List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t be happy to trade Barrass to Sydney for their R1 and 19. With Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako and Marshall alone without FA compo they turn into picks in the 20s. A trade with picks and sending Barrass to Sydney and Warner to Freo would be the best result for us. We could pay his salary and end up with Pies 1R and the better pick of Freo 1R and Port 1R.

Be very interested to see how Matthew Clarke goes in the drafting space this year. Richmond have only had 2 rising star noms in 5 years. Their youth is in a horrible state. Granted they have been up the pointy end for a while but it doesn't look good for them atm.

With the expected exodus of Rioli,Graham, Baker and Bolton they are going to be flush with top end draft picks soon

The best midfields don’t have someone of grahams quality playing. That’s the massive issue with this entire idea. Doesn’t fill a need and is a C grade player. Bottom place Richmond don’t even want to keep him

I’m not arguing against baker he would be a great get for us. Duggan / yeo more than capable of playing defensive mid.

The need has been explained several times by several different posters.

Teams who win premierships do need players like Graham. Thats why he has two premiership medals. He would have three but did his shoulder in the prelim. Still played on and it popped out 4 times providing rotations off the bench. That's how gritty and a team first player he is.

You repeating incorrect statements over and over doesn't make them true.

Time to find a different "hill to die on" and move on. We all know your view on Graham. A flawed one.

What could Sydney offer us that wouldn't involve Warner?

Some combo of 18, 19 and f1? Maybe Sheldrick? All 4 of those with us paying some salary?

Doesn't sound that exciting tbh.
I'd really like a pick around the 8-12 area

Fingers crossed Warner goes to freo and we get a 3 way going

Some combo of 18, 19 and f1? Maybe Sheldrick? All 4 of those with us paying some salary?

Sydney really don’t have the currency at this stage.

Seems like Sheed might be done. On top of another hammy he’s having more surgery on his foot.

Kinda make sense if he’s gonna retire early that we’d be after Graham. A solid replacement who is younger & actually has a defensive side to his game. We have plenty of offensive firepower but lack that defensive grunt. He’s also free

? He has played 9 games in three years, or is it four? Very much steak knives in trading terms.
Didn’t say he’d be anything more than steak knives - he’s rated internally at Sydney, was highly rated on this board in his draft year, has looked great in the games he’s played and is a pure mid which would be a great addition

Watched training yesterday and it was good to see Malakai Champion there doing the full session with the senior group

Seems almost certain he’ll be an Eagle next year
Pffft I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans fans think he could be leaving this year. Out side of the TB trade, what would his value be? F2 to Swans? Would be a great addition and seems ready made to play play in our midfield RD1 2025

Didn’t say he’d be anything more than steak knives - he’s rated internally at Sydney, was highly rated on this board in his draft year, has looked great in the games he’s played and is a pure mid which would be a great addition

Not sure he's rated that highly anymore

Couldn't crack a game for them at the start of the year despite their injuries to Parker, Mills and co.

Concerns over the defensive side of his game I believe which is why Sheldrick's fallen out of favour

Swans fans think he could be leaving this year. Out side of the TB trade, what would his value be? F2 to Swans? Would be a great addition and seems ready made to play play in our midfield RD1 2025
Word is that when he finishes this current contract, he wants to play for the Dockers.

No way would the Swans accept a F2.

Word is that when he finishes this current contract, he wants to play for the Dockers.

No way would the Swans accept a F2.
How many mids do they want? He might just be heading to the same situation there? Especially if Warner goes there.

The hope is their cap is full and even getting off his small contract, helps them in the market for something else the require. It’s not mids, he’s provably behind Cleary and they have two top 20 picks incoming

Would getting a guy like Sheldrick in who can win plenty of ball change our draft strategy at all?

Might be better off splitting and focusing on Travaglia + more outside leaning mids rather than just the best all rounder.

I'd think Draper would be less of a need with Sheldrick in there

Going back to catch up on an early season game that I'd skipped. This was probably Jagga's weakest game of the season, which is remarkable to say given he still stuffed the stat sheet like few others are capable of.

For the first block of game this season Jagga and Oakleigh were experimenting with him more as a forward, so watching this will give viewers an idea of what that might look like at AFL level if he plays in a similar role early in his career. I think its fair to say that he never really settled as a forward this season. He really started to hit peak form once that experiment was largely abandoned in favour of him moving back into the midfield full time, and he didn't really start to motor in this particular game until moved into the midfield in the second half.

Would getting a guy like Sheldrick in who can win plenty of ball change our draft strategy at all?

Might be better off splitting and focusing on Travaglia + more outside leaning mids rather than just the best all rounder.

I'd think Draper would be less of a need with Sheldrick in there
It probably would a little but depends how we rate FOS/Sid could easily play off hbf and be our users off their for their first couple of years before Yeo and Kelly move on.

18 and 20 points would probably get you the Suns pick 6 though as well, if they haven’t got a buyer or traded it for Rioli. Cal has said a lot of teams ain’t looking to bundle up picks to move up as much as other drafts.

Last edited:

18 plus 19 plus Sheldrick.

We trade 19 plus F2nd to Suns for 6? May need 23 as well?

Pick 6 equals 1751

19 plus 23 equals 1763

F2nd is worth....??????

Sydney really don’t have the currency at this stage.
In a deep draft, 18 and 19 are not bad at all, we are in need of additional picks to churn through the list. It could also easily be converted in a single higher pick by a team looking for multiple swings. Of course, we might as well ask Sydney to do the leg work. So I think they do have the currency, just not in its current form as we're probably looking for an additional higher pick from Barrass, with other options available to generate additional later picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back