List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find the 2022 version of this thread I (and a fair few others) were all in on drafting the Poo. I like Ginbey but feel we made a real mistake going the wa boy.

Hope there’s no wa boys we reach for this year. Just take the best available no matter where they come from
What! Yeh nah. Ginbey is doing just fine. Poo hasn't shown anything as a midfielder and was sent back to the VFL for 10 weeks. Far out peoples expectations need to be checked. These guys are 19/20. Chad Warner was a nobody for the first 3 yrs of his career.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Umm Barrass wants bit more please

Rather we up our offers :moneybag::moneybag: to Peatilng and ramp up an offer to Perryman :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:.

Barrass I am happy to let him walk in a trade to another Club, shits me when players and their mangers go behind their Club back, when they are "IN" contract for more than one year, seeking out better deals with opposition Clubs, in TB's case, now having done so two years in a row now.

Not happy with the current contract ..... blame your manager and stop trying to hold the Club to ransom.

Yes TB is an elite intercept mark, but as a one on one defender, he is bog average.

Will his departure hurt us?
Yes in the short term, however, draft well with the trade capital we get trading him and long term we are much better placed.

Bottom line TB wont be a part of our next Premiership tilt, BUT the player/players that we draft by trading him may be.

We are in a serious rebuild so the priority is on the future success and strength of our list, even at the expense of the here and now.

I am not suggesting that we trade out all our older players BUT those who are getting greedy and exploring their options elsewhere, then absolutely cash in - retool, reboot and rebuild.

Last edited:
It was a mistake to re-sign yeo for 3 years then.
No not at all. Its a mistake to expect he will have the physical capacity to play inside mid for that entire time. His leadership and mentoring for the young kids coming through is what we have payed him for. I know everyone is seduced by Yeo going in the middle all year but the reality is he is good for half a year. Ideally, he should be down back where he won all Australian nod, but we don't have anyone else give him a rest.

Hutchinson isnt and never was a tall forward. I dont know why people think this.
Incorrect. Look up any media reports from when he was drafted and it was as a forward. Whether you consider 190cm tall is a matter of semantics. 1cm shorter than Darling and Waterman who are classed as talls. The club website referred to him as a “mobile mid-sized forward” when he was recruited.

Bailey Williams isn’t a forward and we need a ruck to replace him because he’s not a ruck either.
Said this adnauseam on here a couple of months ago, and kept being told he's an athletic freak being played out of position and worth a second round pick if traded to a Vic team.

If we don't want Bailey Willaims, Who ****ing does?
Yes.

Said this adnauseam on here a couple of months ago, and kept being told he's an athletic freak being played out of position and worth a second round pick if traded to a Vic team.

Yes.
I can't imagine anyone trading anything higher than a late 3rd rounder for him, and even that's stretching the friendship.
I think you'll find the people defending him were the type to join the plane choir and back Simpson in to coach next year

Incorrect. Look up any media reports from when he was drafted and it was as a forward. Whether you consider 190cm tall is a matter of semantics. 1cm shorter than Darling and Waterman who are classed as talls. The club website referred to him as a “mobile mid-sized forward” when he was recruited.

Doesn’t the club’s description of him as a mid-sized forward go against your argument that he’s a tall forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots on here talking about getting a ruckman, yes it would be better if we had a quality one but it’s not a priority.
We need midfielders, ball movers. And lots of them.
There is nothing else that matters than building a midfield right now.
You can’t solve everything in one draft so you need to prioritise. Ruckman is not a priority. Midfielders/ball movers are the only priority.

Last edited:
What! Yeh nah. Ginbey is doing just fine. Poo hasn't shown anything as a midfielder and was sent back to the VFL for 10 weeks. Far out peoples expectations need to be checked. These guys are 19/20. Chad Warner was a nobody for the first 3 yrs of his career.

Poo has shown a lot in his last four games when Lyon finally played him in the middle. Despite missing games around those four due to injury he’s had 20+ touches, 1 goal per game, nearly 5 clearances a game. He’s a gun.

And from memory he was the youngest in his draft class with a late December birthday

Edit: also want to point out I get more wrong than right in drafting preferences as I don’t follow the kids but poo was one saw enough of to love

Hutchinson isnt and never was tall. I dont know why people think this.

Doesn’t the club’s description of him as a mid-sized forward go against your argument that he’s a tall forward?
Fixed the initial statement for you Miguel Sanchez. Keep tackling the big issues ✊🏽

Note for all posters, the line for a player to be described as tall is now set at 190.5cm. Be careful, the height police are out in force…

Hutchinson is 1cm taller than darling and same size as waterman who are classed as a tall forwards 🤷‍♂️

Ginbey is 191cm, and is a defender. How many people call him a KPD?

All they've drafted is HFF/mids for the past 4 years and they just picked up Duursma last year.

Picking up yet another of the exact same type of player is probably exactly what I expect them to do, because it's dumb as shit.
FOS is different to what they have. Completely different to Duursma as well.

We will see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back