Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Will Daniel Curtin come into the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Nicks saying they are willing to play four talls tomorrow, but would be reluctant if the weather was wet. Aren’t we playing at the Etihad, which like everyone knows (except for Nicks) has a roof. Am I missing something here? If this is an oversight I’m concerned
Oh No What GIF by Tennis TV

With Hinge returning Ryan was never any chance.

This from Nicks’ presser today (Daily Telegraph):

Also mentioned possibly going in with 4 talls up forward because it’s under the roof at Marvel.
I thought Bond would make way for Hinge, glad to hear he will keep his spot. So likely Smith back out then.

I heard Nicks saying they are willing to play four talls tomorrow, but would be reluctant if the weather was wet. Aren’t we playing at the Etihad, which like everyone knows (except for Nicks) has a roof. Am I missing something here? If this is an oversight I’m concerned
Well he was the only person in SA that didn't know it was raining last weekend, so unsurprising.

I’m
Who does Jones come in for as Thilthorpe was sub? Murphy?

Simples…………

Thilthorpe was already in the 23 last week

From last week’s 23 two players go out = Himmelberg and Smith

Two players come in = Hinge and Jones.

Thilthorpe replaces Himmelberg in the 22
Hinge replaces Smith in the 22
Jones takes the sub spot vacated by Thilthorpe.

Or maybe we rest Tex and keep Himmelberg in the 22 🙄.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe we fly out today. Anyone heard who was on the plane?
Flew to Gold Coast today. Virgin lounge full of Crows players. "Taking up lots of space".

I don't know who any of them were , as it was my mother in law flying business class, not us.

If Max Gawn was Murphy’s height nobody would have heard of him either, what’s the point of that hypothetical?
Gawn is a perfect example. There is precisely one lead ruck spot on the side. He has to be the best ruck on his team in order to play. Even if he is a good ruck, if there is one better ruck on his team, he gets dropped.

Himmelberg is in a similar position. There are not many spots for a KPF/backup ruck in the side. One or two at most. And he's certainly not getting selected as lead ruck.

Murphy, by contrast, has a dozen spots he could fit into. Saying that Himmelberg doesn't deserve to get dropped because Murphy hasn't been misses that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Back