List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

Something like 3 for 6 and 10, and then 23 for Baker?
I’d offer pick 3 and make sure Graham is pick 22 compo. Maybe offer a F3 to sweeten it when they say no.

Get Baker & pick 5 back. Keeping 23 would be a good result

Pick 5 (suns Rioli trade) is more than likely one of Lalor, Langford or Smillie.

Difference in band compo for Graham from pick 22 or pick 39 is significant if I’m correct on how the bands work.

Tigers I’d imagine are very interested in Jagga, FOS and the one no one tends to mention M.Reid.

He’s (Reid) had an outstanding year and I’m sure is high on some boards. It’s actually a Pitty that there’s rumours he doesn’t want to leave Melbourne because he would be a great fit for us.

Something tells me that Baker will choose Freo, he would have to be one hell of a eagles nuffie to want to come play for us with the state we are in.
Pretty sure Bolton was also an Eagles fan growing up, but seems like only Baker is set on playing for us due to that reason.
Perhaps Bolton doesn't mind where he goes as long as it's back to WA as long as the team has the picks to satisfy a trade.
Too bad for us TB is only moving for a bigger contract, which is something that doesn't seem to be questioned, while moving to your home state is pushed into becoming a bidding war at times.

Watching Freo bundle out of the finals with an injured Pearce, Draper and Cox both average in my opinion and Ryan as there third tall I’d be going hard at Barrass if I was the unwashed.

TB at Full back with Pearce at Centre half back and Cox as the third tall if required, Draper as depth.

Chances are probably very low we just don’t deal with them much. Plus it would be hard to watch TB in purple.

Barrass for 10 & 25

It will be better than the picks we get from the Hawks. If the dockers can’t afford him pitch in some salary and up the picks.

Eagles F2, Barrass plus part salary for 10,F1 & Knobel

To me the drop off of Walter’s has been significant over the last few years and Bolton fixes that and has already requested a trade.

Bolton for 9 & 17
Pearce and Barass wouldnbe deadly combo. Pearce great lockdown player and TB is AA calibre as it is but would be much better player if he was able to play like Gov

The HUN is so Vic biased. Jay Clark reporting that Collingwood would want pick 20 for Noble!!!

He and Ralph consistently do this with the bias 2 fold - get Vic clicks and to support their own teams

View attachment 2093675
Haha, lol.

Mid 30s to 40 more like it.

Pretty sure Bolton was also an Eagles fan growing up, but seems like only Baker is set on playing for us due to that reason.
Perhaps Bolton doesn't mind where he goes as long as it's back to WA as long as the team has the picks to satisfy a trade.
Too bad for us TB is only moving for a bigger contract, which is something that doesn't seem to be questioned, while moving to your home state is pushed into becoming a bidding war at times.
Players and their managers are pretty astute. They usually line up the bidding club to ensure that they have the trade currency before going public. It has far less to do with which WA club they supported growing up. (Yeo was a Dockers fan).

So Fremantle realistically are the only club in WA that have 2 x R1 picks to part with for Bolton who in my mind is worth 10 and the Port pick which would be late teens.

I suspect Baker is in the same boat but since his trade value is much lower, he will have a choice of clubs.

Tom looking at Sydney last year broadcast that it is $$ and he does not care about location. The performance of Lobb in defence has probably dampened Doggies desire to offer more for Tom and the other clubs in the window that need him probably do not have the trade currency. That said with Tom, like Bolton and Rioli, their clubs have a long term contract and can easily hold firm and say no.

Haha, lol.

Mid 30s to 40 more like it.
Suns are holding 26 (too soon), 34 (about right since contracted) and 47 (about right based on what value he brings).

I expect Noble will likely get them pick 34 but with one of the R3 picks Pies own going back to the Suns for points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond get 6 & 9 for Rioli / Bolton & WC get 12 for TB, this is how I see the top 12 unfolding

Note: I do think North may split or just blow up the top 10 by taking Trainor. 3-7 is hard to predict too, you could flip any of those guys around.

1. RIC - Smith
2. NM - O’Sullivan
3. WC - Draper
4. ADE - Lalor
5. MEL - Smillie
6. RIC - Langford
7. STK - Reid
8. ESS - Shanahan
9. RIC - Trainor
10. FRE - Allan
11. CAR - Berry
12. WC - Travaglia

If Richmond get 6 & 9 for Rioli / Bolton & WC get 12 for TB, this is how I see the top 12 unfolding

Note: I do think North may split or just blow up the top 10 by taking Trainor. 3-7 is hard to predict too, you could flip any of those guys around.

1. RIC - Smith
2. NM - O’Sullivan
3. WC - Draper
4. ADE - Lalor
5. MEL - Smillie
6. RIC - Langford
7. STK - Reid
8. ESS - Shanahan
9. RIC - Trainor
10. FRE - Allan
11. CAR - Berry
12. WC - Travaglia
A lot to play out just yet you’ve got the rich trades to go, north will look at sliding back to land KPP and Adelaide might look to leap frog us for Draper

A lot to play out just yet you’ve got the rich trades to go, north will look at sliding back to land KPP and Adelaide might look to leap frog us for Draper

Already factored in the Richmond trades with them landing pick 6 and 9, although they might land 10 as well.

Did note I think North will split

I’m not sure Adelaide are as desperate for Draper as fans think and they definitely won’t be giving up assets to move up when they want ANB and Lukosious.

Apparently, Petracca has a strong online brand associated with cooking videos he posts on TikTok and Instagram.

I mean, I know footballers should be encouraged to branch out and develop post-football career pathways. But posting cooking videos can be a future career?

Seriously?
You'd be very surprised then what you can make money on online. The most followed guy just pulls faces. Must be a zillionare

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Already factored in the Richmond trades with them landing pick 6 and 9, although they might land 10 as well.

Did note I think North will split

I’m not sure Adelaide are as desperate for Draper as fans think and they definitely won’t be giving up assets to move up when they want ANB and Lukosious.
Still a bit to play out I feel but good effort with the player rankings to 12 looks about right to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back