List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
He won’t play anyway if he continues to simply complain when he gets touched as opposed to putting the fist in.
over the past couple of years i notice quite a few eagles complaining about frees and putting mayo on when touched. But i also noted that there has been a marked lowering of it over the past couple of weeks, with the noticeable exception of Kelly on the W/E when he stopped running and complained thinking the ball was going out and it stayed in...

Hopefully Schoefield has told them to cut out the acting B/S

Yeah ideally, or give them the third rounder in 2025 instead of second.
Hawks give: 1st rounder 2024 (~10), 1st rounder 2025 (~12-14 potentially)
Eagles give: 3rd rounder 2024 (meh), 3rd rounder 2025 (meh), Tom Barass
Why are we offering sweeteners to do the deal. FFS you lot have got so used to the club doing shit deals it's in your heads.

Barras goes.....someone coughs up 2 high picks. Now 10 and 20 isn't high. If it was pick 4 and 10 then I could see a F3 going with barrass, but we hold all the cards. It's time to toughen up. Thank god nezzy and pieman have gone.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

'Shaking cages' as someone put it as an independent contractor for the club. Club is paying flights, accomodation and i'm in Australia 2 weeks a month plus my consultation fee. Finish up end of pick trade period, not involved in this years draft.

No player has committed from an opposition side to coming to the club at this stage. A couple are 50/50.

Ryan, Barrass, Edwards being actively chased by other clubs. A couple of younger and mid age players have had a bit of lukewarm interest but nothing to report.

Apologies, can't give anymore information.
We should be able to get something of value for ryan if he decides to leave.

Is this the same Graham who toured Ports facilities, giving signs he was out of Richmond before re-signing with Tiges.

Repeating the process?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes, until a lad by the name of Jason Horne-Francis decided he wanted to go home.

He can play all 3 lines, has pace, is tough and likes to harass. I think he’s a dire need up forward as a defensive forward, but could also play back or some mid minutes as needed.

Not worth a 1st round but 20-30 range seems fair

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I get that but do we really wanna see Dewar, maric, HJ, hall as the Sub when we are trying to rebuild? A lot of our young kids look pretty good the sooner we get them to 50 games the better, prob enough senior players on the list to keep them into line also. Doubt Richmond will let us have him for nothing

So with so few rucks available, IF we get English, Bailey Williams will be made offers.

I would like us to try to get Knobel as a developing tall and Freo have 2 of them playing decent WAFL and Riedy just committed for another year. He is probably worth a 4th round pick or a future swap of R2. I am usually patient with developing talls and have not written Barnett off, just not believing Barnett will make it as a ruck and I really want him trialled as a KPD over the summer. If we get these deals, then I would happily pay out Jamieson and delist a year early. Sorry Callum, you cannot stay on the park and we need your spot.

What would Bailey land us? Probably a pick between 35 and 45. Which clubs? Melbourne, Dogs, St Kilda come to mind as possible clubs interested.

I really like the skill set of Burgiel and loved the initial pick but I would be wanting a very thorough discussion with the medical team before committing.

With all the talk of Tom to Hawks, I am starting to think it may just be pick 10 and perhaps a F2 or F3. I now find myself wanting the Blues to smash the Hawks on the weekend. With another top 10 pick, we can be more demanding for any offer or our pick 2 or 3.

If it is a F2 from Hawks, this may be enough for Baker.

That would turn Tom Barrass into both Baker and one of Travaglia/Lalor/Lindsay

Makes my head hurt every time i hear suggestions about trading for Curtin.

He's shown nothing at Afl level and quite frankly we've dodged a bullet. Would've been a Brander mk2.

Draper's a gun, why give him to Adelaide instead of taking him for ourselves.

Adelaide had their chance for this pick last year but instead chose a kid that they may be having second thoughts about.
I tend to agree but to his defence he has had very little opportunity at AFL level for the Crows. I don't know what they are doing with him and their supporters don't seem to know either.

Makes my head hurt every time i hear suggestions about trading for Curtin.

He's shown nothing at Afl level and quite frankly we've dodged a bullet. Would've been a Brander mk2.

Draper's a gun, why give him to Adelaide instead of taking him for ourselves.

Adelaide had their chance for this pick last year but instead chose a kid that they may be having second thoughts about.

Mate I am so glad we dodged this bullet. Literally this time last year we had everyone in the media telling us to trade the pick or use pick 1 to draft and I quote 'The next Matthew Pavlich'

'Harley ain't coming, he doesn't wanna come, don't bother drafting him, please North lose enough to finish last'...ahh stick it up your ass 🖕

The Tim English Herald Sun article from this morning. Will Schofield said on Back Chat a couple weeks ago he's probably gone because how are you this deep into a season and you're not re-signed yet? I kinda agree with him unless English is backing himself in to play the best 2 months of footy of his life to get an improved deal.

The Tim English Herald Sun article from this morning. Will Schofield said on Back Chat a couple weeks ago he's probably gone because how are you this deep into a season and you're not re-signed yet? I kinda agree with him unless English is backing himself in to play the best 2 months of footy of his life to get an improved deal.

He and the Dogs are just waiting for the other to blink first.

He wants another year, Eagles offered another year.

Now its a poker game standoff.

If English accepts our offer then the Dogs have the decision to match terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was getting mildly confident of snaring English a couple of weeks ago but the Dogs recent form has me thinking he'll stay. It would be hard to turn down a side like that, for us.

Dogs are a constant tease and will probably do the same yo-yo next year but English will be blinded by the recent form imo.

Doubt we get much in a trade but this wouldn’t be a bad result if we could snag a R3/F3 for him

Might be a good result too for Jack as he’d likely get another year at a new club

DOES DARLING END ELSEWHERE?

WEST Coast veteran Jack Darling is expected to garner rival interest as clubs look at the experienced key forward market for him to end his career at a second club.

Darling returned to form last week in one of the best games he has played in recent years, having 22 disposals, nine marks and kicking a goal in the Eagles' win over Gold Coast.

The 32-year-old has a year to run on his contract with the Eagles but could look at rival options.

He was omitted from the Eagles' line-up for the first time in his career after their loss to Melbourne in round 17 and played two games in the WAFL before earning a recall.

The 2018 premiership player has played 295 games with the Eagles but clubs are considering the 32-year-old as a ready-to-play option in a key forward market that is difficult to attract gold plated moves.

Doubt we get much in a trade but this wouldn’t be a bad result if we could snag a R3/F3 for him

Might be a good result too for Jack as he’d likely get another year at a new club

The perfect article doesn’t exi-

Meanwhile, the Eagles are in talks for a contract extension for improved defender Brady Hough. Hough has played every game this season and been a consistent member of the Eagles' back half.

He is already contracted to the end of 2025 but discussions are underway for an extension

Trading Barrass for Baker is literally a step backwards. A contracted quality KPP for an uncontracted pretty decent small mid/ utility who is just two years younger. Surely we aren't that silly.

As for Darling, he’s the KPF4 or 5 next year.

Waterman, Allen, JWill, AReid.

Reid will be ready to play alongside Waterman or Allen, and on a week where all of them are injured a competing team would turn to Darling. For us, probably worthwhile just blooding Reid in that situation anyway, which makes minutes for JD hard to come by.

I’d like to see him hit 300 games as an Eagle, but you can’t make list decisions on that. He’s already contracted, so this isn’t a manager trying to drum up perceived value, there must be some actual interest from somewhere. A stray third rounder (or god forbid a second for JD and a third 👀) could make all the difference in some of the moves we’re angling to make.

If there’s actually something tangible on the table, it has to be done.

Clubs in ‘high alert’ about possible snaring Liam Ryan with a 3 year contract offer.

If Clark is offering JACK GRAHAM a FOUR YEAR deal, who knows what he’d offer for Liam Baker in a trade. If we deal Barrass for a pick in the sweet spot of this years draft only to then trade it for Baker, it’ll confirm the club have no idea what position we’re in.

If Vic media are saying pick 13 for Baker who is OOC. What are they saying an
AA contracted Liam Ryan worth?

Why are we offering sweeteners to do the deal. FFS you lot have got so used to the club doing shit deals it's in your heads.

Barras goes.....someone coughs up 2 high picks. Now 10 and 20 isn't high. If it was pick 4 and 10 then I could see a F3 going with barrass, but we hold all the cards. It's time to toughen up. Thank god nezzy and pieman have gone.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
RTB would be demanding 2 x <10 picks no questions asked, or no deal.

We are as weak as soggy spaghetti.

Need a bit of steel from somewhere.

Clubs in ‘high alert’ about possible snaring Liam Ryan with a 3 year contract offer.

Watching Flyin sprinting for a loose ball on Friday night, you can tell he won't ever get back to his pre-double hamstring tendon injury speed - doubt we getting anything inside the first round. I'd say early to mid-second rounder at this point?

He's probably one that I'd want to hold onto for the development of Champion, Dewar and Brockman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back