Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

So it’s a participation award now? Again we got cute this week like we did in our other loss. Everyone knew Fox should have played
It's not a participation award but it's not the firing squad either.

He did some pretty good things and in a game where the team was up and about, those pretty good things could've been more meaningful and had more of a positive contribution to scoring opportunities.

It’s very difficult to hit kicks lace out when the opposition are giving you no time and space. When the opposition pressure is excellent then we will have more turnovers, you just have to give credit to them in that case.

The inverse is also true, for most of the year the opposition have failed to cope with our pressure. Every player in the league is to some degree susceptible to physical pressure.

Other teams do tend to bring the heat early but that is rarely sustainable for the entire game. Which is why we usually run out games very strongly.

I do wonder if we would be able to cope with the pressure in a grand final, but a different type of pressure - the pressure of the stakes and expectation.
I worry about pressure in a prelim. We barely coped two years ago

It's not a participation award but it's not the firing squad either.

He did some pretty good things and in a game where the team was up and about, those pretty good things could've been more meaningful and had more of a positive contribution to scoring opportunities.

He also could have not turned it over the first quarter Or and here’s an idea we don’t leave Fox out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing i wouldn't mind if we tried Campbell as a half forward and get him out of the defensive 50 because he definitely gets the nerves and just puts it on the boot immediately. Get him playing high half forward for a week and let him roam the wing and not have the defensive assignment cause he looks good stretching his legs on the wing.

I know its only heat maps but look at the difference in 2023 he was playing great and getting the ball alot more forward of centre but in 2024 he isn't getting like any touches inside forward 50

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 6.06.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 6.06.25 PM.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 12
Fox is a useful utility player but let's not pretend he would have won us the game today. Maybe he would've got more involved than Cleary off the bench, but it's not a given. I've seen him have enough stinkers to know he's not necessarily the answer. I thought Campbell was fine. Not spectacular, but solid enough. He didn't turn it over a lot.

Dude everyone feels pressure. Federer despite winning ridiculously often still suffered from choking periodically.

Ever seen soccer players in penalty shoot outs ?

Penalty shootouts are a bit different. It's either a goal or nothing. I wouldn't have minded McDonald missing (ie. kicking a behind). A draw would have been a solid result. It just really annoyed me that he flubbed it so badly that it didn't even make the distance. He really needs to start repaying some of the faith we've put in him. He's turning into a bit of a disappointment. He certainly ain't no Federer.

Apart from the goal what did he do? Kick it to Fremantle the whole first quarter?
Campbell had some nice moments (Goal and good tackle) but also some sloppy ones as well. I thought he was pretty lose in his checking of his opponent, often Switkovski, leading to an easy out of defence for Freo especially in that diabolical first quarter. He wasn't alone with McCartin and Rampe being beaten easily on the lead.

A rubbish performance across the board. Too many players unwilling to run both ways, hold their opponent accountable or hold a ****ing tackle for the best part of three quarters.

Didn’t get any better in the coaches box with Horse persisting with a zone defence from the kick out that got picked apart every single ****ing time.

Add to that the clearly sick twat that sniffed the whole way up on the plane, the instagram clout chasers that talked about their social lives throughout the whole ****ing game and the track work on the airport line and this whole day can go **** itself. Just waiting for a delay for the flight home or an airport closure or some shit to top the day off.

**** Freo. Pull your fingers out swans.

Fox is on the periphery of the 22. He wouldn’t have kicked the goal that Campbell did today. He’s an honest toiler. Nothing more nothing less.

Cunningham probably out with a hamstring will give him a chance. He’ll play his role.

A rubbish performance across the board. Too many players unwilling to run both ways, hold their opponent accountable or hold a ****ing tackle for the best part of three quarters.

Didn’t get any better in the coaches box with Horse persisting with a zone defence from the kick out that got picked apart every single ****ing time.

Add to that the clearly sick twat that sniffed the whole way up on the plane, the instagram clout chasers that talked about their social lives throughout the whole *ing game and the track work on the airport line and this whole day can go * itself. Just waiting for a delay for the flight home or an airport closure or some shit to top the day off.

**** Freo. Pull your fingers out swans.

Yikes sounds like a awful Saturday sorry to hear mate

Some people need to log off and come back tomorrow. Some utterly ridiculous conclusions being drawn from a one point loss against a top 8 side.
No kidding mate.

Some jump off the deep end. We lost against a good side. We'll bounce back next week otherwise I'll jump off the deep end myself lol

So it’s a participation award now? Again we got cute this week like we did in our other loss. Everyone knew Fox should have played

No we don't.

Campbell was fine

the whipping boys after a loss were predictable .

I've calmed down.

We were never going 22-1 I guess.

We lost by a point to a decent side while we didn't play that well. Plenty of positives mostly that a few won't play that poorly again.

Also a reminder not to underestimate Freo.

Chad needs to remember not try to do much when it isn't working, it often does.

Maybe on another note Gulden can abandon the goal to play 100% game time? he has played a high % this year and he genuinely looked a bit gassed today.

They will bounce back we are still the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back