Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Instead of Logan, who generally is a decent kick, perhaps more needs to be said about Taylor Adams... he's absolutely putrid by foot, and blows a number of scoring chances a game.

I was perplexed when they said we were trading for him, and he hasn't changed my mind. A waste of salary cap!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Realty check. We are not as good as our ladder position indicates. But no harm done, we needed a reminder that you have to work your arse off to win against any decent team.

However, a word about the umpires. They were the difference. But you have to overcome.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Don’t agree with that. We are absolutely that good, we just had an awful day.
You don’t have a percentage and 3 games clear by being just ok.
Edit 2 games lol.

Jmac, Blakey, Melican, Mclean, brilliant today

Agree. Would add Paps.

The hallmark of our wins has been team effort. That was in short supply today

I blame Wicks.

But seriously Freo never ever let us play well. Credit to them.

Never really in it. Miracle it was close.

As long as this is a wake up call carry on.

Realty check. We are not as good as our ladder position indicates. But no harm done, we needed a reminder that you have to work your arse off to win against any decent team.

However, a word about the umpires. They were the difference. But you have to overcome.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

We are every bit as good as our ladder suggests its a reminder you cant coast at a pressure rating of 150 for a large majority of the game and kick behind after behind.

Reality check? wild what reality check exactly? we are 7-1 against top 8 sides.

I knew a loss was going to come, but didn't think it would be at home. Oh well, we can't win them all. I hope they come out firing next week against the Saints. They played like absolute dog shet and almost stole it...I guess that's something to take out of it.

If they don’t respond with a win next week, then I’ll be a bit worried. Today was not our day at all even with the comeback it still felt that every ground ball wasn’t going our way.

If they want to win the premiership this year, then horse and co have to sort out our shit starts asap.

shit what a contest. Respect to Freo, they were terrific.

We were arrogant

Freo with hands to space broke down our pressure and we didn't work hard enough, in their back line they were switching for days, we didn't work hard enough again. We knew exactly what was coming but the midfield couldn't recalibrate. I guess being so dependent on the star trio bit us a bit so maybe rotating through there is not so bad after all.

Hopefully a wake up call for us

The Melbourne media will have a field day with this. It they should also address the inconsistencies with the HTB - that was diabolical. That and Fyfes regular throws

Paul Keating just rang me and said this was the loss we had to have.

Anyway, can’t knock the Swans endeavour.. lifted a bit late. Shouldn’t need to rely on luck or favourable bounces and umpiring decisions (and a miss kick at end) , but any of the above would’ve been handy in last few mins.

On the bright side, our % didn’t cop much of knock.

Looking forward to Mills return..and Parker’s soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo dominated us in the first half. Needed to be far, far better with our pressure and workrate

Seemed like a phone it in effort.

Hopefully right the ship next week.

Come finals, if we start like that, I doubt we will be able to come back in atleast one of the games.

Don't blame Logan for that miss.
14 others missed easier shots.

A few players can now be dropped for those waiting in the wings.
For starters, get Fox & Roberts back in.
Adams can start feeling Parker breathing down his neck.
This won't hurt us at all.

Exactly what we needed.
Ted there is plenty of blame to go around for that loss no dramas but are you telling a story that is Defending the fact he couldn’t even score ? He has little to no ****ing impact week in week out accept for running to dead areas of the ground to be an uncontested get out kick.

Warner, Heeney and Gulden were all poor.

Not only down but especially Warner and Gulden barely got it to our advantage all day. Confident that wont be a regular occurrence.

Footy games are hard to win

Also, if we're complaining about WA boys, Warner needs to learn how to play second fiddle. If the opponent doest let him run he try's, backs up, and then try's to kick a stupid kick that never really works out.

I get that he's given the licence, but just needs more IQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back