List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gettable-

-Wce big on peatling (gws only have 2 yr deal in front of him) a lot of interest from other clubs also
-Wce could be interested in dgb
  • Lindsay did a pcl (barass pick range)
  • baker/Graham waiting on who wce coach is
  • Graham has 4 year deal from wce in front of him wtf

DGB did hurt a knee early in the season or pre-season so this season has been a right off , although not an ACL. In a new environment might get back to form .

If a guy like Noble is getting pick 26 from GC, or Rioli getting pick 6, we can definitely ask and expect pick 20 + something for Ryan from them

Games played durability over the last few years would be a talking point..We can ask and fight for best value though ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

so Gettable was pretty vanilla.
-Xavier Lindsay has done his PCL. Think that’s enough for him to be available at 12 (if Hawks lose) if Travaglia is gone. 100% my second preference with that pick he’s exactly what we need.

-DGB mention was purely speculation, absolutely nothing to indicate he’d be part of a trade other than RB pondering it.

Parfitts AFL numbers (when not sub) are very good

Never understood why he doesn't get more regular games

Slow footed, disposal is meh.
Never a question of toughness or tackle ability but we've already got Atkins, Blicavs, Bowes and Jhye Clark who play as a defensive mid. Already have Danger, Bruhn and Holmes to play as attacking mids and Cuthrie hasn't played in nearly two years as an accumulator role.

Not to mention bringing in Bailey Smith to take over that attacking mid role. Writing was on the wall.

Just got squeezed out by better talent. Think he could thrive with more opportunity.
He's a battler

Slow footed, disposal is meh.
Never a question of toughness or tackle ability but we've already got Atkins, Blicavs, Bowes and Jhye Clark who play as a defensive mid. Already have Danger, Bruhn and Holmes to play as attacking mids and Cuthrie hasn't played in nearly two years as an accumulator role.

Not to mention bringing in Bailey Smith to take over that attacking mid role. Writing was on the wall.

Just got squeezed out by better talent. Think he could thrive with more opportunity.
He's a battler
Thanks for the insight, always good to see what fans think of their players that might be traded to us.

Speaking of which, Bailey Williams would be a great fit for you lot. Definitely worth a first rd pick or two. Would be as absolute bargain.

DGB did hurt a knee early in the season or pre-season so this season has been a right off , although not an ACL. In a new environment might get back to form .

Back to form?

Jack Graham is a strange pickup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club takes DGB as part of the barrass I'll ****in scream. Wait for him to be delisted and rookie him. Clubs needs to have some balls here.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's out of contract, injury prone and hasn't translated his game. Rookie would be a preference.

Definitely worth looking at Parfitt, but there’s a limit to the number of recycled players we can add.

This

We’re likely to delist most, if not all, of Rotham, Witherden, Jones, L Edwards and Trew who are all in that 22-26 age bracket that we’re light on for because they’re all fringe players at best

If we simply replace them with a different group of fringe players in the same age group we aren’t really progressing the list all that much

Setting aside trade cost for a moment Baker is better than that group. So is Graham and Peatling. Probably Garcia too although I think he’s more likely to stay at the Bulldogs

The other names being floated like Parfitt (who I don’t mind), Sheldrick, Carroll and Robertson are all outside their current teams best 22. In some cases, they’re probably outside the best 28-30

So bringing more than 1 or 2 of those is the sort of thing Essendon and St Kilda have done that’s got them nowhere beyond mid table

The trade period for us is shaping as our most active in a very long time

Really interested to see how it pans out

So is dbg an upgrade to harry Edwards/bazzo?
How down are you on those 2? I don't much rate Bazzo, he's neither a W.Schofield type attacking third tall, nor has he put on the size to match the genuine tall forwards of today.

Sounds like Parfitt hasn’t been offered a new contract at Cats. As an unrestricted free agent that costs nothing, he may be worth a chat too.

If it allowed us another delisting it could make it worthwhile. Lift the bottom end of our list slightly?

Definitely worth looking at Parfitt, but there’s a limit to the number of recycled players we can add.

There is, but that limit is probably 4, maybe 5.

And I doubt we get that many.

If we landed all of Parfitt, Graham, Baker, Peatling and another ruck (let’s say Soldo but could be a Knobel or others) we would be doing well. And whilst losing Barrass, we likely/certainly improve our draft hand at the same time.

With 10 list changes (estimated) it still leaves us 4 picks in the draft/s.

Likelihood is we don’t get all 5, but if we can we should!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we landed all of Parfitt, Graham, Baker, Peatling and another ruck (let’s say Soldo but could be a Knobel or others) we would be doing well. And whilst losing Barrass, we likely/certainly improve our draft hand at the same time.

sure, but it becomes a problem if these guys are all on lengthy contracts like graham has been rumored to been offered.

ideally guys like Parfitt are on a 1 yr deal.

That’s too many.

Unless some of them are coming in as SSP’s, they’ll take senior list spots, which means less ND picks.

If we’re making 10 list changes then three or four of them (at least) will be guys coming off the rookie list - Baker, Trew, Culley, Rawlinson are the most likely.

Bringing in four recycled players onto the senior list would mean we’d only have two or, at most, three ND picks.

In a supposedly deep draft, for a supposedly rebuilding team, that’s nowhere near enough.

How down are you on those 2? I don't much rate Bazzo, he's neither a W.Schofield type attacking third tall, nor has he put on the size to match the genuine tall forwards of today.

If it allowed us another delisting it could make it worthwhile. Lift the bottom end of our list slightly?
Bazzo IMO has just missed too much development. Big year for him.

Don’t mind Parfitt as midfield depth provided we’re not offering a stupid 4 year contract. 2 years plus a games trigger for a 3rd.

What I hope we're doing is looking at teams likely to have a cap squeeze in the next couple of years and offering to take on someone's salary for late picks.
Let's us use some of our free cap space and could potentially get us a better player/s than the offcasts that keep being brought up.
GCS, Carlton and GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back