List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't imagine anyone trading anything higher than a late 3rd rounder for him, and even that's stretching the friendship.
I think you'll find the people defending him were the type to join the plane choir and back Simpson in to coach next year
I'd take a late 3rd rounder for him in this draft. Could get us Davis, Urquhart, or any.tall defenders that are there at that pick. Could also be a champion bid

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they need a tall forward to pair with Larkey, as well as a proper small forward. They have neither.

They need to manufacture picks in the range for someone like Shanahan, as well as an actual rebounding half back with elite disposal, as Zac Fisher ain't it, Sheezel's gone mid and McKercher will do the same.

Nobody else really provides drive off HB, either through run or elite kicking.

Don't really need tall backs anymore, as they've addressed that for now, but they're currently relying on Teakle and Pink to pair up with Larkey and neither is much chop.

Comben was supposed to be that bloke but he's looking far better in defense and CCJ is a complete bust.

Outside of that, Ford and Taylor ad mid-sized forwards, as is Duursma.

Hansen Junior may address the small forward issue in time but nothing I've seen so far suggests he will.

Simpkin's just an all-round spud.

LDU is elite but is more of a first-receiver than extractor, Sheezel's gone mid and is a similar type, as will McKercher be.

They desperately need a huge body in there to get first hands on the pill, which is why Smillie would be best pick for them if they retain the pick.

These aren't just my thoughts, many on the North board feel exactly the same way.
Curtis goes ok as a small forward

What did we get for Rioli in trade again? I think we gave up pick 40 & Rioli for what ended up being pick 38 & 49 the following year.
2 final qtr goals vs Purps, he's high quality.
We got totally reamed.
Yeah but he's indigenous so we has to be seen to be doing the right thing. Otherwise we shouldve screwed him

I went to the game at Optus with a mate of mine and apart from feeling grubby, I came away with a realisation that both Walters and Fyfe are cooked, the Purples small forwards are useless and that Cox is nothing more that big girl’s blouse.

Their list team would do well to say farewell to both Fyfe and Walters and to find replacements.

Hello Tigers rebuild and Bolton. Ain’t no way our team can afford to pay what the Violent Crumbles can for Bolton. Consider him a Purple in 2025. Sorry Nat but you can enjoy working in your families trucking business. Save the salary and delist (retire) them both.

Now for the interesting thing. Pearce (who Monocle states as robust as Yeo’s hamstrings) is needing a partner in crime. Why not Tom Barrass? Surely his missus would be happy with grandparents in Perth around to help her with 2 young kids! Would pick 9 be enough? Luke Ryan alongside of Tom would be a wonderful pairing. Tom - don’t kick just hand pass to Luke.

Now for the kicker. Liam Ryan would be an ideal addition to their forward line. Neither Frederick not the Pole are that good and Liam along Amiss and Treacy would offer so much more. No need to comment on Sturt - I think he suffers from a weak heart muscle. Freo would be well off asking us to pay his salary for 2 years in exchange for pick 17 and Knobel. Who says no?

Time for the 2 WA clubs to start working together. Melbourne team can do this and while we have small minds blocking inter WA club trading, we will both suffer.

I did walk away with absolute delight and chuckled as I saw the wallowing looks on the faces of the Unwashed. And after the Saints came marching in, the Frockers were defrocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did we get for Rioli in trade again? I think we gave up pick 40 & Rioli for what ended up being pick 38 & 49 the following year.
We got totally reamed.

We knew that when the trade was done.

(After being reamed whilst the sample replacement issue went on, and on, and on)

Really like this from Waterman. And also like that for some reason the article isn’t stuck behind a paywall

Especially like this paragraph

“I know we just got smashed, but games like that solidify in my mind that I want to be part of the change and I want to come out of the other side. I want to be playing when we’re starting to win games of footy again and becoming more of a great club like we should be.”

Time for the 2 WA clubs to start working together. Melbourne team can do this and while we have small minds blocking inter WA club trading, we will both suffer.
Absolutely. For some mysterious reason we seem to prefer to disadvantage our club rather than work with the mob down the road. Don’t have to love ‘em. It’s just business as they say.

Did dislike of Carlton, stop Pie favourite Daisy Thomas from swapping clubs? Etc etc

I’d go further, I’d like to see the two WA clubs (and similarly for the two SA, the two NSW and the two Qld clubs) almost colluding with each other to thwart the vAFL. Of course straight up ‘colluding’ would be a breach of vAFL rules wouldn’t it? 😊

We got totally reamed.

Nissey wanted to save some money, the prospect of his personal scrooge mcduck vault pool shrinking bellow the 100 million mark truly put the fear of god into him. And besides, "Willie should of played for us for free after all we did for him" ™

unnamed.gif
Pictured: Trevor Nisbett almost hits head on bottom of his office lap pool after covid19 wrecks havoc on the football economy.

Really like this from Waterman. And also like that for some reason the article isn’t stuck behind a paywall

Especially like this paragraph

“I know we just got smashed, but games like that solidify in my mind that I want to be part of the change and I want to come out of the other side. I want to be playing when we’re starting to win games of footy again and becoming more of a great club like we should be.”

For the record I think Waterman will be a one club player but it's worth noting Barrass said similar words over the past year or two and now it looks like his bags have been packed for weeks.

If you find the 2022 version of this thread I (and a fair few others) were all in on drafting the Poo. I like Ginbey but feel we made a real mistake going the wa boy.

Hope there’s no wa boys we reach for this year. Just take the best available no matter where they come from
Based on what? Ginbey has been much better in a worse team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back