List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick Hind DFA? Very surprised Essendon just cut him outright. Too old for us and wouldn’t move just for WAFL footy, but he’ll surely go again somewhere and we could absolutely do worse to keep some pressure on the Duggan/Hunt types.

Good, I didn't write if for you just responding to your dumb ass trolling cause I felt like expanding the point. Maybe people interested in discussing trade and draft prospects will weigh in on how it's a terrible idea. You can go onto my block list with Miguel for posting the most cringe of all cringe responses, "aint responding, sorry, happy for you" my god unbearable levels of pathetic.

Nick Hind DFA? Very surprised Essendon just cut him outright. Too old for us and wouldn’t move just for WAFL footy, but he’ll surely go again somewhere and we could absolutely do worse to keep some pressure on the Duggan/Hunt types.
Wow, can't believe it, Robbo thought he was so good that him, Guelfi and Essendon's second would be overs for Allen, just last year...

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

The way Lalor moves he reminds me of De Goey a bit.

They aren’t walking Baker to the PSD, get real.

Our Recruitment Manager literally worked for Richmond less than a year ago, he was there for many years. Unless there is actual bad blood there (which has never been implied) expect a friendly relationship between the 2 clubs.
If Baker formally makes the request to come back to WA then he is an uncontracted free agent and WC knows status quo is no longer applicable . Hence unless we get good trade value for Barrass and shop our Ryan. West Coast are not giving up pick 23 in any universe if we are only left with pick 3 and 59

Why is swapping this years pick 3 for next years pick 1 terrible? People are hella invested in this years top 5. Would you have done this trade at the end of 2022?
We don't know it will be pick 1. We could just as easily be swapping pick 3 for pick 3 or worse which is just silly

You can go onto my block list with Miguel for posting the most cringe of all cringe responses, "aint responding, sorry, happy for you" my god unbearable levels of pathetic.

If I had a dollar for every time someone put me on ignore for persistently correcting their bullshit claims …

I’d probably have about six dollars. But it’s still happened a bit.

Good, I didn't write if for you just responding to your dumb ass trolling cause I felt like expanding the point. Maybe people interested in discussing trade and draft prospects will weigh in on how it's a terrible idea. You can go onto my block list with Miguel for posting the most cringe of all cringe responses, "aint responding, sorry, happy for you" my god unbearable levels of pathetic.
If you keep responding in jest to my outlandish suggestions I'm going to put you on block. Or you could stop making outlandish suggestions.

Pick 3 this year could be anything. It could even be pick 3. Next year.

We don't know it will be pick 1. We could just as easily be swapping pick 3 for pick 3 or worse which is just silly

Yeah, maybe at worst it is pick 3. But it could be pick 1 or 2. And there is some chance if it's not pick 1 that means we might of beaten them to the spoon so that's fine. Very low risk of backfiring against a team that finished last and retiring 3 premiership players, selling their best player, selling their probably 2024 club champ and selling to us multiple best 22 players. Just how badly would things have to go for us or North, or any club that finished Adelaide or above, to finish bellow Richmond next year? And the OP was talking about Sharp being a clear #1 prospect in the mould of Harley Reid.

If we take 5 kids in the draft this year and 5 next year, by 2030 does it really matter if we take pick 3 this year of 2 pick in the top 5 next year? It depends entirely on who you drafted not where or when you drafted them. And as I said, good luck to any 18 year old being starting midfield next year competing for a spot with Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Graham [who we are trading in to play defensive mid it seems] and either of Baker or Duggan. Oh and there's a kid by the name of Hewitt wanting into that mix as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard strong indication today that tigers will take FOS at 1.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have read suggestions that the Tigers will target our pick to get FOS and Jagga together, doesn’t sound like North are keen on Jagga. Wonder if we’d slide down to GC’s pick at 6 (for Rioli)? Would probably get 1 of the picks they get for Bolton/Baker on top?

If you keep responding in jest to my outlandish suggestions I'm going to put you on block. Or you could stop making outlandish suggestions.

Whats the difference, its either a like for like or an upgrade. How is it outlandish and worthy of cringe mocking, the thought had never occurred to me I was just responding to a poster wondering how we could get pick one next year- assuming there was considerable upside to doing so.

Whats the difference, its either a like for like or an upgrade. How is it outlandish and worthy of cringe mocking, the thought had never occurred to me I was just responding to a poster wondering how we could get pick one next year- assuming there was considerable upside to doing so.
It's not like for like or an upgrade. We miss 12 months of development. The pick could be higher than 3, you never know.

If I had a dollar for every time someone put me on ignore for persistently correcting their bullshit claims …

I’d probably have about six dollars. But it’s still happened a bit.

Make that 7 you jerk!

Yeah but we get to take ourselves out of the pointy end of the draft this year to pick up a 26yo midget and then get another top 5 in the most heavily compromised draft of all time...

Yeah, maybe at worst it is pick 1. But it could be pick 1 or 2. And there is some chance if it's not pick 1 that means we might of beaten them to the spoon so that's fine. Very low risk of backfiring against a team that finished last and retiring 3 premiership players, selling their best player, selling their probably 2024 club champ and selling to us multiple best 22 players. Just how badly would things have to go for us or North, or any club that finished Adelaide or above, to finish bellow Richmond next year? And the OP was talking about Sharp being a clear #1 prospect in the mould of Harley Reid.

If we take 5 kids in the draft this year and 5 next year, by 2030 does it really matter if we take pick 3 this year of 2 pick in the top 5 next year? It depends entirely on who you drafted not where or when you drafted them. And as I said, good luck to any 18 year old being starting midfield next year competing for a spot with Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Graham [who we are trading in to play defensive mid it seems] and either of Baker or Duggan. Oh and there's a kid by the name of Hewitt wanting into that mix as well.
Imo it's just kicking the can down the road, just get a gun 18 year old now instead of a similarly talented 18 year old in 12 months

Whats the difference, its either a like for like or an upgrade.
You're suggesting trading a known quantity that we get this year (and need now) for an unknown 12 months down the track.

Yes, Richmond are probably going to finish last next year.

The Cavs were also probably going to lose when they were down 3-1 to the Warriors, and Leicester were probably going to get relegated in 2016.

Its sport. Nothing is a certainty. I don't think pushing back our rebuild by 12 months holding out for something that 'might' be pick 1 is a good idea.

You're suggesting trading a known quantity that we get this year (and need now) for an unknown 12 months down the track.

Yes, Richmond are probably going to finish last next year.

The Cavs were also probably going to lose when they were down 3-1 to the Warriors, and Leicester were probably going to get relegated in 2016.

Its sport. Nothing is a certainty. I don't think pushing back our rebuild by 12 months holding out for something that 'might' be pick 1 is a good idea.
Does anyone even know who the projected pick 1 is next year(if not academy/ father son tied to begin with)?

If not, why would anyone even remotely entertain this though?

Bizarre take from old mate who's ignoring half the posters on this forum for taking the piss out of unhinged suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back