List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a draft board so yeah that’s what you would expect. When someone doesn’t agree the tears and tantrums ain’t great but expected by some. Throwing out little jabs and then cops one back and the tears flow again. 🤣

Oh only the person who throws out the first ‘insult’ isn’t childish. Gotta ya EV ;)
Yep. Bedtime.

You people are nuts and not consistent.

Early this year it was

This year first round + next year's first round for Warner.

Pick 3 + Barrass for Warner when you put in perspective is really Pick 3 + steak knife's for Warner. Which is a steal.
Err, what?

2x top 10 picks for a bloke whose last high-impact game was against Norf in round 18, then you need to go back to round 11 for his previous standout game before that. Had a good start to the season but apart from beating up on Norf, hasn't had too much of an impact in recent weeks.

Kelly 2.0.

I'm not giving up 2x top 10 picks for that.

Early this year it was

Pick 3 + Barrass for Warner when you put in perspective is really Pick 3 + steak knife's for Warner. Which is a steal.
Earlier in the year it was people getting way too ahead of themselves, Warner was never worth that.

Hes certainly NOT worth Barrass AND pick 3. This isnt Chris Judd here

Watched training yesterday and it was good to see Malakai Champion there doing the full session with the senior group

Seems almost certain he’ll be an Eagle next year
Yea he has been training a lot with us this year
Also we have had a lot of NGA training with us this more so than in the past
There been about another 4 that are available next year that having been at training sessions

Early this year it was

I agree that TB isn't as good as Dev Robertson, but he's better than steak knives.

Hey BOND 007

Pyke has mentioned several times now we will try and improve the list by any means possible……

So are we going to ask the AFL for an assistance package or not?

Whilst I don’t want to wave the flag around publicly in the media like North did I would certainly hope we are making enquiries privately.

if you can’t answer if we a going to ask for some more picks then can you at least answer whether you think we should.

Hope no one at the club is selling all our players to just get into the draft like your plan. You can tell the supporters who don’t watch other clubs. Box score fans and I’ve got one here.

We are clearly going to the draft. Let’s hope that’s not the only play we have or we will be in real trouble for next year and 5 years time.

Pyke already said we will use all means at our disposal.

As for selling all our players. It would be a significant shift if one player was traded out. Its is something we havent done as well as other clubs. Geography is a factor but not the overriding issue.

Hey BOND 007

Pyke has mentioned several times now we will try and improve the list by any means possible……

Whilst I don’t want to wave the flag around publicly in the media like North did I would certainly hope we are making enquiries privately.

if you can’t answer if we a going to ask for some more picks then can you at least answer whether you think we should.
Nothing in the AFL stays private. We make enquiries, it’ll be leaked and it’ll be seen as “waving the flag around”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone able to unlock this article?
A 37-game defender could be the unlikely key to unlocking some of the blockbuster deals in this year’s trade period.

West Coast’s Harry Edwards, whose two-year deal expires at season’s end, is attracting opposition interest, and whether the Eagles re-sign him may be the decisive factor in whether contracted star Tom Barrass gets to Hawthorn.

The 23-year-old key backman is nowhere near as established as Barrass, who is five years older, but is developing well, and his age better fits rebuilding West Coast’s timeline to on-field relevance.

There is also a possibility that the future of Richmond’s Liam Baker, out of contract at season’s end and being hunted by both Western Australian clubs, could be tied in once the Edwards and Barrass dominoes land. The Eagles’ new list boss, Matt Clarke, used to be the Tigers’ head recruiter.

The Hawks, with senior coach and ex-West Coast assistant and player Sam Mitchell performing a lead role, along with list boss Mark McKenzie, hope to deliver a stunning recruiting coup to cap a promising season.

Western Bulldogs are also chasing Barrass, but two sources familiar with the situation told this masthead Hawthorn are viewed as the frontrunners if he leaves. The Swans are not interested in Barrass this time around, a separate source told this masthead.

Barrass, who sat out West Coast’s 10-point win over Gold Coast with concussion symptoms after playing his 150th game a week earlier, would earn more money at the Hawks and Bulldogs, while his sister is relocating to Melbourne from Sydney.

I hope Jai stays because he's so much fun to be around, but the reality is he's not playing much now and with Hewitt back next year, & the club seeking midfield options at years end, then there might not be a place for him.

Any re-signings should be left for the club to announce publicly.

You'd bloody hope so, otherwise you split a pick and drafted a bloke with no farken feet, on top of the previous year's effort in dropping down the order to target a bloke from the U10s with a leather allergy 🙃

I like this part (talking about pick 3)

However, the Eagles would not put that selection on the table for Baker despite leading the race for him

But I hate this part

Enter Barrass, who would fetch a first-round pick that could be flipped to the Tigers – but West Coast would need to know Edwards was staying.

You'd bloody hope so, otherwise you split a pick and drafted a bloke with no farken feet, on top of the previous year's effort in dropping down the order to target a bloke from the U10s with a leather allergy 🙃
Need to be more optimistic with Chess, he's shown glimpses of why we drafted him. His first year was ruined by being tunnelled by the purps, hopefully 2025 coach plays him in a role thats not a dead wing.
I'm hopefully he comes on in waves after a slow start aka Shep.
If Elijah overcomes his feet issue after this deload he's gonna be jet, have faith man

Hey BOND 007

Actually I reckon the club has a view a little like mine which is "I'm not sure"

Yes WC could do with a free hit at a couple of players like North did. And this is an outcomes based industry, so anything that can help achieve a good result should be considered. And I'm sure any embarrassment will be forgotten if we win a flag.

But on the flip side I actually think there is talent on the list it just needs to be developed and Im not sure that has happened recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back