Autopsy Finish the H&A season on a winning note, 31 point winners against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something in me can't help but think we've been deliberately saving our best the last 6 weeks til now. We lost a couple of games badly but not due to a loss of form, but a deliberate act to essentially hide our best best from the comp until now and give ourselves the best chance we can to go all the way. I just don't think we dropped off as much as those couple of losses suggest.

Only 4 pages? An autopsy!

Where are the unhinged rants?

Must have been a smooth win.

Oh and Campbell > Lloyd
Would love to see Campbell in the midfield at some stage next year. Clean, incredibly composed in heavy traffic, great decision maker and a beautiful kick. Hitting Logan lace out in the goal square when he was surrounded by four Crows was pure poetry.

I thought it was a very good tune up for finals. Challenged in the first quarter. Offensively brilliant. Defensively poor.

Reset at quarter time and then showed our class in the second blowing them away putting the game beyond doubt pretty much keeping them goalless apart from a Judas goal at the siren.

Still kept them at arms length in the last 2 quarters and didn’t spend too many tickets doing it.

Campbells ability to use his speed offensively off the ball is amazing.
His burst running forward created a lot of space for forwards who were able to double back and get an easy mark.

Now that goes well for us when we’re on top but his stints in defence over the years would make him more accountable and aware on when to do it. He was always a pure offensive weapon only in juniors with little to know defensive game.

I’m starting to see Horses method to his madness sticking him in defence for so long.

I can't be that unhappy with finishing minor premiers, but I'm not quite happy either. Feel like Port Adelaide have scarred me a bit, and I don't think I'll enjoy any win but the final one this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been my concern all year. Great H&A coach, but not the best big game coach. Hope he has learned from it
Apparently he treats the big games just like any other game in the lead up. I hope this year is different, get the boys hyped, embrace to moment and build it up to be everything it can be.

Need to maximise the home ground advantage in finals. Gws look dangerous with Hogan and not travelling so prefer not to play them, but comfortable if we do.

Think Grundy needed yesterday's game , looked to be running back to form.

Horse was taking the piss in the last ,
Gulden even raced to get to full forward and made Mclean laugh who I think was meant to be there.

I think the club has a good vibe, comes down to the middle.

the tall forwards competed well yesterday, at times though I feel like Parker is a better marking option. Amartey just needs to compete well and bring it to ground .

Lot to work with, defence will be better for Mccartin back, but Melican probably goes to the oppositions best

Something in me can't help but think we've been deliberately saving our best the last 6 weeks til now. We lost a couple of games badly but not due to a loss of form, but a deliberate act to essentially hide our best best from the comp until now and give ourselves the best chance we can to go all the way. I just don't think we dropped off as much as those couple of losses suggest.
I advanced a theory earlier in the season - when our slow starts would suddenly morph into a devastating run of goals - that maybe we were employing the biggest rope-a-dope strategy ever.

Your post has caused me to now wonder if all along I was thinking too small.

Seen you also multiple times saying horse won’t win another flag which means you are saying we are out this season anyway

I did say that , I agree he will be judged on the finals .

I also said (apart from that farkn port game) that he seemed to be different this year and proving me wrong .

But I think you have me covered for negativity by a little bit just .

I know you love them, even Taylor deep down

I'll be honest, I think we are going out in straight sets this year which will be super disappointing but we just don't handle pressure well and in finals there is going to be a tonne of pressure, no matter who we play against.

That's where maybe the big loss helped. Put a fair bit of pressure on them to respond to criticism ?

That's where maybe the big loss helped. Put a fair bit of pressure on them to respond to criticism ?

Possibly but we didn't respond that convincingly to the big loss.

I really think our bad starts this year are down to pressure as most teams start games with high pressure and as the game goes on the pressure lessens, and that allowed us to play how we wanted to play. The problem is in finals the pressure does not go down like it does in a regular home and away game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Finish the H&A season on a winning note, 31 point winners against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back