List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeh fair enough. F2 could certainly be 36 if they win the flag, so not enough..

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
There’s fantastic value in this draft around that pick. There’s a few posters here (myself included) who see massive upside in Knobel. Ryan is a ready made replacement for Walters at Freo, he gets a pay bump and doesn’t leave WA at a flag contender.

Everyone wins.

The knives are out here in Melbourne over the drama at the dees.

Oliver basket case
Neele Bullen going home to SA
Petracca wanting change at the club.
Dan Houston now having second thoughts on leaving port to go to Melbourne.

I live and work in the same community as Goodwin, and everyone knows the fish rots from the head.

It's time to pick at the carcass and chase Rivers.

If that trade plays out here would be my preference:
3 - Finn O'Sullivan (outside leaning mid) or Harvey Langford (inside leaning mid)
View attachment 2079280
12 - Tobie Travaglia (make it happen)
full

23 - Christian Moraes or Xavier Lindsay (too good to pass up if either is available at this pick)
View attachment 2079242

27 - Possibly a tall defender in Alix Tauru, Noah Mraz or Matt Whitlock
59 - James Barrat - he is demonstrating to be an elite interceptor down back. I spoke to him after the Geelong Falcons game two weeks ago and asked him who he styles his game on and he said it was Tom Barrass.
Check out a few of his big marks below from this season:
View attachment 2079241View attachment 2079253
View attachment 2079256View attachment 2079263
View attachment 2079257View attachment 2079267
View attachment 2079258View attachment 2079270
View attachment 2079273View attachment 2079276
Has Barrat grown at all this year. He’s listed as 193cm?

There’s fantastic value in this draft around that pick. There’s a few posters here (myself included) who see massive upside in Knobel. Ryan is a ready made replacement for Walters at Freo, he gets a pay bump and doesn’t leave WA at a flag contender.

Everyone wins.
It could also help us send Barnett to the crows as part of any pick swap/trade.

Oliver basket case

I live and work in the same community as Goodwin, and everyone knows the fish rots from the head.

Somewhat reminiscent of '07 Eagles.

For the same reasons too...

Oliver basket case

Judd McVee please.

And I understand cars, so this is a great summation.

Teams need cogs in the machine though, and a 21 year old cog in the machine who just can’t quite get into a top four talent midfield doesn’t scream delist to me.

I’ll gladly take it, well worth kicking the tires on even if he just proves to be a reliable WAFL option who replaces Luke Edwards’ minutes occasionally, but something’s not adding up to me.

Especially as they have some bids to match so late picks are useful there.
Bingo carroll IMO can be a valued cog in our team, but in carlton hes not as highly valued

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Barrat grown at all this year. He’s listed as 193cm?
He didn't know when I asked him last week. He thought Jobe Shanahan was still slightly taller than him.
As he's going to the Combine I assume that he will be measured there. Obviously another inch would be ideal for his draft prospects.

People attempts to rate the strength of drafts prior to them occurring are typically pretty inaccurate.
Spoken like someone who doesn’t know that next year is a super draft!

He didn't know when I asked him last week. He thought Jobe Shanahan was still slightly taller than him.
As he's going to the Combine I assume that he will be measured there. Obviously another inch would be ideal for his draft prospects.
I think it would be good if the club can trade into a couple of late 2nd/3rd rounders.

I think there will be some good value there.

I think it would be good if the club can trade into a couple of late 2nd/3rd rounders.

I think there will be some good value there.
Combination of Petch, BWilliams and possibly Darling are really the only players who might get us in at that level but there will be a handful of players there who would be in the early 20s on some boards. 👍

1723623647421.png

Salary Cap for next year goes up by 2 million dollars so giving Barrass an extra $100k wouldn't be a problem for the club. Also means we have extra cap space to attract a bit of talent if we really wanted to so jumping at guys like Peatling etc shouldn't be an issue.

View attachment 2079344

Salary Cap for next year goes up by 2 million dollars so giving Barrass an extra $100k wouldn't be a problem for the club. Also means we have extra cap space to attract a bit of talent if we really wanted to so jumping at guys like Peatling etc shouldn't be an issue.

Why would we give Barrass an extra 100k?

View attachment 2079344

lol. Salary cap is not the issue with Barrass

Why would we give Barrass an extra 100k?
Don Pyke said the club would be aggressive in the draft. To speed up our rebuild we may have to trade for more early draft
picks. TB won't be around for our next premiership tilt so why not trade him, he's getting to the back end of his career and is injury prone. The end of his career might only be 1 more concussion away.
This draft is supposed to have a lot of depth. We need to add depth to our defence and midfield. Try and get Busslinger or Curtin back home as well.

And I understand cars, so this is a great summation.

Teams need cogs in the machine though, and a 21 year old cog in the machine who just can’t quite get into a top four talent midfield doesn’t scream delist to me.

I’ll gladly take it, well worth kicking the tires on even if he just proves to be a reliable WAFL option who replaces Luke Edwards’ minutes occasionally, but something’s not adding up to me.

Especially as they have some bids to match so late picks are useful there.

We've seen your hands on the podcast mate, the closest you've come to working under a bonnet is opening the fuel cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back