List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
TB to Sydney makes less sense now considering his sister has just left Sydney to live in Melbourne. Supposedly she is a big factor in his decision to move.

Yeah, which is probably why the Dogs and Hawks have been bandied about in a big way over the last couple months. That Swans boat might've sailed.

How many mids do they want? He might just be heading to the same situation there? Especially if Warner goes there.

The hope is their cap is full and even getting off his small contract, helps them in the market for something else the require. It’s not mids, he’s provably behind Cleary and they have two top 20 picks incoming
Oops

I was talking about Warner, not Sheldrick.

18 plus 19 plus Sheldrick.

We trade 19 plus F2nd to Suns for 6? May need 23 as well?

Pick 6 equals 1751

19 plus 23 equals 1763

F2nd is worth....??????
I think you've overvalued Sheldrick a bit there.
He hasn't played all year, and was only a late 1st round pick anyway. Probably worth pick 30ish at most.

If we were getting 10+29 before from the Hawks, then Sydney would need to add a 2nd rounder to those picks to be close to similar value. Especially as the Swans would be after our salary assistance mores than the Hawks.

I dont think 18+19 is worth pick 6 tbh.

I'd tell Sydney to upgrade their picks and do a top 12 pick + Sheldrick tbh

I think you've overvalued Sheldrick a bit there.
He hasn't played all year, and was only a late 1st round pick anyway. Probably worth pick 30ish at most.

If we were getting 10+29 before from the Hawks, then Sydney would need to add a 2nd rounder to those picks to be close to similar value. Especially as the Swans would be after our salary assistance mores than the Hawks.

I dont think 18+19 is worth pick 6 tbh.

I'd tell Sydney to upgrade their picks and do a top 12 pick + Sheldrick tbh

18 plus 19 points wise total 1933.

Equates to pick 5.

So in points wise they are.

If I was the Suns no way do I trade pick 6 for 2 late firsts.

They'll get better offers if they're just after points
Cals reported that not as many teams are keen in the bundle up to move up like other drafts. Can always to a F2 pick swap as well because they’ll need points for next year where they might have pick 1. Fair chance Tigers will be able to out bundle us though when they pull the triggers on their players

What could Sydney offer us that wouldn't involve Warner?

Some combo of 18, 19 and f1? Maybe Sheldrick? All 4 of those with us paying some salary?

Doesn't sound that exciting tbh.
I'd really like a pick around the 8-12 area

Fingers crossed Warner goes to freo and we get a 3 way going
It's hard to imagine WC agreeing to a trade of Barrass for the picks Sydney currently have or something that involves Sheldrick.

If you're going to take a punt by trading out a known quality of which is in high demand and short on quantity, you'd be wanting to see something back that can "replace" such quality. I don't think any combination of 18, 19 and Sheldrick fits that bill.

If I was the Suns no way do I trade pick 6 for 2 late firsts.

They'll get better offers if they're just after points

Problem is no-one knows what points will be worth in 2025.

So trading for points in 2025 you would want to be confident that pick is under 30 because the AFL looks like devaluing later picks.

This seasons pick trades for points using future picks is risky due to lack of clarity from AFL House. How surprising.

What could Sydney offer us that wouldn't involve Warner?

Some combo of 18, 19 and f1? Maybe Sheldrick? All 4 of those with us paying some salary?

Doesn't sound that exciting tbh.
I'd really like a pick around the 8-12 area

Fingers crossed Warner goes to freo and we get a 3 way going

Why wouldn't you want warner for TB? Why do we have to facilitate a trade to make swans and Freo better teams and all we get in return is late teen picks and a player who can't make into there best 22. I mean I've heard some ranting on here about Dev, Graham etc coming to our club but Sheldrick hasn't done a thing. Goes ok in the VFL, just. If barrass goes, anything coming back has to be high end picks or talent.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would getting a guy like Sheldrick in who can win plenty of ball change our draft strategy at all?

Might be better off splitting and focusing on Travaglia + more outside leaning mids rather than just the best all rounder.

I'd think Draper would be less of a need with Sheldrick in there

how exactly does getting Sheldrick negate the need for acquiring top end talent ?
he's rotting away in the 2s for a reason i suspect.

happy to use a list spot on him, but expectations are not that we are getting a gun and getting him should have zero impact on who we call out on draft night.

Why wouldn't you want warner for TB? Why do we have to facilitate a trade to make swans and Freo better teams and all we get in return is late teen picks and a player who can't make into there best 22. I mean I've heard some ranting on here about Dev, Graham etc coming to our club but Sheldrick hasn't done a thing. Goes ok in the VFL, just. If barrass goes, anything coming back has to be high end picks or talent.

I'd rather Freos picks they'd pay for warner than actually having Warner

how exactly does getting Sheldrick negate the need for acquiring top end talent ?
he's rotting away in the 2s for a reason i suspect.

happy to use a list spot on him, but expectations are not that we are getting a gun and getting him should have zero impact on who we call out on draft night.
Idk if you've noticed but the Swans midfield has been elite for most of the year.
He needs a CBA spot, and with Heeney, Warner, Rowbottom, Mills, Parker, Papley, and Gulden all around there how tf does Sheldrick get a game? Even if he was tearing it up in the VFL he still wouldn't get one.

Swans aren't prioritising development right now clearly, with being top of the ladder and all.

Not expecting an absolute gun, but a good player who can extract. Means other things can take priority, like outside runners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to imagine WC agreeing to a trade of Barrass for the picks Sydney currently have or something that involves Sheldrick.

If you're going to take a punt by trading out a known quality of which is in high demand and short on quantity, you'd be wanting to see something back that can "replace" such quality. I don't think any combination of 18, 19 and Sheldrick fits that bill.
It's all they have, id rather picks over Warner too.
Warner would cost too much

I would love Warner for TB, I'd also love a night alone with Margot Robbie. Both equally as likely to be considered by the other party.

Idk if you've noticed but the Swans midfield has been elite for most of the year.
He needs a CBA spot, and with Heeney, Warner, Rowbottom, Mills, Parker, Papley, and Gulden all around there how tf does Sheldrick get a game? Even if he was tearing it up in the VFL he still wouldn't get one.

Swans aren't prioritising development right now clearly, with being top of the ladder and all.

Not expecting an absolute gun, but a good player who can extract. Means other things can take priority, like outside runners
it would be insane list management to pass up top end draft talent, because they got sheldrick in lol.
again, he should have no bearing on who we take.

1) given Barrass is under contract its up to the destination club to find the keys to unlock the deal regardless of "what they currently have"
2) By Warner 'costing' too much - do you mean cost in the sense of draft picks or money?

Is Barrass likely to leave if the right deal comes along?

it would be insane list management to pass up top end draft talent, because they got sheldrick in lol.
again, he should have no bearing on who we take.
If that's the way you wanna put it then yeah.
If we got Sheldrick who is ready for AFL right now, and is a pure inside mid, we dont need another inside mid this year.

I'd take Travaglia + lindsay or something instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back