Autopsy Finish the H&A season on a winning note, 31 point winners against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleary and Campbell are going nowhere

Papley is a better player than both for starters Cleary may get there but he’s 3 games into a career. I did say Campbell likely stays for me unless JMac is fit by the first final

• Started better with our intent to move the ball even though defence wasn't great. Won a first qtr. Middle 2 quarters were good, understandably completely shut up shop in the last.
  • Tall forwards were better in terms of not getting out marked and competing in the air. Amartey still dropped way too many easy ones he shouldn't have, McLean and McDonald were pretty good though.
  • Blakey back to his best. Parker looked the most dangerous forward when it mattered. Gulden and Warner set the win up in the first half. Jordon good job on Judas. Defenders hit the scoreboard was nice.
  • Despite making it harder than it needed to be second half of the year, game clear on top of the ladder. There was a horror show fortnight thrown in there, but overall a very good H & A season...really only 3 poor games all year. Looks like we'll have almost all our best 22 available for week 1....this is as good a chance as you'll ever have, absolutely must cash in on this.

couldn't see the game, seen highlights and scanned stats (which are often inconclusive) ... but surely it's a good sign when three tall forwards, four midfielders (counting parker) and four defenders (rampe, florent, blakey and ... melican? is that correct? ) kicked goals ...
seems like a few players regained some form, at a very good time

Who needs Heeney, Papps, TMac and JMac ?? :laughing:

3 games ago we lost by 112 points!! Ahhh, 2024.. you make me chuckle.

Couldn't ask for more... finally a decent 1st quarter , more importantly 4 quarters!
Just seem to be heating up each week since our v Pies miracle last gasp win.
Mostly injury free & team confidence ultra high going into a couple of home finals.

Only 3 more wins to go & another Knights poster to add to my Weg/Knights hallway Swans GF gallery. Yeah baby! 👌

the swans are gonna be the first team whose last defeat before going on to win the premiership was by 112 points

ahh unfortunately someone has to miss out

fox out - heeney in
francis out - mccartin in
cleary out - papley in
campbell out - mcinerney in

otherwise you're keeping papley and mcinerney out. both will be ready to go week 1
My only concern would be Juzzy. His straight line should be OK but his change of direction might not be. If he's not fit I'd prefer to stick with Campbell who I thought was better than Lloyd tonight.

couldn't see the game, seen highlights and scanned stats (which are often inconclusive) ... but surely it's a good sign when three tall forwards, four midfielders (counting parker) and four defenders (rampe, florent, blakey and ... melican? is that correct? ) kicked goals ...
seems like a few players regained some form, at a very good time
Handling was cleaner tonight than it has been and pressure too until we eased up late.
Melican's goal was a hoot. Tex ironed him out after he took a mark and gave up a 50. Never looked like missing.

My only concern would be Juzzy. His straight line should be OK but his change of direction might not be. If he's not fit I'd prefer to stick with Campbell who I thought was better than Lloyd tonight.
if you listened to papley on his own podcast, he said juzzy is even ahead of where himself is at, just needs to get through some sprints and some contact but other then that he'll be fine. and papley said himself will be good to go week 1. horse in the presser sounded like mcinerney will be ready to go as well

if you listened to papley on his own podcast, he said juzzy is even ahead of where himself is at, just needs to get through some sprints and some contact but other then that he'll be fine. and papley said himself will be good to go week 1. horse in the presser sounded like mcinerney will be ready to go as well
🤞🤞🤞🤞
If both are fit enough selection will be interesting to say the least!

I remain unconvinced but I keep trying to remind myself that there is absolutely nothing conventional about this season. No team is going to fit the mould of the prototypical premier this year. If it's going to be a team from outside the top four... Brisbane, Bulldogs... If it's going to be a team who started the year 0-5 in Hawthorn... If it's going to be a team that generally hasn't looked like the best side in the comp all year like GWS, Port, Geelong... then why can't it be the team that had an ordinary July & August?

Time to rewrite the rulebook, Swannies.

I like that our form lift in the last few weeks has been driven so massively by the fringe players. Parker's set the tone for marking inside 50; Cleary's set the tone for pressure; Campbell's set the tone for elite kicking; Roberts has set the tone with his composure. I really don't care how those from our 13-1 run rediscover their best footy, even if it's through being inspired by the last players to be added to the team.

Selection headaches are going to be absolutely diabolical, but this is what we want. It could arguably prove more important than the footy we actually played in this game.

Go Swans.

I think it’s important before looking towards finals to acknowledge what an achievement it is to finish as the minor premier. To be the best side with the most wins and best percentage across 23 games is such a challenge (particularly as a side that flys around the country every second week) and I believe we don’t recognise minor premiers enough in the AFL.

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the year, the club is in the strongest position I can ever remember seeing it, both on and off the field which sets it up for continued long term success. Very proud to support this great club!

I remain unconvinced but I keep trying to remind myself that there is absolutely nothing conventional about this season. No team is going to fit the mould of the prototypical premier this year. If it's going to be a team from outside the top four... Brisbane, Bulldogs... If it's going to be a team who started the year 0-5 in Hawthorn... If it's going to be a team that generally hasn't looked like the best side in the comp all year like GWS, Port, Geelong... then why can't it be the team that had an ordinary July & August?

I like that our form lift in the last few weeks has been driven so massively by the fringe players. Parker's set the tone for marking inside 50; Cleary's set the tone for pressure; Campbell's set the tone for elite kicking; Roberts has set the tone with his composure. I really don't care how those from our 13-1 run rediscover their best footy, even if it's through being inspired by the last players to be added to the team.

Selection headaches are going to be absolutely diabolical, but this is what we want. It could arguably prove more important than the footy we actually played in this game.

Go Swans.

Horse would argue, and at the end of the day he has a point, that we only had 2 bad weeks.

I know what you will point to and there's validity for sure, but take those 2 shockers out and we basically smashed the competition for 21 weeks. Every other loss we have one straight kick in we win.

I realise that's ignoring some key stuff , but also footy is hard to win, and then as you say what other teams form for the entire year am I taking to be the premier side.

Maybe we will piss it up and we can say yep look at the cracks we papered over etc etc , but then again it's a results league.

3 more wins and we will be premiers and have gone 20 and 6 and with the two crummy weeks out we still could easily be 24 and 2.

I had 3 hours sleep but I thought that was a fantastic win, we won a first quarter , we played a controlled game.

Great footy from just about everyone. Roberts was sensational , Blakey, Gulden, Warner, Grundy back in form.

Melican is a gun, Rampe looks 25. Adams was good, Parker was good, the 3 tall forwards all worked hard and hit the scoreboard .

Francis isn't playing finals , Cleary could, Campbell clearly wants too.

Rowbottom was good , I could keep going , but perfect pre finals hit out.

Great atmosphere , loved it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not very familiar with the sign, but shouldn’t the P come before the W? Like is this dumbass using the wrong hand?

Probably fitting this way, I think he wants us to know that he is a Pathetic w***er.

Honestly, what a bloody weirdo to come to footy and do that all game next to a bunch of kids. Creepy weird old dude energy. Ban him from the stadium and the AFL.
At other times he was poking his tongue out. Weird cat.

Go Swans.
There is no standout contender in this year’s likely eight, so we are already as good a chance as anyone.

But I think our best this season has been better than anyone else’s best. We were absolutely on song putting a game away with half a dozen unanswered goals.

Reactivate that Swans just three times and no-one will get near us.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with what you are saying but who are the four who have to come out of tonight's 23?
Very difficult question... pretty happy I'm not making that call.

If we win the flag, it will be a brilliant call... if we lose however, it will be because of the call... or at least that is how it will be phrased on this board!

I had 3 hours sleep but I thought that was a fantastic win, we won a first quarter , we played a controlled game.

Great footy from just about everyone. Roberts was sensational , Blakey, Gulden, Warner, Grundy back in form.

Melican is a gun, Rampe looks 25. Adams was good, Parker was good, the 3 tall forwards all worked hard and hit the scoreboard .

Francis isn't playing finals , Cleary could, Campbell clearly wants too.

Rowbottom was good , I could keep going , but perfect pre finals hit out.

Great atmosphere , loved it

That facility is awesome
Really happy you had a great time and they got up and won for you! It's a great place to be when the crowd gets about them!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Finish the H&A season on a winning note, 31 point winners against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back