List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

A Chad's a Chad but a mystery draft pick could be anything.
It could even be a Chad!
Bros Reference GIF

Because we have 2 very good upcoming academy prospects, I believe. Still, need to wait to see how the changes to points affec this.
Evans is not a very good NGA prospect not like collard or champion.

Only reason he played in the U18s was because he is part of our academy and we requested it .

Late pick to rookie

I wouldn’t be happy to trade Barrass to Sydney for their R1 and 19. With Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako and Marshall alone without FA compo they turn into picks in the 20s. A trade with picks and sending Barrass to Sydney and Warner to Freo would be the best result for us. We could pay his salary and end up with Pies 1R and the better pick of Freo 1R and Port 1R.
I would rather get warner ourselves

**** freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am really conflicted on the Barrass and pick 3 for Warner.

Warner is only 23 and actually fits the profile of what we need

Barrass is 28 and will be missed for the next 3 years.
Pick 3 would deliver us a midfielder we hope to be as good as Warner but no guarantees.

Common sense says that we could get picks 10 and 28 for Tom and still have pick 3. Better still, we get Freo to bundle up picks 9 and 13 for 3 so that they can get Warner. I am OK helping Freo get stronger in the next 4 years if we get a better deal. We then take to the draft 9 10 13 23 and 28. (nb I would have liked all 3 x R1 but that would have required us to give up a future pick and the difference in quality with say 16 and 23 is not worth it this year)

Remember, he went to Aquinas!!!

Time for Pyke to go to Garlic and start the process of the 2 WA clubs waxing. We need the picks for a proper rebuild and this just accelerates it. And if Freo get a flag in the next 4 years, who cares! We won't be contending in that period and with a great haul in 2024, we increase the chances of being at the pointy end after that 4 year period.

I am really conflicted on the Barrass and pick 3 for Warner.

Warner is only 23 and actually fits the profile of what we need

Barrass is 28 and will be missed for the next 3 years.
Pick 3 would deliver us a midfielder we hope to be as good as Warner but no guarantees.

Common sense says that we could get picks 10 and 28 for Tom and still have pick 3. Better still, we get Freo to bundle up picks 9 and 13 for 3 so that they can get Warner. I am OK helping Freo get stronger in the next 4 years if we get a better deal. We then take to the draft 9 10 13 23 and 28. (nb I would have liked all 3 x R1 but that would have required us to give up a future pick and the difference in quality with say 16 and 23 is not worth it this year)

Remember, he went to Aquinas!!!

Time for Pyke to go to Garlic and start the process of the 2 WA clubs waxing. We need the picks for a proper rebuild and this just accelerates it. And if Freo get a flag in the next 4 years, who cares! We won't be contending in that period and with a great haul in 2024, we increase the chances of being at the pointy end after that 4 year period.
I would trade pick 2/3 OR our F1 for Warner but that’s it. I agree he’s a better prospect than a top draft pick but I wouldn’t go any further than that and definitely not include TB, which I would rationalise as pick 2/3, 10 and 28 for Warner.

I agree if Warner wants a trade to Freo I’d have no qualms facilitating that if it’s in our best interests for a 3 club trade. I’d offer the mooted 2/3 and 23 for their 3x1R. If that’s what unlocked Warner for them In think they’d do it.

I would trade pick 2/3 OR our F1 for Warner but that’s it. I agree he’s a better prospect than a top draft pick but I wouldn’t go any further than that and definitely not include TB, which I would rationalise as pick 2/3, 10 and 28 for Warner.

I agree if Warner wants a trade to Freo I’d have no qualms facilitating that if it’s in our best interests for a 3 club trade. I’d offer the mooted 2/3 and 23 for their 3x1R. If that’s what unlocked Warner for them In think they’d do it.
I think the suggestion is we get Sydney's F1 back, so it would be 3, 10 and 28 for Warner and 16-18.

I think the suggestion is we get Sydney's F1 back, so it would be 3, 10 and 28 for Warner and 16-18.
Ah I was strictly referring to @AsterixTheGaul’s post which I can’t see includes the F1 but if there was a previous post including that I still wouldn’t pull the trigger.

2/3 for Warner is perfectly reasonable in my eyes.

Ah I was strictly referring to @AsterixTheGaul’s post which I can’t see includes the F1 but if there was a previous post including that I still wouldn’t pull the trigger.

2/3 for Warner is perfectly reasonable in my eyes.
2/3 next year maybe

Sydney wont give him up this year . They still have him on lowish salary next season .

Barrass and pick 3 for Warner and pick 20 would be cool. Reid, Warner, Hewett good starting three for several future years.

Suspect he's freo bound tho unfortunately. In that case, Barrass and pick 23 for picks 9 (Collingwood) and 15 (Port/Freo).

Offer pick 15 for Baker, use picks 3 and 9 in the draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back