List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude ive been walking around all day saying it to myself. Kinda wanna launch myself into a oncoming bus at this rate

Its a much bigger issue then the club song for me. Pyke needs to kill this cancer out of the club immediately
Remember when they had the live singer with the "won't back down song"? Now it's just a V advert.

I think the club should have the live singer on standby but not play the song unless the team is within 2 goals at 3QT. That way it could really pump up the crowd for the close finishes.

No it's next year. I want Dyson sharp

Dyson sharp ceiling is Matt Rowell his floor is Matt Rowell.

Better floor then Harley but no slouch in ceiling.

In other words it's peak JHF (Harley) vs peak Rowell (Dyson). So even a straight swap of pick 1 for Harley isn't a huge loss. That's how good Dyson is
JHF much better than Rowell. Rowell is 1 dimensional

At a minimum we can be throwing dollars at Pickett to force Fremantle to use up a bit more cap space than they’d like

at this stage I feel like our target should be picks & developing talent

I obviously want pickett & other talent to come to our club but we shouldn't be looking to pay overs for anyone

If Freo get their targets this year they won’t have the money for The Chad next year. I’d be having a very frank discussion with Chad about his intentions next year. If he’s adamant he’s coming back to WA (to WCE) I think it’s worth approaching this draft in terms of player selection with that in mind.
Absolutely. Bolton and Kozi are the cream but Warner is the crust & we need crust.

Didn't Freo stick their noses in when Kelly was looking to come back to WA?

It's good business to firstly put ourselves in the race to get Bolton and Pickett, then secondly to drive their price up if we can't get them.

Absolutely. Bolton and Kozi are the cream but Warner is the crust & we need crust.

I find this imaginary dish you're concocting confusing. Is it some sort of dessert pizza?

So even a straight swap of pick 1 for Harley isn't a huge loss. That's how good Dyson is
I love Dyson’s game and have been posting about him since May when I disagreed with Twomey saying Duursma is his 2025 #1 pick but there is no way on earth I’d even consider swapping Harley for Sharp.

I love Dyson’s game and have been posting about him since May when I disagreed with Twomey saying Duursma is his 2025 #1 pick but there is no way on earth I’d even consider swapping Harley for Sharp.
Yep Ideally wouldnt . But do you agree the floor for Dyson Sharp is Matt Rowell? And the ceiling for Dyson Sharp is Matt Rowell?

Have trouble judging him. Athletically he's not extraordinary but neither was Matt.

He has all the gifts of being an elite player. Without elite attributes other then his body strength and core which makes his floor Rowell. And possible endurance.

At a minimum we can be throwing dollars at Pickett to force Fremantle to use up a bit more cap space than they’d like

Trading the Barass pick and Oscar for Pickett would be the trade of the century. Would definitely add some steel to the team.
Just imagine the damage Harley and Kozzi could do if they were unleashed.
Pyke said we would be aggressive, Go for it Don !!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading the Barass pick and Oscar for Pickett would be the trade of the century. Would definitely add some steel to the team.
We would need basically the Barrass pick + a bit extra added to Kozi in this scenario

Sharp makes kids his age look sillier than Rowell did in his underage year. There’s plenty of archival footage of him just bursting through and ragdolling kids for fun. I do think Sharp has a higher ceiling than Rowell but I think in addition to being a fantastic player, Rowell is a true student of the game and will squeeze every last drop of talent out of himself and his career. Rehab, video analysis, everything no stone unturned.

The game comes easy to Sharp and I wonder if because of that whether he’ll have that same drive, desire and focus that Rowell has to extract everything out of himself. If Sharp applies himself like Rowell does he’ll be a better player than Rowell IMO.

I’m sorry did you say the Barrass pick and Oscar Allen or am I reading wrong??? If so it would be an absolute disaster trade

Sharp makes kids his age look sillier than Rowell did in his underage year. There’s plenty of archival footage of him just bursting through and ragdolling kids for fun. I do think Sharp has a higher ceiling than Rowell but I think in addition to being a fantastic player, Rowell is a true student of the game and will squeeze every last drop of talent out of himself and his career. Rehab, video analysis, everything no stone unturned.

The game comes easy to Sharp and I wonder if because of that whether he’ll have that same drive, desire and focus that Rowell has to extract everything out of himself. If Sharp applies himself like Rowell does he’ll be a better player than Rowell IMO.
Sharp doesn't have the speed/burst that Rowell has. He seems to have average speed/burst unless I'm mistaken.

That means his ceiling can't be better?

Sharp doesn't have the speed/burst that Rowell has. He seems to have average speed/burst unless I'm mistaken.

That means his ceiling can't be better?
I look at a ceiling as the total sum of all attributes and skills assuming they are completely filled to their potential, not just based on one criterion.

So with that in mind Sharp has a higher ceiling IMO but I’m sure there would be plenty that define or view it differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back