Positives and Negatives against St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:
Nic Nats rucking, marking and ground work, bloody awesome game.
Same with Gaffy.
It's worth remembering that Emac, Schoey and Glass had good games down back, Emac's kicks at the end is something best be repressed.

Negatives:
Our decision making at times was ****ing horrible.
A player like Raph Clarke shouldn't dominate like he did.
Embley went missing, LeCras had a shocker, Kennedy another quiet one, Ebert's left foot.

Negative:
- No fight in the first quarter... and then all the way back around again in the last.
- Missed a wide open opportunity to overtake Carlton on the ladder.
- Was listening to the radio so I'm not sure exactly how well a few players went, but I heard "Mackenzie" and "turnover" in the same sentence more than I would have liked to.

Positives:
- To fight back in the 2nd/3rd term, especially in Victoria against an in-form side, is a sign of a proud and mature team.
- Naitanui goes alright. Gaff and Shuey, too.
- Just went through the ladder predictor with us losing the next two games on the trot as well (not that I necessarily think that will happen), and we still somehow claw into top 4. So, hey.

Naita was amazing
Gaff will be a player, needs more gametime.
Last year we would have been flogged, held up against a pressure team with lots of finals experience.

negs
Lecca
JK wasn't amazing, was strongly double teamed
Lynch wasn't amazing, should have been fresher, but after two weeks i suppose he's allowed to be rusty.
Too many passengers.

Positives

- Gaff (will play every game for the rest of the year and stamped into top 22). Shown that he has every intention of being an elite midfielder. Will make players like Masten, Swift, Houlihan, Stevenson push harder.

- Le Cras - good for him to have a game where he eats humble pie. Often still thinks he is trying to kick 12 goals a game. No longer need him to be the main focus to goals like in the last 3 years. He should learn from this. For us to win a premiership he has to focus on his task/role within the team. Needs to take a leaf from Nicoski's book. Assist more and be more defensive.

- It shows character to be able to peg a 40 point deficit over the game. This was done mainly by our young players. Got a bit wobbly in the last quarter as they have had little experience with pressing on with the lead (a bit of a choke I think) but will learn from this. Good game to learn from.

The Butchers of Baghdad are Back, Ploddus, A.Selwood, LeCras, Ebert, McKenzHack, to name a few

Actually I thought A. Selwood was quite good in his disposal today, especially clearing from defensive 50. I think this role today is his ideal position.

It's unfortunate he kicked to Scooter who was 1 on 3 at a crucial stage, other then that Adam was alright.

As for Priddis and Emac, Emac was good until his first 2 kicks, and Priddis in and under work was business as usual. Lecras had an off game. Get over yourself.

Positives
- NN - contested marking:thumbsu:, ruckwork, and his ground level work just brilliant
- Gaff - really lifted us when we needed it

Negatives
- Too many passengers. LeCras, Waters, Embley, Kennedy, Lynch, Hurn, Nicoski, Ebert, A.Selwood didn't do very much
- Skills and decision making!
- 1st qtr!
- The amount of stupid turnover kick and OOFs
- Ebert, MacKenzie and A.Selwood's shanks
- LeCras definitely wasn't himself
interesting..when you have that many quality passengers, you have to wonder whether they were all held by their immediate opposition or whether the team as a whole were tired and flat..it certainly looked that way?
a bridge too far maybe after the cats game?
it was just a strange game in many ways.

Negatives: No Swift - we needed to win clearances in the centre square as we got smashed. Why was Stevens kept? Too much inexperience on the bench with Gaff and Stevens only one, Gaff, deserved their spot.

God everyone has jumped off Ebert, he did no worse than Lecras or most our other players. Just because it went OOTF doesn't mean it's any worse than a direct turnover.

Aside from several OOTF, he also shanked several critical forwards entries. This bloke needs to go, last week was an abberation for him. If you cannot kick, you cannot play top flight ball.

Positives:
- NN was fantastic, but was still running around lost at times. He should've rucked most of the game as well, seemed to be far more influentual.
- Shuey, Priddis and Gaff. Very good. Rosa battled on.
- Came from 40 odd points down.

Negatives:
- Ebert, needs to be assassinated.
- LeCras, selfish, no influence, was woeful in the middle.
- Mackenzie battled hard, but completely ruined it all in the end.
- Just looked like a far more inexperinced outfit with Kerr gone. Poor team selection - Swift was required for some more midfiled help.

Just a bad game for us, when we actually started playing our game the Saints looked soo scared and wondering wtf to do they had nothing at all...

We just need to maintain that and we will go far.

Worst game since Essendon.

We got one step closer to finding out more about our players.

Im still excited about the team we put on the park, we just fell asleep for a quarter and couldnt recover after that.

I agree. For a young side to have got back into the game was commendable. They will learn from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:
1. Gaff is one of those players like Shuey where you know he'll make it without thinking "I'll need to see more of him". It's just a "Yeah, you know he'll be good".
2. Naitanui starting to mark the ball really well suddenly. Last weekend he was doing his routine of getting hands to the ball and drop it and now he's taking everything.
3. St. Kilda threw everything at us in Melbourne and barely beat us. It sucks that we lost but I reckon we'd cover them 3 times out of 4.

It's unfortunate he kicked to Scooter who was 1 on 3 at a crucial stage, other then that Adam was alright.

As for Priddis and Emac, Emac was good until his first 2 kicks, and Priddis in and under work was business as usual. Lecras had an off game. Get over yourself.

Couldn't have said it better, Emac was fantastic tonight apart from a couple of kicks. He towelled up Riewoldt off the ball.

The main negative was that we were flogged in the ruck around the stoppages in the first quarter. Whoever was on Montagna, Gram, Jones and Peake in the first quarter cost us the game.

Their bodywork and blocking for each other was first class.

I think the game was within the Eagles grasp but there was just not that final nail in the coffin killer instinct tonight. The Eagles are a great side though and to come back from a wooden spoon last season to where you are on the ladder is just amazing and a warning to other sides for the next few years. Unfortunately you met a side that got off the canvas and well and truly punched you out tonight.

Just on Mackenzie, he seems to be very much a confidence player. I remember at one point last year he was mis-kicking the vast majority of his kicks even under no pressure.

Anyhow, I hope it doesn't get on top of him because his defensive work is elite and he has a serious chance of being an awesome AFL defender in the long run.

Positives:

Coming back from being 40 odd points down

Gaff, very classy and an amazing decision maker

Shuey really tried to lift was awesome

NN. Amazing tapwork (especially those long hits), great marking (finally), ran hard offensively in straight lines when he got the ball and it came off. So yeah, he was an absolute beast.

Negatives:

Really fell apart disposal wise coming out of the backline in the last

LeCras. Absolutely abysmal game, really hurt the side with his effort

The 1st quarter. WTF were we thinking? Players so loose which was maybe a coaching instruction and we also took way to long to man Montagna up. The players just looked so slack though, really lacked effort in that quarter allowing St Kilda to constantly get numbers around the ball.

Koby Stevens looked horrible as did Ebert.

Kennedy and Darling look tired, just not impacting like they were, Waters looks very underdone but hes a competitor so will gain ground quickly.

Positives:

- Naitanui is the best ruckman in the comp. And I will fight that claim to the death.

- Shuey had close to his best game of the season, and was quite possibly our best.

- Gaff was unbelievable. In my wildest dreams could I have believed that he could have played that well. Him, Shuey and Naita will form the basis of the best midfield in the comp in a few years time.

- The comeback showed fight and maturity that we hadn't seen yet. Dissapointing we couldn't finish it, but running out of legs was inevitable.

Negatives:

- Asleep for the first quarter, and that was enough to stuff us for the rest of it.

- Those that had bad games have been well reported, no need to go any more into that.

- Just didn't put as much effort in as St Kilda when it counted. Simple as that.

I refuse to dwell on the negatives. We'll learn from this and get better, enough positives to keep me happy. Next week is a huge game though.

One more thing to add to negatives, some of our players really struggle to collect the ball cleanly off the deck.

Regularly saw Ebert, Waters, Priddis, Embley etc either over run it, or fail to cleanly collect the ball, or get out positioned only to have their St Kilda opponent collect it and hurt us.

Positives:

- Naitanui is the best ruckman in the comp. And I will fight that claim to the death.

- Shuey had close to his best game of the season, and was quite possibly our best.

- Gaff was unbelievable. In my wildest dreams could I have believed that he could have played that well. Him, Shuey and Naita will form the basis of the best midfield in the comp in a few years time.

- The comeback showed fight and maturity that we hadn't seen yet. Disapointing we couldn't finish it, but running out of legs was inevitable.

Negatives:

- Asleep for the first quarter, and that was enough to stuff us for the rest of it.

- Those that had bad games have been well reported, no need to go any more into that.

- Just didn't put as much effort in as St Kilda when it counted. Simple as that.

I refuse to dwell on the negatives. We'll learn from this and get better, enough positives to keep me happy. Next week is a huge game though.

100% with you on all of that! Couldn't have put it better.

Positives:

- The comeback showed fight and maturity that we hadn't seen yet. Dissapointing we couldn't finish it, but running out of legs was inevitable.

Negatives:

agree my sentiments exactly good post .:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives and Negatives against St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back