List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
By that logic, never invest money into anything.

Also don't drink alcohol either, that has a net negative effect on society.

Don't do anything legal that could potentially make you money because you're being greedy.

Come on mate, there's nothing unethical about day trading.

If you'd brought up gambling in the other hand, then I fully agree.
100% this. In saying that I definetly dont contribute as much as doctor or nurse to society but i never said I do either in that sense

By that logic, never invest money into anything.

Also don't drink alcohol either, that has a net negative effect on society.

Don't do anything legal that could potentially make you money because you're being greedy.

Come on mate, there's nothing unethical about day trading.

If you'd brought up gambling in the other hand, then I fully agree.

Day trading isn't investing though. It's buy and sell the same day. That's my understanding of day trading.

I watched a presentation on it and how people follow index trends live every 6 minutes and have come up with trend analysis. It indicates when the big players jump in to buy and how the market reacts to push up the index. The day traders identify the trend. Jump on the wave on the way up and cash out when they reach their cash out set point.

Very clever.

Could use our future first for Pickett. Highly unlikely we beat Richmond to the spoon and the draft will be compromised as it is

What is he worth?
Prefer to offer F2 or worst case F1 for Pickett and Dees F1. I dunno, I'd like him but not sure of his value.

Day trading isn't investing though. It's buy and sell the same day. That's my understanding of day trading.

I watched a presentation on it and how people follow index trends live every 6 minutes and have come up with trend analysis. It indicates when the big players jump in to buy and how the market reacts to push up the index. The fay traders identify the trend. Jump on the wave on the way up and cash out when they reach their cash out set point.

Very clever.
Yes, it is clever.

It's also insanely difficult to be profitable at it.

And is is investing, it's just for a shorter term.

You buy/sell a product at a price and you do the opposite later to make a profit.

Does it really matters if you do it in 6 minutes or 6 months? It's the same thing, just a different time frame.

Sounds like he ultimately will stay put. But if we flipped the entire Barrass haul for Kozzie, you’d take that and run.
For me too much smoke now. I think it’s a chance, if it’s us or Freo (or SA teams still try and get involved is another question)

Pyke said we will be aggressive. Eagles pod earlier in the year Flyin said they talk all the time

Ryan and Schofield get along well is my understanding.

Got a suspision Ryan will be at Gold Coast next year. He would be a good get and very marketable in Qld. Get a few more buns on seats.
Yes they do, I was was essentially saying if Schofield is moved on then Ryan is more likely to move too.

Ryan to Gold Coast would be fantastic. Likely to get a better pick and we can contribute salary. Although I do feel like he’s the key to getting Knobel if he’s interested in playing for Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they do, I was was essentially saying if Schofield is moved on then Ryan is more likely to move too.

Ryan to Gold Coast would be fantastic. Likely to get a better pick and we can contribute salary. Although I do feel like he’s the key to getting Knobel if he’s interested in playing for Freo.
Ryan to Gold Coast is a terrible move for us. Once Rioli comes in Gold Coast have bugger all to give. Probably going to try offer us a pick upgrade which im not interested in

I watched a presentation on it and how people follow index trends live every 6 minutes and have come up with trend analysis. It indicates when the big players jump in to buy and how the market reacts to push up the index. The day traders identify the trend. Jump on the wave on the way up and cash out when they reach their cash out set point.

Very clever.
Yes and no. This is 20% of it if that. My brutal month is not from my day trades at all. Its my longer term investments dropping down. Im not one to 100% sell out of my position if im greatly up in it. Annoying trait i have but I kinda never going to get away from it so gotta lump it

I'm not a huge fan of Pickett.

His habit of jumping off the ground to flatten opponents is not a great look or football act.

And when he celebrates a goal you just want to slap the kid.

Fair chance every season he cops suspensions that will only get longer.

That is the most original made up reason not to trade someone.

Full points on creativity.

Ryan to Gold Coast is a terrible move for us. Once Rioli comes in Gold Coast have bugger all to give. Probably going to try offer us a pick upgrade which im not interested in
You don’t think WBD 1R for Liam and salary or even pick 20 is a good move? Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back