List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
They wouldnt be able to pay Warner with Pickett and Bolton + legacy deals for Serong, Brayshaw, Treacy, Jackson, Darcy and young.

2025 and beyond means any WA talent coming home is to the Eagles and Eagles only.

If Brayshaw was to be traded, could we poach him?

I mean professional, right age group, roots are in WA now....We could make like bandits if Freo do such a thing.
No chance

Well, it's true.

You can't exit your position without liquidity and it's mostly driven by day traders.

And if you can't pull your money out then how the **** are you gonna get to whore island?

Think Obeanie1, think!

Whore Island is technically just a different form of day trading really. :think: :$ :drunk: ;)

Deals are done and the main event of the day is over in seconds. Rest of the day sit back and post on Bigfooty.

Whore Island is technically just a different form of day trading really. :think: :$ :drunk: ;)

Deals are done and the main event of the day is over in seconds. Rest of the day sit back and post on Bigfooty.

Umm, you shouldn't really be saying that part out loud...

I dont really agree with the Eagles going for Chad Warner, especially at his high price.
The guy is an electric midfielder with glaring holes in his game - especially on the defensive side. When Sydney plays well, he's a proven match winner - but to me he is the definition of a front runner. He reminds me of a Tim Kelly in Geelong.

With the price we will have to pay for Chad, he's not the guy we really need in the next 1-2 years. Warner thrives because guys like Rowbottom do the heavy lifting.... we need to find our Rowbottom first.

I dont really agree with the Eagles going for Chad Warner, especially at his high price.
The guy is an electric midfielder with glaring holes in his game - especially on the defensive side. When Sydney plays well, he's a proven match winner - but to me he is the definition of a front runner. He reminds me of a Tim Kelly in Geelong.

With the price we will have to pay for Chad, he's not the guy we really need in the next 1-2 years. Warner thrives because guys like Rowbottom do the heavy lifting.... we need to find our Rowbottom first.
Yep, hard pass for me unless we have all the other pieces in place.

1724914781669.png

"So I met my wife's friends the other night. Yeah, nice people. One of them asked what I do for work, my wife jumps in and says I'm a day trader.

I asked her later, I said honey, what'd you say that for, I work construction.

She said yeah, yeah, but with you the main event of the day is over in seconds."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't align with Chad being the Swans best player in the losing GF three years ago.

He looked like the only Swan making an impact that day.

Last edited:
Waste of breath talking about it, he'd never in a million years come here
Wouldn't leave anyway.

Hamish's already said he'll re-sign and laughed at the suggestion of 'going home'.

He said "Go home, to where?! Everyone's here."

Pretty much out your house in him staying at Freo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back