give up a brand new Lamborghini for one.
Sure, but a couple of commodores aren’t going to cut the mustard.

Kpd is probably the biggest weakness for Sydney. Rampe is 34 and undersized, McCartin is a good player somewhat injury prone, Lizard is not a kpd and Melican is just a role player.

A top level kpd such as Barrass would take them to another level. They gotta pay for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do my board without the NGA and FS prospects.

Twomey's July prospects
View attachment 2069746

PM Bangers top 15
View attachment 2069747

Ed Pascoe July rankings
View attachment 2069748

I am expecting Armstrong to start rising up boards Tigers will be keen with the Suns pick.

My board is a bit different though still changing as the final rounds are still happening.

I use these 3 listings just to show how different the ranking are and I suspect Cal Twomey is going to have a really tough phantom call as recruiters will be very tight lipped.

Some bolters there. Linsay and Langford and Reid.

They say this is a tough draft to read. And Bo Allan is all over the place.

Watched training yesterday and it was good to see Malakai Champion there doing the full session with the senior group

Seems almost certain he’ll be an Eagle next year

A top level kpd such as Barrass would take them to another level. They gotta pay for him though.

I just hope with any negotiations around Barrass our people understand TB is under contract and if the price ain’t right he stays or find another suitor on the other side of the country.

No peanuts trade here folks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I just hope with any negotiations around Barrass our people understand TB is under contract and if the price ain’t right he stays of find another suitor on the other side of the country.

No peanuts trade here folks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
The default is he stays, the offer needs to be compelling enough to shift the status quo. Three team WBD, SYD and HAW have reported interest and I expect there to be more. And increased salary and more bidders can only lead to a better pick return for us.

Be very interested to see how Matthew Clarke goes in the drafting space this year. Richmond have only had 2 rising star noms in 5 years. Their youth is in a horrible state. Granted they have been up the pointy end for a while but it doesn't look good for them atm.

Sure, but a couple of commodores aren’t going to cut the mustard.

Kpd is probably the biggest weakness for Sydney. Rampe is 34 and undersized, McCartin is a good player somewhat injury prone, Lizard is not a kpd and Melican is just a role player.

I agree they have to pay for him, but not by giving up Warner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back