List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a bizarre trade that it’s being reported as essentially a done deal despite there still being 2 weeks to go in the home and away season.

I would suspect it may be a done deal that Barrass is going to request a trade to Hawthorn - but as Bond alluded to last week, Hawthorn have to come to the table and satisfy us. Barrass isn’t out of contract so it isn’t as simple as “he wants to go so he is gone”.

Barrass is a bit of a two-face isn’t he?…

I mean if he wants to go and we can get a good trade then so be it…but don’t carry on like you weren’t shopping yourself last year with 4 years on your deal, only to get cold feet when you realised there wasn’t enough on the table to make it happen…..and then get rolling again on your exit the next season, taking on a vice captain role that could have been used to develop someone actually keen to hang around…while spouting about being part of our rebuild as ‘the greatest opportunity of my career’…

You just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us I guess - on the field obviously and from an overall player loyalty POV - something that’s been a strength for so long.

Right, but we aren’t lining up $1m a year, half decade+ deals for Ginbey and Duggan or 2023 hospitalised Jake Waterman.

Understand some are in or out of the English signing and fair enough.

Fans are fickle and he is a whipping boy for them. Wasn’t a great week for him sign after his game.

Lots of WB fans saying they would match because a pick in the teens wouldn’t be enough.

Eagles offer reportedly reduced during the year. Only one journo taht recently
reported it was over a $1m that I heard was McClure .

Either way we move on and bring forward more money for players so we can try and land a big FA.

I mean if he wants to go and we can get a good trade then so be it…but don’t carry on like you weren’t shopping yourself last year with 4 years on your deal, only to get cold feet when you realised there wasn’t enough on the table to make it happen…..and then get rolling again on your exit the next season, taking on a vice captain role that could have been used to develop someone actually keen to hang around…while spouting about being part of our rebuild as ‘the greatest opportunity of my career’…

You just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us I guess - on the field obviously and from an overall player loyalty POV - something that’s been a strength for so long.
How dare ya. I assume you would boo Barrass wearing Hawks colours?

Pretty sure I could add another 6 or 7 to that list.
Anyway, thanks for allowing me to intrude.
Angry Family GIF by South Park

Hawthorn will have to stump up a good price for an elite player.

They really need an A grade kpd. Frosty and Scrimshaw don’t really do it.

A chance to see what Pyke and Clarke are made of. Is it steel or soft serve?

Feather in the cap man and RTB would be getting 3 picks or 2 and a player. What did they extract from Collingwood for Schulz?

Hawthorn will have to stump up a good price for an elite player.

They really need an A grade kpd. Frosty and Scrimshaw don’t really do it.

A chance to see what Pyke and Clarke are made of. Is it steel or soft serve?

Feather in the cap man and RTB would be getting 3 picks or 2 and a player. What did they extract from Collingwood for Schulz?

A current vice captain, one of the best players in the club, one of the better backs in the league still, on the tail end of his prime with two years still left on his deal after this year. If we ain't getting multiple firsts back in return then it's a fail in my eyes.

Sweeney going with it as definitively as possible.

Think we’ve all assumed it’s essentially done, now it seems done done.

West coast have to agree to the deal.

We need to be like geelong in the kelly deal..where it has to be favourable to us to do the trade. I.e the hawks need to pay slight overs.

If Hawls as expected keep winning I'd be asking first and F1. Essentially two picks from 10 to 18.

They'll probably say no or ask for a f2 to come back with. I'd say f3. They'd agree. We shake hands and kiss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The definitiveness with which this is being spoken about in the media is interesting.

I wonder if the West Coast have said “it would take x and y to get done” and Hawthorn have said yes, and now TB has agreed to contract terms and the deal is more or less done.

The reporting doesn’t leave much wriggle room and the timing is odd.

We still have two games to go in the season.

I don't see it that way at all.

From this article:

"By the end of 2022 Barrass was not only a premiership player, but also a newly minted best and fairest. He knew what the Swans were prepared to offer if he decided to defect.

With that number in mind, Barrass sat down with senior West Coast officials to talk about his contract, against advice from his agent.

He didn't ask for the Eagles to match Sydney's number, but believed the club should restructure his deal to reflect his true value to the team.

To his delight, West Coast officials agreed. There was a verbal understanding that in time, he would receive a pay bump. Any prospect of joining Sydney ended there and then.

This salary increase arrived only in the last few months. Disappointingly for Barrass, it was so minor that it left the 2018 premiership player believing he is being pushed out in favour of multiple high end draft picks."

To be honest I'm kind of ok with the whole situation tbh, aside from maybe us making a verbal promise we didn't keep (don't love that). Reads to me as he came to us discussing his market value (and was happy to cop lower than Sydney's), we've realised it's a bigger priority for our list to gain some picks and let him go, he's read the writing on the wall and has opened himself up to a move. Better for all parties - I think if it really was a terrible outcome for us, most on here would be more outraged he was leaving (everyone seems pretty at peace with it being good for us). That's just footy these days and I'm glad we're not overblowing loyalty like we have in the past with extending contracts a year or so past when they should have been.

This could be the most mutual departure ever. I'd go as far as saying let's have TB and Don pyke at a press conference both side by side announcing the decision.

TB will outline for the betterment of the club ill go to ensure we get draft picks

Whatever happens he needs to go for picks trade must not fail
The definitiveness with which this is being spoken about in the media is interesting.

I wonder if the West Coast have said “it would take x and y to get done” and Hawthorn have said yes, and now TB has agreed to contract terms and the deal is more or less done.

The reporting doesn’t leave much wriggle room and the timing is odd.

We still have two games to go in the season.
Perhaps we plan to organise a farewell game for TB? Let's make it happen

I'm actually scared the list management team will fold due to our nuffie eagle supporters raging.

Could the leak be an attempt to force the issue. Because ****ing helll the list management team better hold tight

Last edited:

Was about to say he was happy to front the media and talk a big game about being about the club and the rebuild but apparently all rubbish.

Ah well, we don't want players who aren't committed so hopefully WC hold the Hawks over a barrel and extract everything we can for him.

Disappointing but the situation of WC ..

Someone pretty damn good leaves ...
How is this disappointing?

• Have won the last 2 games without him
  • won’t be around for our next premiership tilt
  • the team who seems to be leading the chase for his services has decent trade capital

You don’t get many opportunities to speed up your rebuild. This is delightful news

Got a mate in real estate and he has just sent some goss through, asked for me to keep it to myself but apparently Petrecca called him up today asking about houses in Lathlain.

Keep it to yourself gaiz.

Same. I also heard he's signed up for a membership at the Royal Embleton Golf Club and his Mrs (who's a teacher) just haf an interview at Lockridge Primary.

Sweeney going with it as definitively as possible.

Think we’ve all assumed it’s essentially done, now it seems done done.

I don't get out of bed for anything less than 'imminent'.

Take Josh Weddle and whatever.
Gun.

No, we won't take Brockman and a first, you already tried that last year. 😉
Won't be kind if their offers for (essentially) Reid last year were anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back