List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would much prefer the club trade Barrass for pick 9/10 and 27.

Hes a Decent key back, and we hold the whip hand as he is contracted.

Starting point should be two top 10 picks and go from there, but id be happy with a pick 8-10ish and pick 18-20ish

Regarding baker, id be spewing if we gave up anything higher than pick 20 for him. Realistically we're only looking at him because the players we have in that age range are absolute tripe.

Would a straight swap...baker for petch suffice LOL

Just straight up say we’d like both of you at the club, to satisfy Richmond they want a pick in the early 2R and a pick in the late 2R (from the suggested BW trade). You guys are great mates here’s how we tick those boxes would you both like to play for our club under this scenario?

If not then we’ll have to see what individual deals look like for both of you.
I get the concept, I'm just not sure it could work in practice. It puts a lot a lot of pressure on Baker, its almost blackmail.
Come to us Baker or we are going to pay your mate significanly less and he might not even get a contract with us.
If we do something like that it would definitely be a change in philosophy for us and an indication we are willing to be more ruthless.

More likely we have already given an indication to Graham that we want him and on what terms we are willing to pay him. I would think negotiations are already occuring with his player agent considering free agent period is only 2 months away.

I get the concept, I'm just not sure it could work in practice. It puts a lot a lot of pressure on Baker, its almost blackmail.
Come to us Baker or we are going to pay your mate significanly less and he might not even get a contract with us.
If we do something like that it would definitely be a change in philosophy for us and an indication we are willing to be more ruthless.

More likely we have already given an indication to Graham that we want him and on what terms we are willing to pay him. I would think negotiations are already occuring with his player agent considering free agent period is only 2 months away.
Id suggest in the above scenario Baker said he is coming to us 3 months ago and its us now working out the trade

Hes a Decent key back, and we hold the whip hand as he is contracted.

Starting point should be two top 10 picks and go from there, but id be happy with a pick 8-10ish and pick 18-20ish

Regarding baker, id be spewing if we gave up anything higher than pick 20 for him. Realistically we're only looking at him because the players we have in that age range are absolute tripe.

Would a straight swap...baker for petch suffice LOL
I'd happily trade Barass for

Hawks give: 1st rounder 2024 (~10), 1st rounder 2025 (~12-14 potentially)
Eagles give: 3rd rounder 2024 (meh), 2nd rounder 2025 (~22-24), Tom Barass

I think the Baker interest has been there long before the Graham interest. Would we even offer Graham any deal if it wasn’t part of the bigger Baker picture? I’m not sure. 85% of something is worth more than 100% of nothing.

I personally don’t want either of them but using FA to the club’s advantage has to be the play if we insist on going for them. The AFL isn’t going to carry on about band 3 money for Graham. The North F2 and F3 PP would be nice given how many picks the tigers already have this year.

With attempting to re-sign H.Edwards it probably doesn’t help that we don’t have a coach locked in for next year, so it’s hard to gaurantee that he will play
I would hope any coach we do appoint wouldn't guarantee a borderline B22 a player (or any player for that matter) games. That is what got us in this mess in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onya Gaffy. I'm sure 2018 will be one of his greatest regrets, but who the hell knows if we even win with him in the game.

280 games...I'm noticing our players are finally starting to sprint on through the games once they get to 250 where in the old days our players would get to 220 games and fall off a cliff. Hurn 333, Darling 295*, Cox 290, Kennedy 271, Glass 270

Makes my head hurt every time i hear suggestions about trading for Curtin.

He's shown nothing at Afl level and quite frankly we've dodged a bullet. Would've been a Brander mk2.

Draper's a gun, why give him to Adelaide instead of taking him for ourselves.

Adelaide had their chance for this pick last year but instead chose a kid that they may be having second thoughts about.
I mean there's hot takes then there's this. So Dan Curtin is a bust is he?

In other news (even though it is Gossage)

Negotiations for a long-term deal between star forward Jake Waterman and the West Coast Eagles have taken a positive turn, according to SEN WA’s Tim Gossage.

Waterman is contracted until the end of 2025 but reportedly was pushing for more money on a longer-term contract, after reports emerged recently showing Geelong had interest in the reborn Eagle.

Gossage believes the star forward will remain at the club and that an announcement on a contract extension is imminent.

“My information is, do not be surprised if, in the next few days or early next week, we have a significant announcement out of West Coast regarding the re-contracting/longer-term deal for Jake Waterman,” Gossage said on SEN WA Breakfast.

Not sure where Baker fits into our club anymore, wouldn't want him taking midfield minutes from the the younger generation. Duggan, Cole, ginbey, hough and hopefully travaglia are enough small/med defenders and he's prob not crafty enough to be at our kpf feet + draft capital

He can play all 3 lines, has pace, is tough and likes to harass. I think he’s a dire need up forward as a defensive forward, but could also play back or some mid minutes as needed.

Not worth a 1st round but 20-30 range seems fair

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

'Shaking cages' as someone put it as an independent contractor for the club. Club is paying flights, accomodation and i'm in Australia 2 weeks a month plus my consultation fee. Finish up end of pick trade period, not involved in this years draft.

No player has committed from an opposition side to coming to the club at this stage. A couple are 50/50.

Ryan, Barrass, Edwards being actively chased by other clubs. A couple of younger and mid age players have had a bit of lukewarm interest but nothing to report.

Apologies, can't give anymore information.

'Shaking cages' as someone put it as an independent contractor for the club. Club is paying flights, accomodation and i'm in Australia 2 weeks a month plus my consultation fee. Finish up end of pick trade period, not involved in this years draft.

No player has committed from an opposition side to coming to the club at this stage. A couple are 50/50.

Ryan, Barrass, Edwards being actively chased by other clubs. A couple of younger and mid age players have had a bit of lukewarm interest but nothing to report.

Apologies, can't give anymore information.

No point shaking an empty cage.

Now let’s see about our own cage being shaken.

Ryan meh
Barrass meh
Edwards meh

Younger players meh as long as it’s not Reid.

If it’s bwilliams or Culley, meh.

Rotham, ledwards and witherden as mid age - meh

Hope that clears it up on that.

Ps Archie Roberts looked alright hey! And caddy looks like a player. :p good pickups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back