List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be more concerned about delisting guys like McEntee than guys arhat actually kick goals like Todd Marshall does

McEntee kicked as many goals as Todd did yesterday.

Jeddy kicking his in junktime. Toddrea kicked his in the furnace of the second quarter.

Where did Special Todd go after that? Did he melt in the furnace?

It will be difficult to make the call on any player while kern is still the coach as a new voice with an actual game plan that suits the line up and the oppo on a given day could produce a marked improvement in a number of them from the get go.

I too am of the opinion the forward line is currently the least of our problems given the midfield are either one way runners in Rozee and JHF, or square gaiters in Drew and Wines who couldn't run out of sight on a dark night, and a major part of its problem could be the two `B' grade ruckmen we traded for which has exacerbated any weaknesses those 4 may have, and whilst Butters is still getting plenty of touches he is not hurting the opposition like he used to.

Re trading for other clubs `B' graders, the defence has become an absolute shambles against any half decent opposition since Ratugolea and BZT were added to it, and I noticed Dermie gave Aliir a number of sprays yesterday, but on at least one of the occasions I saw in the 1st half before I switched off in disgust for most of the 2nd he was trying to cover for two opponents, and there has to be a reason why he has gone from an All Australian quality defender to the 2nd guessing battler he is now.

It will be difficult to make the call on any player while kern is still the coach as a new voice with an actual game plan that suits the line up and the oppo on a given day could produce a marked improvement in a number of them from the get go.

I too am of the opinion the forward line is currently the least of our problems given the midfield are either one way runners in Rozee and JHF, or square gaiters in Drew and Wines who couldn't run out of sight on a dark night, and a major part of its problem could be the two `B' grade ruckmen we traded for which has exacerbated any weaknesses those 4 may have, and whilst Butters is still getting plenty of touches he is not hurting the opposition like he used to.

Re trading for other clubs `B' graders, the defence has become an absolute shambles against any half decent opposition since Ratugolea and BZT were added to it, and I noticed Dermie gave Aliir a number of sprays yesterday, but on at least one of the occasions I saw in the 1st half before I switched off in disgust for most of the 2nd he was trying to cover for two opponents, and there has to be a reason why he has gone from an All Australian quality defender to the 2nd guessing battler he is now.
Really, we are all just waiting for the reign of Hinkley to die.

You can't judge any player's performance, even Jed, at the moment because it looks like no one is playing for the coach anymore and especially our top tier players.

A coach with a good gameplan will fix up a lot of what is wrong with our play and a good coach will instill the right mental attitude and also the non-negotiables and give players their roles in the team. This will aid development of the team in a huge way.

We are all just waiting impatiently.

I wanted Hinks gone years ago but we really don't have the quality in our squad anymore.
We have tried to trade upwards in the draft which has been a fail and recently we have traded out good draft picks for b grade footballers.
It's like adding too much water to cordial. We are a diluted club. Full of wannabees.
Our best chance was 2020 when we stuffed up against Richmond. Player and coaching mistakes cost a grand final birth which I believe was ours for the taking.
We need to wipe the board clean and have a restart with a new coach with a focus on building from the draft and selected free agents. But only get in quality. Have a look at Brisbane's additions: Neale, Daniher, Dunkley.
We are five years away from a GF now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind them getting a couple of good solid AFL level players as free agents, that only costs money.

But stop trading away first round picks.

If we do have a new coach by the end of this season, I expect some Hinkley favourites might find themselves offered up to get us into the draft.

I don't mind them getting a couple of good solid AFL level players as free agents, that only costs money.

But stop trading away first round picks.

If we do have a new coach by the end of this season, I expect some Hinkley favourites might find themselves offered up to get us into the draft.

Richmond and North will hand picks over if Butters wants out. I'd look at them if that happens.

Richmond and North will hand picks over if Butters wants out. I'd look at them if that happens.
So we get JHF from North and then hand over Butters?I very much doubt Butters would agree to go NMFC when pretty much every Victorian team would happily have him.

To get rid of Butters for trade picks would be dumb. He has to learn to deal with a tag, and to dispose of the ball when he is under more pressure than he has ever been under before. That's part of his growth. For mine , it is a priority to keep Rozee, Butters and JHF together.

If you go by the paradigm that no player is untradeable I would want picks plus an established player, ideally between 23 to 26, who would walk into our first 22. Or I would want the picks to make that happen and a trade well underway for a player of that ilk.

Picks by themselves are too risky, and the they don't suit the age demographic that you want for a team that is ideally building for a premiership. You want a core of players heading towards or in their prime. With a few exceptions that is the backbone of most premiership teams.

Overly attached to Ken just triggers me.

I love Butters but the Ken love that gets brought up time and time again sorry I'd move on pretty quickly.
Just deal with it. Players love coaches and support them, particularly publicly, until the next coach comes along. Then they do the same for them. You'd be an idiot as a player to start bagging your coach to the media.

Last edited:
Who has trade currency? There are players I think who should be up for trade or assess their options because its time the club has to be ruthless. I can think of Burton and Wines potentially but who else would have currency because Port needs new talent into the club and breathe some excitement and energy back.

Retire
  • Boak: He could probably play on but he is slowing down and can't kick as far as he used.
  • Dixon: Age has caught up with him and can't move as he used to.
  • McKenzie: Age has caught up with him and is constantly injured now.

Delist
  • Narkle: Surplus and there isn't a spot in the midfield for him unfortunately.
  • Francis Evans: Does not have the speed to truly excel at AFL. Second-tier is his ceiling sadly.
  • Kyle Marshall/Tom Mccallum: I haven't seen much of these two but from what little I have seen, I don't think these two will make it unfortunately. Is keeping at least one of them viable on a 1 year deal? Because Xavier Walsh looks like an exciting defensive prospect and attacks the ball well and has shown more than those two based on the games I watched on the livestreams.

Pay what we have to, so we land Perryman and Ainsworth.

convince wines to go to north. Throw Clurey in somehow. Get a second rounder this year and next and Goad. Hell they can have Dixon and Boak too if we can work that in somehow.

Offer up DBJ, Burton and Williams to whoever wants them.

Delist or trade: Evans, McKenzie, Clurey, Dixon. What till late to make a call but probably delist Macallum and Marshall.

So for 2024 that’s:
Out: Evans, McKenzie, Clurey, Dixon, Wines, MacCallum, Marshall +/- Boak, DBJ, Burton and Williams

In: Perryman, Ainsworth, Goad, pick around 25, pick around 35-40, rookie ky and Rome + Monty + cat B Benny Barrett.

I wanted Hinks gone years ago but we really don't have the quality in our squad anymore.
We have tried to trade upwards in the draft which has been a fail and recently we have traded out good draft picks for b grade footballers.
It's like adding too much water to cordial. We are a diluted club. Full of wannabees.
Our best chance was 2020 when we stuffed up against Richmond. Player and coaching mistakes cost a grand final birth which I believe was ours for the taking.
We need to wipe the board clean and have a restart with a new coach with a focus on building from the draft and selected free agents. But only get in quality. Have a look at Brisbane's additions: Neale, Daniher, Dunkley.
We are five years away from a GF now.
I disagree. We have the quality it is all,in the coaching and a useless game plan. Players are over it.

Agree with retiring Dixon, Boak and McKenzie.

Definitely delist Evans, Narkle, McCallum and Kyle Marshall.

Try to trade Lachie Jones.

Trade one of Wines or Drew.

Consider not renewing Finlayson if out of contract.

Consider trading Bergman for a first round pick before he falls out of contract.

not even close lol

He would have to be on less than 20% of Todd’s pay packet for this to be even remotely close.

This season Todd has 20 goals from 14 games (1.43 per game). Jed has 5 goals from 12 games (0.42 per game).

So in essence he'd need to be around 30% of Todd's salary. Todd is on approximately 800 per year.

It's closer than you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back