Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a "few weeks" compared to "nearly a month"????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Hint, a few weeks is 2 and nearly a month is 3 and I recall Soligo was out for 4 weeks so it wasn't a few weeks.
Actually 2 weeks is a couple of weeks, a few weeks is 3 or 4

I mean, you're just embarrassing yourself now

I guess you are in your own universe. Now who is embarrassed lol.

View attachment 1931769
You said "a few weeks, I thought it was nearly a month".

A few generally means more than two, usually 3 or 4. I would say that's pretty close to a month.

I mean, when we say people are a couple, we always mean 2 don't we?

How much more do you want to fail?

Last edited:

A few generally means more than two, usually 3 or 4. I would say that's pretty close to a month.

Unless we use it in the context of ABAB is wrong a couple of times a day, in which case it refers to a lot more than a few.

Do you have reading comprehension problem or something else like you are in your own universe? So I thought he said 2 weeks and responded with nearly a month as it was more than 2 weeks. No need to thanks me, we are all here to learn.

"A few is generally considered to mean between two and several. Some people use a few to mean around three, but this is not a universal interpretation"

Last edited:
I was very lucky that I had a dinner on Sat night and couldn't watch the game. I've no interest in watching the replay either. So, I come to this from a point of view where my frustration is much less.

I was not surprised to see the result. Playing round 0 and then playing a team that hasn't played yet is a huge advantage. HUGE. To get to do that playing at home is a massive bonus. We were set to fail. Only us and North were gifted that by the AFL.

Given the conditions, I think the biggest concern was that our midfield was smashed so easily. With Crouch, Laird and Berry in our midfield, those conditions should have suited us. They didn't. Berry in particular should have thrived, but reports are that he did not. That's disappointing.

The Soligo decision continues a never ending list of utterly stupid selection decisions from our club. We genuinely are that dumb. It's become ingrained in the walls at West lakes. Let's hope it is left there when we move.

Once again we also had the summer memory erasure procedure. Every single year we forget that some players just don't have it when it comes to a competitive game. We ignore that we learnt that the previous year, watch them look amazing at training and then pick them first the first game or two. By round 4 we realise they can't handle physical pressure and drop them. Season ends, we erase our memory, watch preseason and pick them again. Year after year. The same stupid mistakes.

This is very well put, as I was thinking the same. Sholl, Berry and Gollant (to a lesser degree) looked the mutts nuts up to season 2022, but then spent most of 2023 in the reserves. But now they are apparently a-grade quality again? If that is so, what happened to them last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brodie Smith had his customary horror turnover kick at the wrong moment in a game. I would have thought that was something he could have ironed out over the course of his career and maybe im nitpicking but I would have got rid of him long ago just because of that as he's done it his whole career

Unless we use it in the context of ABAB is wrong a couple of times a day, in which case it refers to a lot more than a few.
See I don't get this.

What if Berry had marked the ball and kicked a goal. And what if, we won the clearance, and rushed through a behind in the dying seconds to win.

Are the coaches votes going to change so dramatically based on 60 seconds of football? Or would the losing team dominate the coaches votes in that instance.

See I don't get this.

What if Berry had marked the ball and kicked a goal. And what if, we won the clearance, and rushed through a behind in the dying seconds to win.

Are the coaches votes going to change so dramatically based on 60 seconds of football? Or would the losing team dominate the coaches votes in that instance.
Losing team would dominate as they dominated 3 quarters of the game

brodie Smith had his customary horror turnover kick at the wrong moment in a game. I would have thought that was something he could have ironed out over the course of his career and maybe im nitpicking but I would have got rid of him long ago just because of that as he's done it his whole career
He's done a whole lot better than an occasional errant kick in his whole career as well.

See I don't get this.

Did you mean to quote me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back