List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats where it comes down to where you rate Warner. Imo it wouldn’t be a stupid offer for a 23yo top 10 midfielder.
Freo and WCE could rate Warner exactly the same, it doesn’t change the fact that they can afford it and we can’t.

Freo and WCE could rate Warner exactly the same, it doesn’t change the fact that they can afford it and we can’t.
They won't have 3 first rounders next year if they chase Bolton.

They might have 1 pick in the teens next year . They may have future picks but they will be the same late 1st rounders.

We will clearly have better draft capital next season and more cap space

Are you mad! Thank **** you're not the list manager.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lol what?

Freo's picks would definitely be preferable than what we'd cough up to get Warner.

Bloke can't play for shit unless his teammates are firing.

I'm grateful Sydney suck at the moment, so we can get a look at how ineffectual the bloke is in a struggling team.

They won't have 3 first rounders next year if they chase Bolton.

They might have 1 pick in the teens next year . They may have future picks but they will be the same late 1st rounders.

We will clearly have better draft capital next season and more cap space
I’m talking about this year and stupid offers. Next year when Warner is OOC the offers won’t have to be stupid and yes, Freo’s draft hand will be far less formidable.

Disagree again.

They can definitely afford it draft capital wise but salary wise might be an issue if they get Baker and Bolton this year and Brayshaw out next but we will see.

If we cash in on TB and can bring in a 23yo star midfielder. Something we need badly, get it to our forwards and they will kick a wining score.

I understand some on here just want to stick to the draft picks. I don’t agree with that strategy, you pull all 3 leavers as they say but we ain’t getting much in FA due to our position.

Watched training yesterday and it was good to see Malakai Champion there doing the full session with the senior group

Seems almost certain he’ll be an Eagle next year
I don’t know the ins and outs…..but if Champion is training with us, can’t we put him on ice so we can pick him late in the draft.

I’d also think this can be done with Banfield next year, and others.

Pyke is certainly keen on rattling cages to see who might fall out.
Historically, this is definitely not approach I am used to.

I can’t see us targeting players for trade but instead maximising our hand come draft night. Definitely watch this space, and very interested to see who will fall out…..

Disagree again.

They can definitely afford it draft capital wise but salary wise might be an issue if they get Baker and Bolton this year and Brayshaw out next but we will see.

If we cash in on TB and can bring in a 23yo star midfielder. Something we need badly, get it to our forwards and they will kick a wining score.

I understand some on here just want to stick to the draft picks. I don’t agree with that strategy, you pull all 3 leavers as they say but we ain’t getting much in FA due to our position.
We’re not talking about next year. We’re talking about this year and stupid offers as I said in my post.

No one is arguing (although I just saw bzparkes post) that Warner wouldn’t significantly improve the team, the argument is the cost. Which would need to be stupid this year, but perhaps not next year.

BOND 007 visits us once in a blue moon to answer a full 3 questions and people ask the dumbest things.

6d770698-550e-4928-9e8c-394f83c4c634_text.gif

BOND 007

Thanks as always for your input.

Is Culley likely to hang around on the rookie list for another year given the recent rookie list changes?

Burgeil apparently signed on recently according to a couple of posters, is that true?

Cheers.

I hope Jai stays because he's so much fun to be around, but the reality is he's not playing much now and with Hewitt back next year, & the club seeking midfield options at years end, then there might not be a place for him.

Any re-signings should be left for the club to announce publicly.

We’re not talking about next year. We’re talking about this year and stupid offers as I said in my post.

No one is arguing (although I just saw bzparkes post) that Warner wouldn’t significantly improve the team, the argument is the cost. Which would need to be stupid this year, but perhaps not next year.
What’s your cost prediction?

Let’s say the rumour is true and TB wants the Swans, we agree to pay half his salary for the next 2 years?

TB (50% salary) + ?
For
Warner + ?

As I said in my post, that comes down to what you consider stupid people offers.

Going to the draft only is a horrible strategy

I hope Jai stays because he's so much fun to be around, but the reality is he's not playing much now and with Hewitt back next year, & the club seeking midfield options at years end, then there might not be a place for him.

Any re-signings should be left for the club to announce publicly.
Sad face re jai. Fingers grossed he gets another year.

Thumbs up regarding public announcements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Midweek Tackle Just said Baker to Freo for pick 13.

They can have him at that price.
Said tackle reckons graham would net the tiggas pick 20 in compo.

Bizzare, just bizzare.

We should be pushing 2x top 10 picks for barass if this is the case. A big man is always worth more than a little man...let alone an A grade defender.

What’s your cost prediction?

Let’s say the rumour is true and TB wants the Swans, we agree to pay half his salary for the next 2 years?

TB (50% salary) + ?
For
Warner + ?
For a contracted Warner I think the Swans would want pick 2/3 and Barrass, which I would rationalise as what I think we’ll get for Barrass which is pick 10 and 28.

So Warner would cost pick 2/3, 10 and 28 this year.

Which would be Warner for Draper/FOS, Travaglia and O’Farrell.

No thanks.

More interestingly (I hope),

How has the senior coaching upheaval been affecting the draft preparation process, or how do you imagine it might?

Presumably when it comes to selecting a lot of decisions are made on the basis of what kinds of players the incumbent coach is after, or more broadly what is most required by the current game plan. And even when we do have a new senior coach come draft time, I'd have thought their preferences would not be nearly as firmly entrenched.

Is there a sense of flying a little blind at the moment ? Or of liberation maybe?

Hey MM - I think all can see the game plan is less structured so to speak. It's about showing us what you have that got you drafted.

As there is no 2025 coach right now, the caretaker mode is to see who can play at the level. Good players will be good players under any coach show show us you're a good player.

I like the word liberation it's apt

For a contracted Warner I think the Swans would want pick 2/3 and Barrass, which I would rationalise as what I think we’ll get for Barrass which is pick 10 and 28.

No thanks.
Yep, hard pass for that kind of cost

No thanks.
I reckon we could get an 18/19 back with us paying. That’s TB price without us paying his salary to Hawks.

TB (50% $) + Pick 2 + 23
For
Warner + 18 + 19

Warner, Reid, Hewett, Yeo and Kelly in the guts.

Hey MM - I think all can see the game plan is less structured so to speak. It's about showing us what you have that got you drafted.

As there is no 2025 coach right now, the caretaker mode is to see who can play at the level. Good players will be good players under any coach show show us you're a good player.

I like the word liberation it's apt

Is there any particular reason Trew hasn’t been given a proper go until the last few games? I know he’s had injuries but he just didn’t seem to ever get a good go under Simpson.

I reckon we could get an 18/19 back with us paying. That’s TB price without us paying his salary to Hawks.

TB (50% $) + Pick 2 + 23
For
Warner + 18 + 19

Warner, Reid, Hewett, Yeo and Kelly in the guts.
There is no way the Swans are sending back two 1R Draft picks with a contracted Warner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back