List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks fine in the WAFL but I don’t really see an AFL standard footballer. We’ve also got Champion coming in, Long coming back, Hewett coming back who’ll play half forward sometimes and then next year we have Wes Walley too as an NGA guy.

Fine with keeping him for one more year and seeing if he can take a big leap though.

And for these reasons I struggle to see a need for us to chase GC Rosa (as an example of someone who has been encouraged to look elsewhere)

We have bigger holes to fill.

Not in favour of casting a net - rather we target fished for needs. Just got to work out which of our many needs is our greatest.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

And for these reasons I struggle to see a need for us to chase GC Rosa (as an example of someone who has been encouraged to look elsewhere)

We have bigger holes to fill.

Not in favour of casting a net - rather we target fished for needs. Just got to work out which of our many needs is our greatest.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pies chasing Davies at the Suns.

That's who we should be chasing. Not Rosa's. I met his younger brother who was playing footy with my son. Look very similar.

I can assure you you’re not the only one among those working in those markets.

Anyone can be a day trader.

TBH it's an unethical way to earn a living IMO. You aren't actuallyproducing or contributing anything to society and the economy. Just skimming and taking risks on daily fluctuations in the market.

TBH it's an unethical way to earn a living IMO. You aren't actuallyproducing or contributing anything to society and the economy. Just skimming and taking risks on daily fluctuations in the market.
What's 'unethical' about it exactly?

It's a learned skill that takes years to become profitable.

I used to work a real job but just lost passion or desire during COVID lockdowns to keep doing it to be honest.

I get what you are saying. Im not really contributing a ton to society, but disagree on it being unethical. Im way too far away from influencing the machine to be involved in the ethical nature of it. Its no different to you driving in a car to go to work and me saying you are unethical for contributing to pollution moreso then me who stays at home and drives less which isnt really true or fair

A persons life also is more nuanced then what they do at a job. If im unethical in work, I 100% make up for it outside of it so in that sense im content with my path

Band 2 and 3 are for all intents and purposes the same pick for the Tigers so if the contract is band 4 the we then start worrying.

If Schofield is not appointed I think it’s less likely Baker comes and Ryan stays.

Ryan and Schofield get along well is my understanding.

Got a suspision Ryan will be at Gold Coast next year. He would be a good get and very marketable in Qld. Get a few more buns on seats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan and Schofield get along well is my understanding.

Got a suspision Ryan will be at Gold Coast next year. He would be a good get and very marketable in Qld. Get a few more buns on seats.
Any trade to the Gold coast we need to be getting overs, if richmond can get pick 6 and change for Rioli we should be getting a pick in the teens at mininum.

What do you actually contribute to society?

Nothing.

No goods.

No services.

Just being clever skimming off shares or index's going up and down.
You contribute money to create goods and services. If I purchase shares via a capital raise that is to use my money to create a good or service so thats the aspect of that

I dont think its enough to really brag about but it is grander then the Nothing you suggest

Meh, overrated trait to be honest. How many times have we called for natural footballers? It's playing footy not training for the next Olympics.
Not really. If a player doesn't have the athletic ability to cover the ground with pace, they are going to struggle at AFL level in this day and age.

What do you actually contribute to society?

Nothing.

No goods.

No services.

Just being clever skimming off shares or index's going up and down.
By that logic, never invest money into anything.

Also don't drink alcohol either, that has a net negative effect on society.

Don't do anything legal that could potentially make you money because you're being greedy.

Come on mate, there's nothing unethical about day trading.

If you'd brought up gambling in the other hand, then I fully agree.

Pretty insane if true

Barass pick can go to Kosi I suppose?

That’s what I was thinking it’d take

He’s still only 23 so worth a look

Better option than Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back