Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we seem to have acknowledged that we don't exactly have the trade currency for Trac, but damn some Collingwood fans are delusional if they truly believe that Ash Johnson would be of any value in was trade deal šŸ˜‚

They only way they could get Trac is if they gave up Nick Daicos

At least we seem to have acknowledged that we don't exactly have the trade currency for Trac, but damn some Collingwood fans are delusional if they truly believe that Ash Johnson would be of any value in was trade deal šŸ˜‚

That would be worse than Adelaides offer for Petty last year, thats a horrendous deal.

Would be like WCE giving us Harley Reid for pick 30.

Hate to be that guy but weirdly looks like a Carlton fan. Might be trolling

The quoted tweet is from a Collingwood fan

Then a Carlton fan has added the Petty to Adelaide proposal to round out the trade

šŸ¤Ŗ

Disappointing how there was very little talk about Geelong's performance on the weekend. Notably Footy Classified and On the Couch.
On the Couch had a two minute segment reflecting on Cameron, Stewart & Dangerfield. Basically it's all been down to them for getting us into the position we are currently in.
To go into Perth without De Koning or Bruhn for half the match, against a team fighting for it's season, and win, it's as good of a victory as any this season.

I guess it's better the club continues to fly under the radar. We are not expected to win it this year so the pressure gauge is on Sydney, Brisbane and GWS.

Disappointing how there was very little talk about Geelong's performance on the weekend. Notably Footy Classified and On the Couch.
On the Couch had a two minute segment reflecting on Cameron, Stewart & Dangerfield. Basically it's all been down to them for getting us into the position we are currently in.
To go into Perth without De Koning or Bruhn for half the match, against a team fighting for it's season, and win, it's as good of a victory as any this season.

I guess it's better the club continues to fly under the radar. We are not expected to win it this year so the pressure gauge is on Sydney, Brisbane and GWS.

I'd rather fly under the radar.
Then when we win, the melts will happen because it's 'uNfAiR"

Even though all those same peeps parrot the "Too Old Too Slow" narrative
How quickly they all forget how they ranked us 12th or lower going into this season but then when we win it's cause we have "unfair advantages"

They can't even keep up with their hypocritical crap.
Either we are old and slow and we rely on "aging superstars" or we "steal other team's young talent"
They struggle to just accept that Wells is the best scout in the game and can pull diamonds from the rough with all of the late draft pickups or rookie draft kids, while the club has an excellent program for development and a lifestyle that is envious for players all around the League.

It's funny to look back and see even some media talking heads had us bottom 4 (David King)
They don't watch Geelong outside the games they "have to" so they just use the same talking points that they've always used.
Anyone with two eyes and a brain could see the Cats had a buttload of injuries and the toughest schedule in 2023.
A bounce back was always going to happen.

Nothing sweeter than seeing them all have to grit their teeth while talking about how good the Cats are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Lewis basically the only player they have out injured. Be a shame if they misjudge their actual list position based upon a crazy season and sell the farm for Barrass and Battle.

Yeah it'd be a real "shame" for them to sell the farm

Sad Animation GIF by Holler Studios

Agreed but we are a club that thrives on flying on the radar. Happy for it to stay that way

Agreed but we are a club that thrives on flying on the radar. Happy for it to stay that way
The story that the media wants to write on the Cats has been brewing for at least the past 14 seasons....

'Oh, how the mighty have fallen!'

So while they're waiting (in vain) for their headline, I'm quite satisfied for the club to just roll along winning games, contending in finals series, and generally blowing up the narrative on how football clubs should operate in the AFL era. We basically get nothing more than begrudging acceptance of our perennial relevance from the vast majority of the footy hacks. And I can definitively say that's entirely fine with me.

#nevercarewhattheysay
#onlycarehowweplay
#stayclassygeelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back