List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely we want to hold onto Ryan unless we get a crazy offer
To be fair Morris has came back with another tweet. Eagles will ask for Premium Draft compensation. We won’t have anyone else to pay, pay his salary and get the Sun pick (6) or Doggies (12* and 20*)

Suns bring in Rioli and Flyin with other teams paying their salary for 2 years and still get a top 10 player.

Can’t sanction moving Ryan on for anything less than a top 10 pick, which nobody in footy is offering.

A late first that’s pushed into the mid 20s does absolutely nothing for me, given what we have behind Ryan at mid/small forward.

Who will take the slack, post knee injury Noah Long? Bordering on deceased Jamie Cripps? Could destroy an 18 year old Champion instead of letting him come on slowly, that could be fun.

Just can’t do it, unless an offer comes in that is simply farcical. Weirdly, Freo should be swinging us the Pies pick for Ryan and instantly become flag favourites but let’s not go there.

Flying adds like 3 extra goals to our team. Since his evolution as a midfielder he has more string to his bow and greater benefit to the team.

If we want fluke wins or wins we need Ryan.

We need him less as a goal scorer more as a classy transitioner to our fwd line

Pick 14 and lower and maybe I consider it.

Last edited:
Ignoring their relative trade values, would you rather Ryan or Baker on our list bearing in mind Baker is ~15 months younger and hasn’t had surgery on both hamstrings

Also whilst Baker would likely set better training standards, Ryan’s value as a mentor to our young indigenous lads shouldn’t be underestimated

It’s pretty even but if we are having to offer more to get Baker than we receive for Ryan then I’m keeping Ryan

Or we could have both

I’m very happy to let the majority of our seniors/decent players go for good picks but think offloading Ryan would be a big mistake. He’s a game changer even if he’s having an off day he makes something out of nothing and his type don’t grow on trees, i mean we literally don’t have any other player like him on the list and haven’t had for a while..

This is exactly my sentiment. Winning the ball at the contest, the ability to move the ball and defend oppo ball movement is the key. We have had the best spine for years, nicnat, Kennedy, Barras gov darling and it didn't make a shred of difference for the last three years. Our inability to defend ball movement and our inability to generate inside 50s is why we get pumped. They are the players you target for when the finals window opens up.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
glad someone agreed with me.

modern footy is just run it.

Why not load up with talented mids that can push fwd/back when needed and not run out of gas

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get a letter from the CEO of the AFL, it’s like when you turn 100 and the PM writes to you.
Jack Mcbrayer Shrug GIF by Team Coco

I’m very happy to let the majority of our seniors/decent players go for good picks but think offloading Ryan would be a big mistake. He’s a game changer even if he’s having an off day he makes something out of nothing and his type don’t grow on trees, i mean we literally don’t have any other player like him on the list and haven’t had for a while..
not since bong boy

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he was uncontracted, Liam’s value would be the same as Baker’s. You know what you’ll get from Baker each week but he’s not a game breaker. A third club passing on a pick to Richmond could be the basis of a three way trade involving the Liams.

I’d also be very surprised if Freo weren’t interested, I’d be pushing for Knobel and the worst of their 1R (likely 16) for Liam and pick 28 if we acquired it in a Barrass trade with the Hawks.

If he was uncontracted, Liam’s value would be the same as Baker’s. You know what you’ll get from Baker each week but he’s not a game breaker. A third club passing on a pick to Richmond could be the basis of a three way trade involving the Liams.

I’d also be very surprised if Freo weren’t interested, I’d be pushing for Knobel and the worst of their 1R (likely 16) for Liam and pick 28 if we acquired it in a Barrass trade with the Hawks.
What’s with the giving back of picks to dilute the value of the one received?

We may also see Travaglia get some VFL action this weekend, but as of Sunday it wasn't confirmed whether he would play for an AFL affiliate club at that level or go back to Sandhurst for the bye.
Twomey reporting he’ll play for Carlton VFL. Looking forward to seeing how his game stands up against men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back