Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. I can only imagine it's the crowd influence or something else, because our forwards aren't doing anything too different otherwise
Our tall forwards are not getting to the front to compete in the air, a lot due to poor delivery so if you are not in a true hard contests you are not going to get a lot of FF.

"riley morgan
Sports Reporter
Sun, 4 Aug 2024, 1:03 pm ACST·4-min read

Swans coach John Longmire has let rip at this team after Sydney suffered there worst ever defeat to Port Adelaide as the top of the ladder team has fallen back down to earth"

Can any reporters actually spell anymore ffs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair dinkum Bradbury flag this year.
I disagree.
Whoever wins will have to put in a great game.
Whether that is in the context of a shit comp overall is irrelevant.
Ask the last player selected in the team how they feel about having the medal.
The rest of us can only dream.

To be the best in any elite comp is the goal.

This year also shows just how good we were in 2022. Obviously the first 9 weeks were middling, but once we found form, there was none of this inconsistency of today, just a ruthless, brutal side on a mission. To win 16 in a row these days, well, anytime really is a phenomenal effort.

And winning a GF by 13 goals was a nice way to make it sweet sixteen for good measure. ;)

I disagree.

I hesitate to describe the competition as 'elite' this year.

Teams like Sydney have had bright moments, but the overall quality of footy is pretty ordinary imo.

It's more a matter of who stumbles into the GF this year, and who plays the lesser of two brands, than a style and system holding its own.

Imo.

I disagree.

I could also see a situation where the two "best" teams have a great preliminary final and then the winner just loses the next week 😂.

That would be a Bradbury moment.

I hesitate to describe the competition as 'elite' this year.

Teams like Sydney have had bright moments, but the overall quality of footy is pretty ordinary imo.

It's more a matter of who stumbles into the GF this year, and who plays the lesser of two brands, than a style and system holding its own.

Imo.
It is the elite comp of this comp in this country. They are elite athletes.

Imo.

Except for the Brisbane Lions and the Western Bulldogs , they are hitting the finishing line like Phar Lap and Tulloch

And the Corporate Bookies have now got them fave and 2nd fave for the Flag respectively

Dockers pretenders! Cats should be knocking them off!
As if you really mean or believe that.
Lions, Dogs, Port and GWS are the current consistent best teams.
Really comes down to the week, and mostly where a game is played.
Freo tend to win all H games.
% is a good indicator, but some teams have better runs- ours is not great.
If we can beat Saints and WCE, I think we will have had a great season. 3 wins, excellent.
I still see is as a 6-8 team, and yesterday did not much to dilute that.

Except for the Brisbane Lions and the Western Bulldogs , they are hitting the finishing line like Phar Lap and Tulloch

And the Corporate Bookies have now got them fave and 2nd fave for the Flag respectively

We're still a few weeks away, and I have no particular faith in anyone's ability to hold form that long atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back