List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
West Coast WAFL is our reserves and even with a relatively healthy injury list we regularly play that many players out of the local ammos. Last year we had so many injuries we were having to reschedule games, borrow players from the opposition etc.

I doubt we asked if we could play Curtin or Collard or any of the other prospective draft class, but I’m willing to bet on what the answer would have been if we had asked.

Completely different scenario though. Curtin and Collard already played for their own WAFL clubs.

Smith, O'Sullivan and Langford do not.

Should trade in Will Brodie from the cockoes. He is the mid age range ball magnet we need! Wouldnt cost much either.

I had a look at Footywire and apparently Ivan Soldo's on a one-year deal at Port?

He'd be a good get with Sweet being the favored big man over there, but that can't be right, can it?

I've talked myself into English as he's exponentially better than B WIlliams and Flynn (partly due to unavailability), but i've never rated him as a top level ruck. Could survive missing out on him, but would like another decent ruck option.
I still have faith in Flynn. Missed a fair chunk of footy and didn’t bounce back. If he can do what he did for GWS, I would take it.

Would flip BWilliams for another genuine afl ruck. Just not sure who w that could be.

Williams ain’t that bad of a player just too far down our KPF depth chart, his proper afl position.

Crows are going hard after Lukosius now, I reckon they’ll probably have to split their first for him and they are dumb enough to do it.

Might take them out of the Draper sweepstakes
Another option is to give the Suns their F1 for Lukosius. They finished 15th and 4 is way overs while an early to mid teens probably feels closer to the mark. In that case, to get up to 2 or 3, they would have to give up the Melbourne R2 they hold currently around 28. I see Norf taking that offer. Norf then have 4 22 28 40 58 and 65. A mix of 28 40 58 and 65 (1,366 points) gives them enough to go for Lion's R1 pick which is likely to be late teens. Therefore they get 4 16 (Lions R1) 22 and a late pick. That would allow them to restock on talls and utilities. Go Trainor, best KPF available and a fast ball distributor.

I came on your board to ask if you think the Eagles have any interest in Shai Bolton?

Not really, if we were in the thick of things in the top 8 we definitely would but for where we are now it would be a pointless recruitment. We need to just hit the draft.

I've talked myself into English as he's exponentially better than B WIlliams and Flynn (partly due to unavailability), but i've never rated him as a top level ruck. Could survive missing out on him, but would like another decent ruck option.

I was keen on English around the ground work for the dump kicks out of defence and link ups through the midfield and fwd ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should trade in Will Brodie from the cockoes. He is the mid age range ball magnet we need! Wouldnt cost much either.

He also can’t rotate anywhere across the ground other than inside mid, he can’t kick, his skills are poor and he’s a lazy off the ball player with zero defensive ability.

He’s the exact type of player we need to stop recruiting.

We already have a potential star ruckman in the 204 cm Harry Edwards. Should be trained up and given a go. Tall, athletic with good skills and would get plenty of the ball around the ground.
Hasn't he just started playing well as a backman? Arent we going to lose barrass?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems weird and suspicious to me that Victorian AFL sides get to effectively trial Victorian draft prospects in their reserves sides. If the number 1 kid in the country was West Australian and we got permission to play him in the Beagles there’d be an uproar.

If the aim is to see how the kids go against adults, there’s half a dozen standalone VFL sides Smith and Langford and co could play for.
So it begs the question, why don't we invite Bo Allen to play for the beagles? I suspect it's because they already have wafl affiliations that won't release them. The Coates players don't.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the knock with Jagga’s size is due to his wiry frame (possibly harder to bulk up - more Nik Cox and less Hough/Fyfe) and also his Tom Swift style neck which adds cm’s that aren’t particularly useful. So his 180cm looks and feels a lot different to Draper’s 180cm.

I was keen on English around the ground work for the dump kicks out of defence and link ups through the midfield and fwd ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was keen on getting Englush since he isnt Bailey Williams, but in reality he probably is Bailey Williams but with a longer neck

I came on your board to ask if you think the Eagles have any interest in Shai Bolton?
I swap between yes and no. But would come with conditions like who else we have lined up. (Sheldrick, Garcia ect) also we get a decent picks for TB in a trade. 12* 27*. Would be very open to trading Flyin too and have 4 picks 30 or bundle up for Brissys pick.

I see it as the Rankine trade to the Crows for pick 5. Rankine was younger but also didn’t have the runs on the board like Bolton. If the Crows didn’t have Rankine they would be stuffed.

He’s perfect at the feet of Waterman, Allen and JWill and pinch hit in the middle ti let Reid go forward. Ideally we can bring in a Sheldrick though as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back