List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bring your raincoat.
Blown Away Rain GIF by The Weather Channel

Might be late on this but haven’t noticed it mentioned but reported on Fox On the couch that Petracca has asked for a trade in his yearly exit interview

I just don’t see how a trade is facilitated.

Melbourne will want the world (top 5 pick plus another in the 8-12 range would be minimum I would have thought). Or a seasoned player, but even with a key forward, are they bouncing into the 8 next year?

It would have to be picks, but I don’t see anyone coming at them with enough (other than Saints, but apparently Petracca wants to go to a big Melbourne club, so yeah not Saints).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really like this from Waterman. And also like that for some reason the article isn’t stuck behind a paywall

Especially like this paragraph

“I know we just got smashed, but games like that solidify in my mind that I want to be part of the change and I want to come out of the other side. I want to be playing when we’re starting to win games of footy again and becoming more of a great club like we should be.”

Captain please

Still can't believe it seems to be generally accepted that Dan Rioli is going to cost pick 6.

Then I realised it's the same club that paid Geelong a top 10 pick to take Jack Bowes and also paid pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Someone needs to take Gold Coast out the back and shoot it

I assume Barrass will officially request a trade tomorrow. I wonder when/if the priority pick gets requested?

Hawthorn have 12 & 30. Probably not a bad starting point for Barrass.
I expect they'll beat the dogs so that 12 won't be 12 for long
Then Cats at the G where they'd be an even chance, or Power in Adelaide where they wouldn't be favs

The reason why Dyson Sharps work so well is he's a defensive beast. From snippets Lalor isn't a defensive slouch (I could be wrong)

That's not an issue because Yeo is also similar to Harley Reid.

In an Ideal scenario we would have-
1. Dyson Sharp (Defensive beast who is brilliant on inside)
2. Harley Reid (Attacking beast)
3. Sid Draper (Outside outlet)

Players like Dyson Sharp and Lalor don't come around often. So pull the trigger.

Also while Lalor is temu Sharp. A temu Sharp is better then no Sharp. Since at the end of the day we need an elite inside player to really exploit Harley Reid getting tagged

However like I mentioned 100 times. I still would pick Sid Draper over everyone if given the chance
I reckon Tigers would be all over Sharp. If they lose Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Graham and heard some Vic clubs eyeing off Lynch, you can pretty lock them in for pick 1 next year.
He'd be perfect for their rebuild, never say never but we might need to think about next best player in next years draft.

I'm Draper over Lalor on talent and midfield mix, but if he wasn't there or we slid back a few spots I'd love Lalor.

View attachment 2092975

Saw this on the Richmond board screen grabbed from Footy Classified. I'll legit spew if we give up a pick in the teens for Baker...no bloody shot.

Vomit indeed.

L.Baker will be 27 next season. Barring something completely unexpected, he would be nearing retirement by the time the club starts moving back up into genuine contention. Under no circumstances should the club be giving up anything that could yield long-term value for a player that won't add to our next premiership push.

West Coast don't need L.Baker. Vic media can try to say otherwise as an attempt to drive up the price, but if he wants to leave with his contract ending, that's a problem for Richmond, not us.

Get Hawthorn to add their F3 to R1 + R2 for Barrass, and that becomes the offer for L.Baker.

If Flagmantle end up using their R2 or higher (lel) chasing him, then we've lost nothing and end up with less competition in procuring known local talent in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne will want the world (top 5 pick plus another in the 8-12 range would be minimum I would have thought). Or a seasoned player, but even with a key forward, are they bouncing into the 8 next year?

It would have to be picks, but I don’t see anyone coming at them with enough (other than Saints, but apparently Petracca wants to go to a big Melbourne club, so yeah not Saints).

I guess it comes down to how fractured the relationship is. I’m sure the Dee’s will put the olive branch out but if the relationship completely breaks they may be forced to do a trade.

Carlton could give two first rounders. Problem is Melbourne midfield is then gutted and they need ready made midfielders not 18 year olds.

Expect them to throw kitchen sink at a few seasoned mids.

Outside that, I suspect, they may target a big mid like smillie who can be fast tracked as that bigger inside bod.

May need to move up and we trade 3 for their 5 and 2nd because fos and jagga are gone.

Otherwise our 3 and 2nd pick for their 5 and carton’s first when petracca leaves mordor.

We trade future 2nd for one of Richmond’s bazillion 2nd round picks of similar value.

Leaves us with 5,11,12,25ish, 29ish for 3, barrass, 2nd, future 2nd.

Don’t check my maths.

I guess it comes down to how fractured the relationship is. I’m sure the Dee’s will put the olive branch out but if the relationship completely breaks they may be forced to do a trade.
I think the Demons don’t see the writing on the wall and are pulling an us. They could and should trade Trac, Lever and Max and pull in half a dozen 1R picks and reboot the list.

Still can't believe it seems to be generally accepted that Dan Rioli is going to cost pick 6.

Then I realised it's the same club that paid Geelong a top 10 pick to take Jack Bowes and also paid pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Someone needs to take Gold Coast out the back and shoot it
You're forgetting that it's straight up cheerleading from the Vic media, mostly Ralph and Caro, who are the 2 biggest Richmond nuffies.

The rest of them seem to think non-Vic clubs will simply hand over their top picks to Richmond for battlers simply because "Why not?"

Still, it is Gold Coast, so anything could happen.

We're trading #3 and #23 for Baker and Richmond's F1st apparently, because it's a 60% chance of getting us #1 next year, which is an amazing play, supposedly.

Who needs draftees this year anyway? Certainly not WCE!
The best one I've heard from them is that they concede that pick 3 is too much for Baker...

So our 2nd this year and next gets it done

The best one I've heard from them is that they concede that pick 3 is too much for Baker...

I'd only give up our second this year for Baker myself, considering it'll be low 20s anyway, which is a more than fair price.

I'd only give up our second this year for Baker myself, considering it'll be low 20s anyway, which is a more than fair price.

Dunno why we're all talking about Baker anyway, isn't he a midfielder? We can't possibly fit anymore midfielders in to this team! So choc full of midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back