Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably been the one underlying concern.

Our midfield group have been awesome this year and it's not worth panicking on the one day basically all of them put in their worst shift for the year, but they need to learn to be the same midfield they usually are, with or without Grundy's dominance.

Say Grundy gets injured before finals and is out for the season. The wheels of one of the most dominant campaigns in recent years cannot come off because of one player. It just can't happen.

Agree , we have become very reliant on him .

When he got hurt I was thinking a broken arm is our flag chance down the shitter (maybe a mid game overreaction )

McDonald shouldn’t need encouragement to kick at goal after the siren. This is his 4th year in the AFL. He’s not some kid not used to the spotlight.

I do and don't agree with this Ted.

I've never quite understood the Warner hype, because to me he's as much a "role player" as anyone. I don't actually think he's this supremely gifted player, like a Heeney or a Gulden.

I don't think he's a reliable field kick. I don't think he's a reliable decision-maker. I don't think he's reliable with his composure. I don't think he's reliable with his defensive and accountable efforts.

I think like everyone else in our team - besides Heeney & Gulden, who are true freaks IMO - he has a few things he is great at, and in the right team and game plan, he can shine with them if he sticks to that role.

It's why I think he is both overrated yet unfairly blamed on the few occasions he doesn't deliver in his role.
I've always felt Chads inside midfield craft and decision making is pretty average. When he can't find a way through and/or break the lines he struggles. I was happy he was able to push through in the second half as he lifted however.

I was going to post that in the game day thread....it was almost like the cheating continued after the siren by putting Logan off his kick
Nothing to do with it IMO. If anything Logan checked in with the ump about going straight over the mark.
He's a highly paid player and should have gotten a point from the kick, but choked. It happens. Perhaps someone should have said a point will do just fine to take the pressure off, but really he needs to tell himself that at his stage.

Lucky it was in a game that doesn't matter much (unless we go on a losing streak), he'll be better for the experience hopefully. Had another nearly game again from what I saw (after quarter time). Is actually competing better in the air, but not winning too many just yet. But at least competing is a step up from last year.

I don't think Horse would be bothered by McDonald's kick after the siren at all. Frustrated by the outcome but he wouldn't judge him for it. Player shits himself in the biggest moment of his career. The shock!

What I think would've bothered Horse more were some of McDonald's efforts playing against Davies. He gets some leniency from Swans fans because of his relative age, size and inexperience. But there just isn't really an excuse for getting out-worked and out-bodied by a 19 year old playing his second game.

So some tough conversations will be had between player and coach but I don't think the final kick would even be brought up in them.

They took their chances good luck to them.

Got the rub of the green, and those third quarter goals , downfield etc were the difference in all honesty.

However they deserved to win, they cant do much better, we played pretty ordinary footy , a few carried us.

Cant win them all, if you are 13-2 and average losing margin is 3 I think its ok.

Some of the fan reaction is pathetic at times here.

Jmac, Blakey, Melican, Mclean, brilliant today

Excuse the intrusion but we chatted pre game and just wanted to pay respects if you get my drift, you did mention we were a shot. While it was a great win (obviously) for us, we still have a bit to go and we got lucky catching you blokes napping early.

Blakey was immense, thank heck he went to the bench for a bit there in the last, talk about stepping up. That blokes got Norm Smith written all over him.

Oh, and if anyone stumbles across a one “Hairy Biker”, tell him I send him an irrelevant hello!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More scoring shots, couldn’t land the killer blow , fought back well , clearly off the pace from the start…,good to get the loss and not pinch it really.

There is a flag to win if sides like Freo are now 3rd….

Forgot what it is like to lose…. Didn’t really need the reminder.
It would be absolutely fantastic if we faced either Freo or Essendon first up in the finals. Fairly unlikely but I guess we did our bit today to make it happen. More likely we face the Lions which is looking a tougher game the longer the season goes on.

We need to fix our slow starts. We don't have to come out all guns a blazing but we need to stop conceding as much as we do.

We almost accept it at this point and as a result it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Cannot win premierships if we continue to start slow

Dont count on it i thought the same after the Geelong game :p

Excuse the intrusion but we chatted pre game and just wanted to pay respects if you get my drift, you did mention we were a shot. While it was a great win (obviously) for us, we still have a bit to go and we got lucky catching you blokes napping early.

Blakey was immense, thank heck he went to the bench for a bit there in the last, talk about stepping up. That blokes got Norm Smith written all over him.

Oh, and if anyone stumbles across a one “Hairy Biker”, tell him I send him an irrelevant hello!!!
Don't mind my sulking , hate losing.

Like I said pre game , have to respect Freo in all seriousness and the Swans didn't early today and paid the price .

You didn't get lucky, worked hard and mostly took the game on more often than not , better balance today

BS.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
What is?

I’m not blaming McDonald for the loss overall. He wasn’t any worse that a good number of our players today (though he was pretty damn poor). I just meant he deserves to be criticised for such a piss poor kick and complete lack of composure at a key moment. I don't understand why some on here still think he should be coddled. He's a 4th year AFL forward. I don't think it's controversial to suggest he should have done better with that kick.

What is?

I’m not blaming McDonald for the loss overall. He wasn’t any worse that a good number of our players today (though he was pretty damn poor). I just meant he deserves to be criticised for such a piss poor kick and complete lack of composure at a key moment. I don't understand why some on here still think he should be coddled. He's a 4th year AFL forward. I don't think it's controversial to suggest he should have done better with that kick.
He should have done better but we also wouldn't have been in that position at all if he hadn't clunked and kicked one two minutes before. He did three things out of four right. Would rather it happen in regular season than a final. He'll learn from it.

He had a crack.

Won more hard balls than Lloyd, Gulden, McInerney, Amartey, Melican, Wicks, Florent, Cleary, Hayward, Jordon, McCartin, McDonald, Rampe and Cunningham is what he did do.

So it’s a participation award now? Again we got cute this week like we did in our other loss. Everyone knew Fox should have played

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back