List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had an employer go back on their word?

It bloody stings and gets messy quick when it effects your family

Eagles doing the right thing but sometimes there carnage
Had that happen to me earlier this year.
My boss was going to reward me for my exceptional billings over the past two years by giving me a raise to the very low-end of what was reasonable for my experience and demonstrated output, but then retracted it for a couple of reasons, the biggest being that I had too much accumulated annual and long-service leave (because nobody could cover my role) and he wanted to pay me out my many months of leave at my previous income level before increasing my salary, and he wanted the rest of the year to do it. I had worked for him and propped up his business for 8 years. My wife told me to quit on the spot.

It was extremely messy but two months later I've got a new employer who didn't blink at paying me more than my previous boss baulked at. Suffice to say it really stung when my previous employer firstly advised me in my review that I was going to get a raise and then retracted it for his own benefit (which would've been such a small amount to him in the grand scheme of his business). But I've no doubt that he will paint me out to be a bad employee and a toxic person and it was beneficial that he got rid of me from his business. Oh well, you can't control the message.

I'm absolutely amazed there are other clubs seriously considering Josh Rotham at this stage in his career. An undersized key defender who is scared of footsteps. Has athletic traits but he doesn't use them in games. He's a neat kick without the mental game to pull it off. Can mark a contested ball but consistently misreads the flight. He peaked in his second year on a list and has regressed slowly ever since.

Imagine the sheer arrogance to look at this package and think there's scope to turn the truck around

No matter which d-grade spud we pick up from other teams this year, it can't be a poorer list management decision than the one made by whichever team poaches Josh Rotham from us.

Man I can't stand Eddie McGuire.
He thinks he knows everything and won't ever contemplate that he is wrong.
In the last 15 minutes alone:
  • Puts up video of Barrass mid-season dismissing trade rumours, describes it as footage from when he signed a long contract extension recently
  • Claims AFL players are back playing one week after suffering injuries that would put most people out of work for 12 months. Ha ha ha AFL players aren't special Ed, everyday people actually have some resliance and can work through difficulties.
  • Claims that "as they forecast at the start of the year, drugs in sport have been the number 1 talking point this season". Ummmm, no Ed, it's barely reared its head this season

And every week at the start of the show he opens with "It's been a big week in football". Thinks others give a fck that he used to say this at the start of every Footy Show. Just shows how self important he is.

Trew just has to he delisted. How can this guy keep getting extensions. At best he's the worst player on the list.
I agree. I don't understand why we have to hang onto every player who has only shown a glimmer of being up to the level. It's like its a court case and we have to see overwhelming evidence beyond doubt that they're not good enough.
delist and move on. We won't be missing out. The absolute best he can be is not very good at all. Nobody else will go for him - which should tell us all we need to know.
We need to be more clinical, like other clubs. I mean if Geelong are willing to let Parfitt go, who is actually an AFL standard player....

Bit surprised to see people calling for Rawlinson to be cut - take it he’s not developing well? Thought he showed a bit of potential in his one senior cameo, and we could always use small forwards

He looks fine in the WAFL but I don’t really see an AFL standard footballer. We’ve also got Champion coming in, Long coming back, Hewett coming back who’ll play half forward sometimes and then next year we have Wes Walley too as an NGA guy.

Fine with keeping him for one more year and seeing if he can take a big leap though.

The more advanced Schoey gets in his media career the more I believe him to be a salty campaigner who cant get over the fact that he was never a B22 lock down back.

I doubt he knows sh*t these days with all the badmouthing he has done about the club.
They sell their soul when they join media . Look at Suma and Jacko .

Bit surprised to see people calling for Rawlinson to be cut - take it he’s not developing well? Thought he showed a bit of potential in his one senior cameo, and we could always use small forwards
My issue is Malaki Champion isnt even at the club and he has already taken his spot... Think Rawlinson was just a bad move all up. Small forwards isnt a need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fremantle grab both Bolton and Pickett it 100% puts them out of any Chad Warner race. Id be happy go with a 6 year 10 mill offer to the guy and give up our 1st rounder next year (fricken hope its not a top 3 pick)

I can assure you you’re not the only one among those working in those markets.
Yeah I know that. Generally speaking we are all going to be on our computers alot reading and watching things happen as well as me who listens to a TON of radio (multiple channels at once kinda thing) . My last month has been deplorable compared to what it should be so I got that going on

I just dont understand all the hate on Trew? If Chesser or any other high draft pick showed what Trew has in limited games this year, people would be talking them up big time!
Ducks head and runs
They both average around the same stats and nobody is talking Chesser up.

The Worst reporting..

"The West Australian can reveal midfielder Jai Culley is in talks to sign a one-year deal after recovering from a ruptured ACL last year to play three games in 2024.

Next Generation Academy ruckman Coen Livingstone is understood have signed a one-year extension, while rookie Loch Rawlinson is also likely to remain at the club in 2025."

"....rookie midfielder Zane Trew, defenders Alex Witherden and Josh Rotham as well as speedster Jamaine Jones are all yet to be told if they will remain at the club next year."

"The West Australian understands Rotham’s camp is in conversations with other clubs who have shown interest in the unrestricted free agent."
I'm prepared to give Tom Barrass to the Hawks for a second rounder and we pay half his contract if they offer Rotham a million a year so we get the McKay band 1 comp and get pick 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back