News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm lucky, when we built our place (over 10 years ago now, where does the time go?) I made sure to put Ethernet ports in pretty much every room. Wifi is getting better but it's still not good enough if you have a family all streaming/downloading stuff.

I also put TV ports in all the rooms that have Ethernet. That's proven to be less useful as time goes by 🤣
Same, I have ethernet cabling from router to TV's, and Mesh wifi for mobile devices. Keeping them separate has been a huge improvement over everything on wifi.

long enough to be a two parter

and the JL episode is what scared him off xD

Just have to say this is a awesome watch.
It's nice that Schoey is handling this like his usual pod guests, he's not being salty.
Simmo has a dry sense of humor, 100% here for it.

Some fascinating insights on the process he went through to get the gig.
Much excited to listen to part 2 next week

It's nice that Schoey is handling this like his usual pod guests, he's not being salty.

Simmo saying it feels like we are talking about me to much was funny... As well as his curiosity about schoy's post work professional adventures.
The JL comment, as well as asking what his favourite episodes were.
"You dropped me"
"Did we win?"

Jeez who shoved a rocket up his arse. So sick of the hatchet jobs by everyone in the media. We've been bad yes but there were genuine signs of improvement this year.
Would love to read a positive artice, just one would be nice for a change.
I hope all the club and players come out with an us v the world attitude. Time to prove everyone wrong.

What, the last three years hasn’t proven enough than the playing group has no ticker to respond to anything the world says about them?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't to keep on about it :) but I don't have a landline/NBN. I use a router connected through a 'dongle' which I assume is my dinosaur way of saying a 'fixed wireless connection'. Correct?

If so, you're saying if instead of my wireless connection to the router I put a cable between the TV and router? And for you that is 'trouble free'.

So then am I right to assume people with a landline/NBN also get fault free Kayo?
it doesn't just come down to your connection, the processor in your tv is also a factor. You can have the fastest uninterrupted connection in Australia but that still won't make a difference if your tv's processor is insufficient. An AppleTV box for example will have a better processor than most if not all smart tvs.

It's reassuring hearing the recruitment process. Can't imagine they're going to cave to media pressure or even just offer someone the gig.

Does anyone have that graphic from AFL360 after the 2018GF that showed Eagles record from previous 3-4 years

it said like

2015-2018

#1 in finals played
#1 in wins

etc

I wanted to compare Ports last 4 years as I feel (other than a GF) they've been up there.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Schoey’s interview with Simmo is very good. Nice to hear him sounding a little more relaxed and reflective.

Posters here will enjoy him saying he thought we had focussed too much on drafting on character rather than talent post the drugs saga. Building homes in Cambodia etc
Can't believe you'd put anything before talent first? Rioli went well...was that talent over character backfiring?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of technology, I use Kayo for our matches. I find it can buffer (sometimes frequently) or simply drop out altogether.

However, I’ve put that down to using a router not connected via a landline meaning I share available bandwidth with everyone nearby. It’s sooooo maddening some days!

Or is it just that Kayo, even with a landline, is crap?

What experience do other Kayo subscribers have?
I have a great experience mostly.
Have fiber to the node NBN and have had no dropouts that I can recall.

Nevermind the old view page source method still works

A young trio are set to remain at West Coast for another season while several senior Eagles remain in limbo as the club prepare for one of the biggest off seasons in their history. The West Australian can reveal midfielder Jai Culley is in talks to sign a one-year deal after recovering from a ruptured ACL last year to play three games in 2024. Next Generation Academy ruckman Coen Livingstone is understood have signed a one-year extension, while rookie Loch Rawlinson is also likely to remain at the club in 2025. As several clubs announce delistings after their season ended at the weekend, the Eagles are set to hold fire on making too many cuts as they make crucial decisions about their list and a new coach. The West Australian understands that rookie midfielder Zane Trew, defenders Alex Witherden and Josh Rotham as well as speedster Jamaine Jones are all yet to be told if they will remain at the club next year. They are among a list of seven Eagles that includes Jordyn Baker, Coby Burgiel and Luke Edwards who are all also out of contract and have uncertain futures. West Coast have already opened two spots on their list after the retirement of veteran wingman Andrew Gaff, while vice-captain Tom Barrass has requested a trade to Hawthorn.

A bit of coaching insight with Sam Mitchell trying to get ahead of the game-plan curve and not be a follower. Makes you wonder where Eagles were at with Simmo/Schofield's new gameplan. Was it following (albeit late) the current trend or had some different elements. If we have a new coach, it would surely all change again...

Does anyone have that graphic from AFL360 after the 2018GF that showed Eagles record from previous 3-4 years

it said like

2015-2018

#1 in finals played
#1 in wins

etc

I wanted to compare Ports last 4 years as I feel (other than a GF) they've been up there.

IMG_1361.jpeg

thank you! that's the pic I meant

Reckon Port would be up there with most wins in last 4 years but their finals record wouldn't..

Last 4 years:

Port in finals:

Played: 6 won: 2 lost: 4

win 3 finals and a flag it obviously looks a lot better

A bit of coaching insight with Sam Mitchell trying to get ahead of the game-plan curve and not be a follower. Makes you wonder where Eagles were at with Simmo/Schofield's new gameplan. Was it following (albeit late) the current trend or had some different elements. If we have a new coach, it would surely all change again...

I remember Simpson saying a similar thing heading into 2022 - that we needed to devise a new game plan that got ahead of the competition rather than caught up with it. Basically replicating what we did from 2015-18

It was on the back of a restructured coaching panel with Hickmott and Graham replaced by Schofield and Knights

Then we were torpedoed by Covid and that preseason derby in early 2022 and we’ve been stuck looking at the Titanic ever since. Working on a new game plan became secondary to merely being competitive which we only achieved spasmodically

It’s taken Mitchell into his third season to get his game plan to bear fruit after blowing up the list

Probably more likely to be Harley and Gov.

Would be awesome if Snake was in also.
Yeh Harley should get the AFLCA best first year player (suspensions dont matter for that one)

Also maybe Goal of the Year?

Waterman won't make AA. Curnow, Hogan and J.Cameron probably all above him for spots (I think they will have 2 key forwards).

Yeh Harley should get the AFLCA best first year player (suspensions dont matter for that one)

Also maybe Goal of the Year?

Waterman won't make AA. Curnow, Hogan and J.Cameron probably all above him for spots (I think they will have 2 key forwards).
GOTY/MOTY are done on Brownlow night unless they've changed recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back