List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Goss reporting Snakes extension announced within the next week. They love a group announcement and hopefully HEdwards is too.

Say TB decides he is staying and HEdwards then wants out. What’s his trade value? Being OCC

How dare Waterman look for a contract extension with a year remaining?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from the player not honouring his existing deal.

Just can't believe West Coast management. :rolleyes: :$:drunk:

That's Kane Cornes reality in his small brain.

What a flog for actually saying and writing that last week.

Koby Evans?
Yep seen Perth colts and Evans play half a dozen times this year and his u18s games.

I feel the only reason he got in the u18s is because he is part of our NGA .

Not saying he doesn't get drafted but more of a cat B rookie atm .

He certainly doesn't have the talent collard or malakai have .

Not even dewar who has always had silky skills

But he has another season to show his wares but until he improves his kicking and stops just slamming the ball on his boot he won't go up in my opinion

Absolutely nothing article and * I can’t stand Vic media and their little weasel agendas.
It was basically us swapping barrass for Baker.

Saying we wouldn't use pick 3 but the barrass compo is exactly what the media expects for Baker.

I would rather just pull away from Baker and Graham and target he who shall not be named again and garcia

Adelaide have the Dogs, Port and Sydney to finish. Possible they beat Port but unlikely to win any of them which would have them picking at 4. St kilda have 2 points on them and play Richmond.

Could we manipulate the draft and say we'll take Draper at 3 (which I'd be happy with) or we let him slide to you at 4 if you trade us Curtin for Hawthorn's pick 10? Gives them their gun South Australian mid, removes the Curtin flight risk factor and they save face for trading up to get him. Obviously relies on Richmond and North not picking Draper.

Twomey has Bo Allen in that pick 10 ranking but Curtin is a class above. No idea what the Crows are thinking leaving him disgruntled stuck in the SANFL.

Adelaide have the Dogs, Port and Sydney to finish. Possible they beat Port but unlikely to win any of them which would have them picking at 4. St kilda have 2 points on them and play Richmond.

Could we manipulate the draft and say we'll take Draper at 3 (which I'd be happy with) or we let him slide to you at 4 if you trade us Curtin for Hawthorn's pick 10? Gives them their gun South Australian mid, removes the Curtin flight risk factor and they save face for trading up to get him. Obviously relies on Richmond and North not picking Draper.

Twomey has Bo Allen in that pick 10 ranking but Curtin is a class above. No idea what the Crows are thinking leaving him disgruntled stuck in the SANFL.
You don't need to manipulate the draft to achieve all this.

You simply trade 3 and 10 for 4 and Dan Curtin.

It was basically us swapping barrass for Baker.

Saying we wouldn't use pick 3 but the barrass compo is exactly what the media expects for Baker.

I would rather just pull away from Baker and Graham and target he who shall not be named again and garcia
How about we take the Barrass compo and just use it to bring back Barrass if that's the option. Barass >>>>>>>>>>>>> Baker.

Can Harry Edwards be resigned pronto, should be our number 1 priority regardless if Barrass does stay.

Swapping Barrass for effectively Baker is so meh, no thanks.

IMO the Graham over compo and pick 23 does it.
I think Harry stays if barrass goes.

If barrass was to stay Harry might chase opportunity elsewhere.

Graham is probably worth band 4 compo so end of 2nd round pick 42-44

We need to use our cap and tell Richmond we will get you band 3 pick22 atm but we get Baker for less .

I'm sure we can get a mid 2nd rounder for bailey . Pass that on for Baker

We need to use our cap and tell Richmond we will get you band 3 pick22 atm but we get Baker for less .

Bailey and cap space (FA pick 22) for Baker and Graham is a deal I could get around.

Yeah but they might think we won't take him at 4 anyway and call the bluff. May need some leverage.
Obviously the discussion is around how much we want Draper and will take him at 3, but saying you won't actually take him if they do X would get you in all sorts of trouble with the AFL. You need to trade the pick to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously the discussion is around how much we want Draper and will take him at 3, but saying you won't actually take him if they do X would get you in all sorts of trouble with the AFL. You need to trade the pick to them.
Well it's not the club would post said deal on Instagram. I'm just trying to get Curtin out of Adelaide using the Draper pick threat.

No offence to HEdwards, but prior to this year he's been a bit of an inconsistent injury-prone baby giraffe. The few games he's played this year he's appeared far more settled, but I think it's unfair to pin his lack of games at AFL level on Simpson when he's competing with McGovern and Barrass for a position.

Also looking for more opportunities on the back of his form prior to this year seems a bit much, doubt he would've got a game at another club with the patchy form he was supplying to us.

No offence to HEdwards, but prior to this year he's been a bit of an inconsistent injury-prone baby giraffe. The few games he's played this year he's appeared far more settled, but I think it's unfair to pin his lack of games at AFL level on Simpson when he's competing with McGovern and Barrass for a position.

Also looking for more opportunities on the back of his form prior to this year seems a bit much, doubt he would've got a game at another club with the patchy form he was supplying to us.
Think it's more a case of other clubs coming knocking, rather than HEdwards actively looking.

I get the temptation to lump Baker and Graham together but its not really Richmonds choice if Graham comes to us. If he comes to us it is because we have already put an offer in front of him, independent of any trade. I don't see how we can base his remuneration on a hypothetical trade for Baker. Do we give him two offers one for if we get baker and one for without? Not sure a player or agent would be too keen for that.

Or do we just rescind our offer for Graham if Baker declines? That doesn't sound like dealing in good faith either.
Plus if Graham accepts and Baker says no, then we've overpayed for a player and diluted our own draft hand due to compo picks.

I get the temptation to lump Baker and Graham together but its not really Richmonds choice if Graham comes to us. If he comes to us it is because we have already put an offer in front of him, independent of any trade. I don't see how we can base his remuneration on a hypothetical trade for Baker. Do we give him two offers one for if we get baker and one for without? Not sure a player or agent would be too keen for that.

Or do we just rescind our offer for Graham if Baker declines? That doesn't sound like dealing in good faith either.
Plus if Graham accepts and Baker says no, then we've overpayed for a player and diluted our own draft hand due to compo picks.
We get both players and the Tigers in a room together and say here’s the deal are you boys in or out?

Last edited:
Request for our WAFL u18 scouts.

Young Taijh Stanley has moved down to Perth to play for East Perth colts. He's a little ripper who I helped coach in u18's when he was playing up a grade a couple of years ago. He played all last season in the men's premier league including finals in the AFLNT comp.

He's a quick solid skillful mid who is almost a deadset ringer lookalike of Shuey.

And a mad West Coast fan.

His dad played WAFL as well.

So has moved from Darwin to have a crack in his draft year. Interested to see how he goes.
Taj Stanley is flying at the moment for Perth Football club. Really stands out for his footy smarts and toughness around the ball. Made his debut for the reserves last week. Unless they want to qualify him for the Tessie’s finals he should make his debut in the league team I’d recon. A real draft chance with West Coast I recon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back