List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
With Waterman publicly stating his strong desire to remain at WCE does anyone think it’s a little odd that a deal hasn’t been done? I.e. that WCE are open to a trade for the right price?

Also was passed a bit of info. Apparently Ryan’s manager has/is actively gauging interest from the QLD teams and possibly Freo. If a team is keen on him for a good trade it’s a no brainer and he would be a good fit at Freo or the Suns in particular.

Where we are at, a Ryan type isn’t a priority. Bit of a cult figure and Freo will have issues with smalls if switkowski asks for a trade.

Why are people talking like Peatling and Dev are done deals? It's far more likely we won't get either than we will imo.
I'm sure there'd be a few suitors for Peatling, but if we want Dev, surely we just get him. A year on the outer at Brisbane has let him him know where he stands with them, a shuffling of third or fourth round picks is all that would be needed. Probably the easiest trade in history.

If the club takes DGB as part of the barrass I'll ****in scream. Wait for him to be delisted and rookie him. Clubs needs to have some balls here.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is all this Grainger-Barras talk coming from somewhere other than a Richmond troll on the D&T board pretending to be “in the know”?

And after not trading him how do you propose to motivate Tom?.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If money and contract length were equal, I'm convinced that TB would stay at the Eagles. Everything he has said this year screams 'I want to be an eagle but I also want job security and to be paid what I am worth'.

TB is looking after himself, but he's professional.

I'm sure there'd be a few suitors for Peatling, but if we want Dev, surely we just get him. A year on the outer at Brisbane has let him him know where he stands with them, a shuffling of third or fourth round picks is all that would be needed. Probably the easiest trade in history.
Sure, but Dev was pretty much on the outer last year as well and he re-signed. Blind Freddy could see he wasn't going to get a run with Brisbane this season and he still chose them. Not sure he even wants to come to us

If the club takes DGB as part of the barrass I'll ****in scream. Wait for him to be delisted and rookie him. Clubs needs to have some balls here.

We might as well just keep Jamieson or persist next season with barnett down back.
Can't see any benefit in picking up DGB.
unless it's as a train on and he kills it

Play him in the WAFL if he’s not playing to standard or don’t pay him if he’s not fulfilling the requirements of his contract.

I’m beginning to see him as a mercenary but I think he is a professional.
Nah just can't see us not trading him, even if its to another club

Sure, but Dev was pretty much on the outer last year as well and he re-signed. Blind Freddy could see he wasn't going to get a run with Brisbane this season and he still chose them. Not sure he even wants to come to us
I mean, he was fringe, but he had also just played in a grand final. He was backing himself to go from fringe to regular, which is a great attitude, but instead he's just been pushed further down the pecking order. I imagine he just wants to play football, so we would be more attractive now.

With Waterman publicly stating his strong desire to remain at WCE does anyone think it’s a little odd that a deal hasn’t been done? I.e. that WCE are open to a trade for the right price?

Also was passed a bit of info. Apparently Ryan’s manager has/is actively gauging interest from the QLD teams and possibly Freo. If a team is keen on him for a good trade it’s a no brainer and he would be a good fit at Freo or the Suns in particular.

Is it the insurance policy IF the Barrass trade fails.

A pick in the mid 20s for Ryan would be about right and perfect in this draft.

However, Gold coast has 26 34 46. But 26 is already linked to noble. So crows will have to give their second as part of the lekocus trade. Pick 25.

But if that falls through 34 and 46 might also do it, and allow us to pass those on for the likes of peatling, Garcia, Carrol, and the nameless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t be turbo charging a rebuild with pick 14 or 15 on its own.

We are in the strong position ie he is contracted and yet you are presenting us as the supplicant, needy party.

Yes, we would like some more draft capital but that doesn’t mean we undersell one of our elite players.
Ok so what was reported (and posted a lot on here) was that this year's first rounder will be involved. The word involved seems to indicate that it won't be a lone pick involved.
Now what that other pick/picks are we don't know but at this stage if it's a 2nd rounder this year in a draft this deep its still extremely valuable. And if it's a late first or even.a 2nd next year with a f/s and academy kids available to us the more picks the better

I played with his father in a NT University rep side. We won the gold medal too at the University games held up here in Darwin.

He was a very good half-back flanker. Nice bloke too. :thumbsu:

Get on the phone.

Parfitts AFL numbers (when not sub) are very good

Never understood why he doesn't get more regular games

According to the Cats site Parfitt is fighting for that inside defensive mid spot against Atkins. Who has been mentioned as a future captain / vice captain.

Good player keeping him out of the midfield. Previously Atkins played in defense.

Gettable-

-Wce big on peatling (gws only have 2 yr deal in front of him) a lot of interest from other clubs also
-Wce could be interested in dgb
  • Lindsay did a pcl (barass pick range)
  • baker/Graham waiting on who wce coach is
  • Graham has 4 year deal from wce in front of him wtf

Is it the insurance policy IF the Barrass trade fails.

A pick in the mid 20s for Ryan would be about right and perfect in this draft.

However, Gold coast has 26 34 46. But 26 is already linked to noble. So crows will have to give their second as part of the lekocus trade. Pick 25.

But if that falls through 34 and 46 might also do it, and allow us to pass those on for the likes of peatling, Garcia, Carrol, and the nameless.

If a guy like Noble is getting pick 26 from GC, or Rioli getting pick 6, we can definitely ask and expect pick 20 + something for Ryan from them

I mean, he was fringe, but he had also just played in a grand final. He was backing himself to go from fringe to regular, which is a great attitude, but instead he's just been pushed further down the pecking order. I imagine he just wants to play football, so we would be more attractive now.

The wrist injury late in the preseason did help him. Took a while to start playing in the 2nds but now is back to racking it up.

You are presenting classic arguments for getting bent over.

Something this club has done for along time.

That’s right we just Focus on the strong points of selling Tom let Hawks decide how much value he adds to Winning the Hawks a Premiership..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back