List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Either way I disagree. He is a safe option, but I don't think he is the best option.
Besides opinions are varying regularly on here. Last week everyone was decrying Draper as the "obvious" no. 1 pick.
True but I do think when they go into the VFL and put in the performance Levi did this week when he was already the likely pick 1, its kind of the final nail in the coffin to the situation

Noone can still seriously want to pay Tim English big money on a long contract surely
It was a putrid game but has been in good form lately. Would still make us better, if he signs it will be disputed if he is worth that contract until he retires. Sounding like he staying though.

Played like a man that has just got paid ;)

Id split for langford and murphy reid...
I bet you would!
Wink GIFs | Tenor

What makes it worse is, I would too

Combine still likely to largely impact draft sentiment. I think there’s a couple of mids that will drop from consideration due to athletic profile and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Travaglia rise up to considerations at 5 based on blitzing the combine and I think Lindsay will be in this boat as well.

looking like the Barrass pick isn’t going to be that high and we’re doing something with our current first and second.

Really hoping we can secure 2/3 of lalor, Lindsay and trevaglia. Might take a year or two but I think all three will be as close to set and forget in the lineup as possible in a position of need for us although I wouldn’t be surprised to see us take Bo Allen and cough up currency to get a marginal upgrade on Tom Cole in Baker.

Would bar up if we could ship Bailey, darling and maybe a future something to the dees for Judd McVee and if we also found a way to bring in Knobel it’d be one hell of a draft in terms of plugging holes.

Cross everything on your body for next year that hewett can get his body right and Barnett show something as a KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Smillie is no flight risk I think hed be a good fit.
Ginbey moving to half back opens up another spot for a big contested inside mid. If he can be something remotely like Patrick Cripps thatd be a huge win.

I dont think we need a Draper type necessarily, once we start winning more clearances and get better at holding the ball the possession numbers will rise.
If we could have Reid, Smillie and Hall for example all averaging mid 20s touches in 3 years time as our 3 top mids thatd be completely fine.
Totally disagree.

We need some speed and elite ball use in the middle. That's Jagar, FOS or Draper.

We got reid, we don't need Smillie. Ginbey will go into the eventually. Hewett with some luck too.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

For all the talk of English getting smashed in the ruck dogs were +3 in the clearances .

It was the 9 goals from 27 shots that killed the doggies

I disagree

We absolutely need a Draper type and several of them, none of our guys can get to contest after contest, nor do they run both ways.

Smillie emphasises everything wrong with our current midfielders, he’s a poor kick albeit a penetrating one, he’s incredibly lazy off the ball, he doesn’t get involved in link up plays and the idea of him is a lot better than what he actually is.

Mids who have that inside / outside blend with good foot skills and adequate pace are exactly what we need.
Really well said on Smillie very much agree.
He is also a terrible fit with our current mid set up, would make us too big and slow
Draper, FOS, Lindsay fit WCE better as mids all are smaller agile mids with great kicking ability.

Lalor is the wild card still think he can end up being the best player in this draft

Do you think he would be okay with heading West mate? I guess that’s the biggest question i have around Murphy and it’s based on nothing except for being a metro boy. He’s definitely one that i think is really worth looking at pick 3 if he was okay with moving.
Honestly, I've got no idea. He's Caulfield grammar boy and from South Melbourne, so not a true bayside mummies boy. But does have the private school factor.

There was so much anticipation and expectation of what Finn would produce coming into his top age season, but up to now he's struggle through a series of set backs and never really come close to resembling the footballer of last year and years prior. He again started slowly here in the first quarter, but when he started dancing in the second quarter, showing some of the tricks he can pull out of his bag, things that few other footballers can match, there was a palpable sense of relief and excitement among watchers that finally the real Finn O'Sullivan might be about to stand up. There are still reasons why you might not choose to take him at pick 1, but at least we've again started to see why you just might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back