List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
But they didn’t reneg. The they did offer him a raise, didn’t they? Assumption is they discussed how much of a raise it needs to be and then they lowballed.

We went shopping and found a club that offers more and wanted it met. Every player that chooses to leave will find more money offered elsewhere.

He is chasing money and that’s it. Fair enough he wants that but don’t blame the club. Club is honouring the contract he signed.
key word is assumption - we don't know.

With the news Kossy Pickett might be asking for a trade from the Dees too, meaning theres another candidate for the spoon that we should be above, trading our F1 become more attractive?
It might get valued at pick 2 areas with people expecting North to jump ahead of us, we could conceivably escape the bottom 4 with a bottom 2 finish being unlikely

The more advanced Schoey gets in his media career the more I believe him to be a salty campaigner who cant get over the fact that he was never a B22 lock down back.

I doubt he knows sh*t these days with all the badmouthing he has done about the club.
The club has earned every bit of criticism mate. We have been an old boys koombaya club which has got us in this shit show

The club has earned every bit of criticism mate. We have been an old boys koombaya club which has got us in this shit show
Yeah agree - we've been putrid for 3 seasons and disappointing for 2 seasons before that, hard to be anything but critical.

He highlights the good bits and spends more time than most talking about WCE. Not sure what more we can ask for right now.

I'm sure he'll be more positive once the worm turns and we rise back up the ladder.

Went through the trade history from last season to 2019 to find what a player of L.Bakers calibre to be worth, here's the list I thought are a good gauge for liam using age/position/ability for med/small utility

D.butler pick 56
J.Steven pick 58
L.hunter 3rd round pick
B.Acres 3rd round pick
J.Harmes 3rd round pick

Remove the 2 premiership tag from baker and the 2nd round pick(30) we get from Barass seems fair

Barrass is a good player but was ruined by Simmo who allowed him to play freakin full back as an unaccountable defender with a license to fly for everything. Even that would be fine (because he's a gun at it) except McGovern does it as well and is probably the best ever at it. It amounted to a decade without a lockdown key defender.

Barrass is a good player but was ruined by Simmo who allowed him to play freakin full back as an unaccountable defender with a license to fly for everything. Even that would be fine (because he's a gun at it) except McGovern does that and is probably the best ever at it. It amounted to a decade without a lockdown key defender.
He won a flag, a B+F, and made the AA squad as a fullback on a bottom two side. I’ll take that as a ruined career any day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we needed someone for 1 year then maybe, may as well chase graham who can be a leader around the club for 5 more years while we are stacked with young players
We all know that Graham will be injured half the time.
Wasting a midfield slot on a Graham in a bottom four side that could be given to youth just makes zero sense. What are we genuinely trying to achieve? We will have so much talent on the list to play through the middle next year and we want to use a mediocre 27 year old in their instead?
No we won't. And that's the issue that keeps list cloggers playing 10+ games a season.

At selection you can still pick who you want but you'd rather have an environment where you have selection choices rather than nothing.

But they didn’t reneg. The they did offer him a raise, didn’t they? Assumption is they discussed how much of a raise it needs to be and then they lowballed.

We went shopping and found a club that offers more and wanted it met. Every player that chooses to leave will find more money offered elsewhere.

He is chasing money and that’s it. Fair enough he wants that but don’t blame the club. Club is honouring the contract he signed.

Would be nice if clubs could renegotiate underperforming players contracts….. until that happens, I have no sympathy for players whining that they are now worth more than they signed on for.

The more advanced Schoey gets in his media career the more I believe him to be a salty campaigner who cant get over the fact that he was never a B22 lock down back.

I doubt he knows sh*t these days with all the badmouthing he has done about the club.

I dunno, taking off the WC hat for a second I'd much rather an upcoming ex-player media addition be willing to be harsh on their former club as opposed to your Gary Lyons who will unashamedly rag every club bar their own.

He's probably finding his feet on the balance of it all, sure, and is definitely leaning one way on the Barrass stuff, but also we've been incredibly shit the last few years and deserve criticism generally - I hope the club and players do hear it and get annoyed by it.

Daydreaming....

Tigers 6 for rioli.

Tigers 9 17 for Bolton

Eagles 12 F2 for barrass
Eagles 13 34 for Ryan and 23 (suns)

Eagles split 3 and give Hawks F2 into 6 17 baker

F2 for peatling and F4 GWS

GWS F4 for dev

Eagles draft hand
6 12 13 17 34 59

In
Graham defensive mid
Baker utility
Dev inside mid
Peatling inside mid.

Still retain
F1 F3 F4

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Us getting Graham reminds me of when Adelaide got Sam Gibson From North Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think it has anything to do with winning or losing. Listening to his recent Pod on Dyl and friend and how he thought a the premiership would change everything and didn’t, don’t think he is doing this to chase a flag.

Went on about how he is about ethics ect. The going back on a deal might have played a bigger part and also getting what he thinks he is worth.
I have no knowledge of the details of Barrass’ contract situation. But normally it would be the ethical thing to stick to the details agreed upon not go back on things.

If there was some discount because of Covid you would think a ‘catch up clause’ would have been written in it.

From reported comments reputedly made by Barrass it sounds like playing football was just a way of earning money to him.

Doesn’t sound like he was happy with his earnings for a long period with approaches to Sydney having taken place over a number of years.

I have no knowledge of the details of Barrass’ contract situation. But normally it would be the ethical thing to stick to the details agreed upon not go back on things.

If there was some discount because of Covid you would think a ‘catch up clause’ would have been written in it.

From reported comments reputedly made by Barrass it sounds like playing football was just a way of earning money to him.

Doesn’t sound like he was happy with his earnings for a long period with approaches to Sydney having taken place over a number of years.
More likely there was no agreement at all. The contract was the contract. Barrass just doesn't like it now as defenders are now going at a premium. Although it works out in West coast's favour as he is nearing the end and yeo was signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back