List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
2/3 next year maybe

Sydney wont give him up this year . They still have him on lowish salary next season .
Warner in 2025 will still be on a low contract so Sydney will value that when considering letting him go
Agree with both of these that Swans would want more mayo on the sandwich for a contracted Warner, but I’d still only be prepared to give our 1R.

So Richmond are into full rebuild mode, so lets hope we dont take any of there dregs. We are also into a full rebuild mode so use as many a picks for guys under 20

I would love Warner for TB, I'd also love a night alone with Margot Robbie. Both equally as likely to be considered by the other party.
Why? Both would cost about the same in an open market. Couple of first rounders. I think you'd be surprised how close a trade would happen if both requested trades to opposite clubs.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just another powerful and damaging performance from Langford as we've become accustomed to this season. His Stingrays team are gathering pace heading into the business end of the season with 4 wins in their last 5 games and look as good a chance as any to challenge for the Talent League title.

Barrass and pick 3 for Warner and pick 20 would be cool. Reid, Warner, Hewett good starting three for several future years.

Suspect he's freo bound tho unfortunately. In that case, Barrass and pick 23 for picks 9 (Collingwood) and 15 (Port/Freo).

Offer pick 15 for Baker, use picks 3 and 9 in the draft.
With the status of our list, why would you prefer Baker as opposed to the kids projected around 15 in the draft? Moraes, Allan, Gross, Berry would all be outstanding gets with 12+ year careers ahead of them. There’s some quality KPDs there too.

Agree with both of these that Swans would want more mayo on the sandwich for a contracted Warner, but I’d still only be prepared to give our 1R.
Not more mayo just not at all when he is contracted

They held O'Keeffe and papely to their contracts when they were set on going and both stayed .

If we have a shot it will be next season and hopefully he has won a premiership so will be less likely to stay for success.

Its all good we need to be patent . Load up in the draft with ball winning mids and running kicking players .

We have a really good set of young tall forwards .

Just need another key back which we normally find with later picks anyway

Also need a ruck

So Richmond are into full rebuild mode, so lets hope we dont take any of there dregs. We are also into a full rebuild mode so use as many a picks for guys under 20
We are but their U26s are in a lot worse state then ours.

We have our 3 KPF locked and that’s a hard thing to do. Not many teams have that even in a premiership window. Hopefully Hewett, Long and Ryan can do what they need to make it an elite forward 6.

I think 4 of our backs are sorted for a long time as well Ginbey, Hough and HEdwards (if he signs) Throw in Duggan even though I think he is best suited to the wing. Johnston looked good there in his last WAFL game and when played there Friday night. Plus Gov and Hunt for 2 years to find the rest. Heard Maric say he wants to have a crack down back too which I think he would make a perfect 3 tall type (Weddle, Ridley)

Mids/Wingers and some nice role players is what we require and really should be the easiest to find. This should be a nice draft for us. Ruck is a bit of an issue, Would love a Meek type 2nd year from Flynn (or English which I think is unlikely)

We are well ahead of Richmond imo and we should be, if we didn’t cop the injures when we did and a bit of luck we could’ve got to 6-7 wins this year.

New coach should really help also with a bit boost.

BOND 007

Thanks as always for your input.

Is Culley likely to hang around on the rookie list for another year given the recent rookie list changes?

Burgeil apparently signed on recently according to a couple of posters, is that true?

Cheers.

Not more mayo just not at all when he is contracted

They held O'Keeffe and papely to their contracts when they were set on going and both stayed .

If we have a shot it will be next season and hopefully he has won a premiership so will be less likely to stay for success.

Its all good we need to be patent . Load up in the draft with ball winning mids and running kicking players .

We have a really good set of young tall forwards .

Just need another key back which we normally find with later picks anyway

Also need a ruck
I’ve said all along I don’t expect Warner to leave for any club until the end of next year, we were just discussing hypotheticals should he leave this year. I certainly wouldn’t let him go if I was the swans unless a stupid offer came through.

Like your plan otherwise, very confident we’re talking to Freo about Reidy and more importantly Knobel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass and pick 3 for Warner and pick 20 would be cool. Reid, Warner, Hewett good starting three for several future years.

Suspect he's freo bound tho unfortunately. In that case, Barrass and pick 23 for picks 9 (Collingwood) and 15 (Port/Freo).

Offer pick 15 for Baker, use picks 3 and 9 in the draft.
Thank **** you're not on the list management team.

I’ve said all along I don’t expect Warner to leave for any club until the end of next year, we were just discussing hypotheticals should he leave this year. I certainly wouldn’t let him go if I was the swans unless a stupid offer came through.

Like your plan otherwise, very confident we’re talking to Freo about Reidy and more importantly Knobel.
TB would be part of the stupid offer and paying some of his salary and only reason they would look at letting him go. (Even though I don’t think that’s where TB would go)

They ain’t going to be in this position in 12 months time where an opponent would pay a fair bit of a star Key defenders salary, a position they need badly.

If they think Warner is gone next year anyway it ain’t going to be able to pay what he’s worth or accept. Would be very tempting as they have Cleary and Sheldrick to come in. Picks would also be involved so likely to get another mid

if Freo go all in on Bolton and Baker this year. What’s their offer going to be in 12 months? 3 firsts? All likely to be in the 20s after NGAs, FS and academy’s

Most important thing about all this, TB and Warner would both have to agree.

At this stage, would you say it’s more likely we take our top 3 pick to the draft or we split it? Early days I know
Splitting pick 3 to obtain Baker would be the one of the most monumentally stupid things we could do .

If we did that I think that would be me checking out .

You wouldn't think we would do something that stupid but with our track record over the last 10 years I just don't know .

Far too early to know - that's a last couple of weeks thing
What’s the rationale for targeting Liam Baker? A player at free agency age who would usually come free of draft capital and at best we’ll get 5 years out of. For a F3 sure but in such a good draft in the 10-30 pick range why would we even consider trading that kind of capital out for a player who will be 27 before he plays his first game for us?

TB would be part of the stupid offer and paying some of his salary and only reason they would look at letting him go. (Even though I don’t think that’s where TB would go)

They ain’t going to be in this position in 12 months time where an opponent would pay a fair bit of a star Key defenders salary, a position they need badly.

If they think Warner is gone next year anyway it ain’t going to be able to pay what he’s worth or accept. Would be very tempting as they have Cleary and Sheldrick to come in. Picks would also be involved so likely to get another mid

if Freo go all in on Bolton and Baker this year. What’s their offer going to be in 12 months? 3 firsts? All likely to be in the 20s after NGAs, FS and academy’s

Most important thing about all this, TB and Warner would both have to agree.
We are not in a position to be making a stupid offer. Freo are.

If I were Freo, I'd be prioritising Shai Bolton over Warner this year.
Who knows ,maybe they get both. (and maybe we benefit)
Funnily enough, they were a Jack Graham away from a win on the weekend at CBA last qtr, with no Fyfe:cool:

Far too early to know - that's a last couple of weeks thing

More interestingly (I hope),

How has the senior coaching upheaval been affecting the draft preparation process, or how do you imagine it might?

Presumably when it comes to selecting a lot of decisions are made on the basis of what kinds of players the incumbent coach is after, or more broadly what is most required by the current game plan. And even when we do have a new senior coach come draft time, I'd have thought their preferences would not be nearly as firmly entrenched.

Is there a sense of flying a little blind at the moment ? Or of liberation maybe?

Splitting pick 3 to obtain Baker would be the one of the most monumentally stupid things we could do .

If we did that I think that would be me checking out .

You wouldn't think we would do something that stupid but with our track record over the last 10 years I just don't know .
Pretty comfortable that won’t happen, was more asking about the possible Freo deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back