List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
He would be a good pickup obviously

Whether his worth a big contract over 5/6 years (or whatever the rumoured offer is) is what I'm not sure about
If we lose barrass we will have money to burn just to hit the 95% cap mark .

We could conceivably give English 1.3 mill the first 2 year then 850k a year for 4 more years .

I would much rather over pay for English than Graham

at least 2 more mids, a bull and a magnet that is a good user of the ball. lalor or smilie (bulls) Draper or O' Sullivan (Magnet ball users)
Easy draft draper
Trade for sheldrik.

Sheldrik would slot into that inside extractor role from round 1 .

Then you can have the likes of Kelly yeo Reid and Draiper rotating in and out of centre bounces who can win their own ball but are better as that 1st handball recive .

Like wines and drew extract for butters rozee and JHF .

If we lose barrass we will have money to burn just to hit the 95% cap mark .

We could conceivably give English 1.3 mill the first 2 year then 850k a year for 4 more years .

I would much rather over pay for English than Graham
Just a thought, but start sounding out Tom DeKoning? 2 years younger and just as big an upside as English

Easy draft draper
Trade for sheldrik.

Sheldrik would slot into that inside extractor role from round 1 .

Then you can have the likes of Kelly yeo Reid and Draiper rotating in and out of centre bounces who can win their own ball but are better as that 1st handball recive .

Like wines and drew extract for butters rozee and JHF .
I don't like Kelly on the inside, he does his best work as first ball receiver and delivering inside 50. That is how Geelong used him and we have used him as an inside mid and have we have never got the same level of output from his as Geelong did. Sheldrick would be good , if Sydney was willing to part with him. I'd rather get him than Liam Baker.

Just a thought, but start sounding out Tom DeKoning? 2 years younger and just as big an upside as English
Depends.

If Knobel is a real option, and **** knows if he is. But if he is traded in then it would be perfect passing of the torch between English and Knobel when the time comes on. If he comes on anything like the bullish WAFL watchers.

Now that the bottom three picks are locked and loaded, does anyone have a few ranking to go by to give a better insight on who Richmond, Norf and we will be looking at?

I will be shocked if Norf continue to pick a midfielder….

And can anyone particularly the Draft watchers provide a decent write up on the players we are linked with e.g Draper, FOS and Smith and where they will fit in the side? I am still bullish on Draper, since reading that he is a leader, bull, determined and two way runner.

Now that the bottom three picks are locked and loaded, does anyone have a few ranking to go by to give a better insight on who Richmond, Norf and we will be looking at?

And can anyone particularly the Draft watchers provide a decent write up on the players we are linked with e.g Draper, FOS and Smith and where they will fit in the side? I am still bullish on Draper, since reading that he is a leader, bull, determined and two way runner.
North need a key back so maybe Trainor
Richmond need everything but they are lacking a lot of class at the moment , so Draper, O'Sullivan ... I would not be surprised to see them pick Smilie though.

I think North either trade back for a pick more suited to Trainor(Swap with Crows maybe) or they just take Smillie. Surely they dont go for yet another 180-185cm accumulating midfielder right?

I think North either trade back for a pick more suited to Trainor(Swap with Crows maybe) or they just take Smillie. Surely they dont go for yet another 180-185cm accumulating midfielder right?
Smillie is a point of difference with their midfield set-up.

I have a feeling they might take best available mid at 2 .

Comben has been a great defender for them .
Griffen logue will be back next season

They picked up 200cm KPD will Dawson at the end of the 1st round last off season .

Then they have corr at 195cms and kalan Dawson 196cm both defenders .

I highly doubt they go a key defender

We probably need a key defender more than they do

Them trading back for Trainor does make sense.

Travaglia with 15 disposals, 5 tackles and 5 intercept possessions for Carlton VFL today.
Was a very defensive minded effort from Tobie. Unfortunately he was frequently burnt by teammates who seemed to prefer to bomb to their Geelong opponents than use him.
Tobie appeared to spend much of the fourth quarter on the bench when the game was there to be won.
Still his running patterns were exceptional and he is constantly making himself available as an overlap option. He also fumbled less than the majority of the VFL players and was very good with his handballing to teammates.
Maybe didn't get the weight of disposals but was down back without any midfield minutes and played a very good team-oriented game.
15 isn't bad for a hbf in first game of vfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're pretty much locked in for pick 3

if we don't trade it will Draper still be there?

JTD if so

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm hoping we don't trade it and we pick up extra first rounders from player movements (Barrass)
Either Draper or O'Sullivan will be there at pick 3. Both are classy ball magnets that use the ball well. Up until his hand injuries O'Sullivan was the man touted as going at number 1 (Ashcroft aside). I would be happy with either. If we don't pick either of them, I would go with Murphy Reid.

Harry Armstrong seems to be making a late push up some draft boards. A kpf which both Richmond and norf could use.
Richmond have a lot more holes to plug at this stage,especially if they're trading out half their team
If north take him it'd be great for us. Another mid to choose from

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very hard draft to get a read on. I’ll give it ago with what trades I think will happen and what the ladder will look like.

Rich- Jagga
Crows- Sid (trade with Nth M)
Eagles- FOS (I think Saints will try and throw some big offers our way)
Roos- Trainor (Armstrong is also a chance here)
Saints- Smillie
Saints- Lalor
Power - Langford (Melb trade pick for Houston)
Essendon- Armstrong
Rich- Reid (Freo trade pick for Bolton)
Rich- Travaglia (GC trade pick for Rioli)
Rich- Hotton (Freo trade pick for Bolton)
Eagles- probably Bo Allan 😐 (Hopefully Lindsay)

If top 3 don’t trade
Rich- Jagga
North- FOS but see how his VFL goes today
Eagles- Sid

Good luck trying to predict it though, Cal is already putting out excuses for his

Last edited:
Sheldrick is behind heeney warner rowbottom Jordan Adams mills guilden parker for being a centre square mid at Sydney

They also picked up cleary last year at pick 24 from their academy who is also an inside bull

He needs to ask for a trade before he rots away in the VFL another year .

Future 2nd make it happen toddy

North need a key back so maybe Trainor
Richmond need everything but they are lacking a lot of class at the moment , so Draper, O'Sullivan ... I would not be surprised to see them pick Smilie though.

May depend a bit on LDU and the status of contract talks. He is a FA next year.

If he looks likely to stay, then north surely chase a KPF, if he is more likely to leave then they may look to get a years development into a replacement.

Also a player I hope we have asked the question of. Unlikely he moves, but worth a try

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May depend a bit on LDU and the status of contract talks. He is a FA next year.

If he looks likely to stay, then north surely chase a KPF, if he is more likely to leave then they may look to get a years development into a replacement.

Also a player I hope we have asked the question of. Unlikely he moves, but worth a try

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Norf will match what ever offer for LDU . Could be the highest paid player in the league after next season .

Problem for norf is will the FA compo be better than any offer the other club can give them .

Im inclined to just sign Liam Reidy as our 10th ruck option at this point. Yesterday was just the writing on the wall for the guy. Freo have offered him a 1 year deal. Lets offer him a 2 year deal, chuck him on the rookie end of our list. Delist Jamieson and move on

For the WAFL team id be inclined to just move Harry Barnett to defense or something. He is so far off it elsewhere. He simply cant be worse in defense.

Im inclined to just sign Liam Reidy as our 10th ruck option at this point. Yesterday was just the writing on the wall for the guy. Freo have offered him a 1 year deal. Lets offer him a 2 year deal, chuck him on the rookie end of our list. Delist Jamieson and move on

For the WAFL team id be inclined to just move Harry Barnett to defense or something. He is so far off it elsewhere. He simply cant be worse in defense.
54 hitouts and 19 disposals yesterday in the WAFL....cockburn could probably have used some of that instead of Craberner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back