Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning this weekend is not what people are whinging about. Yes we might get the win and that's good for the management. But we need to get games into players like Curtin and we only have a few games left. You have to think of the future. For me a win this weekend isn't as important as performing well next year.

It’s a fair point - but with the guys we have out, to beat the form team of the comp would be a very good win and provide a lot for the squad next year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Winning this weekend is not what people are whinging about. Yes we might get the win and that's good for the management. But we need to get games into players like Curtin and we only have a few games left. You have to think of the future. For me a win this weekend isn't as important as performing well next year.
Ryan Reynolds Deadpool GIF

Ignoring all the discussion of senior players for a moment, Curtin should be very disappointed to see Bond named as starting centre instead of him.

Curtin should be far ahead of Bond in the junior player selection order in the midfield
Unless we are seeing whether we should delist bond

I’m 100% on the sack nicks train but I am trying to look at things a bit differently because it’s sucking the fun out of going to the footy.

I am hoping that we see Curtin as a late in for someone, preferably Smith or Jones.

Dowling, Taylor and Bond still in the side that’s a positive.

I don’t understand why we brought Tex back and retained Berg?

Looking forward to watching the Hawks live they play exciting fast footy. If we can play like Q2 last week who knows? It’s a pyrrhic victory if that happens but there’s something to a winning culture (but there’s also something to a fraud retaining his job and golden pass players). Hmm.

Both Hawks rucks (Reeves or Meek)match up really well on O'Brien. Kinda not surprised we kept Berg in so we can triple team Meek. It'll be a game within a game to see if we can grind Meek down and get on top as a result.

I would be amazed if we play with that side named. And disappointed,

When is the last time we have played 4 tall forwards - Tex, Fog, TT and HBerg and ROB?esp in the middle of winter in a twilight game with rain the day before and near freezing conditions

Something likely to change IMO
Yeah, the coach!

We have seen so much evidence he is just not very smart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly don't think we're in year 7 of our rebuild. We're in year 5.

The point is, it's not like your rebuild should consist of seven years of garbage and then suddenly you're contending. It should consist of a few years of garbage, followed by a slow rise peaking after seven years. (Or however many years you think it takes to rebuild)

I saw earlier Vader mention that rebuilds take "seven years (minimum)" just to get to the point where you're contending for finals again. That seems extremely pessimistic. If any coach put that plan forward in their interview they would get laughed out the door.

I would think that if a rebuild takes seven years just to get to the point where you're back in the pack, you've done it wrong.
Whether they're willing to go into an interview & say it is irrelevant. That's the real world reality, which history has shown time & time again to be the case.

When has 4 tall forwards ever worked? Esp when not at Marvel type conditions. Bullies couldn’t make it work even with JUH, Darcy, Naughton and Lobb. Something fishy here
Berg is either the sub or makes our defence too tall.

Unbelievable to see no Curtin. Actually no it's quite believable.

****ing disgrace. Shame on Nicks.
I have not disliked a coach this much since Robert Shaw... but at least Shaw played the younger players.

Nicks talking about the footy gods yesterday, Brodie Smith must have been doing a lot of praying to them with his continued selection this year.
Nicks may as well believe in the tooth fairy for all I can care.

Bottom line is no amount of praying is going to make him a smarter coach.

Last edited:
Both Hawks rucks (Reeves or Meek)match up really well on O'Brien. Kinda not surprised we kept Berg in so we can triple team Meek. It'll be a game within a game to see if we can grind Meek down and get on top as a result.
I reckon Berg is still in just cause they don't want Thilthorpe rucking too much outside the forward line yet.

I haven't bothered to check out any press conferences, but has an explanation been given for the selections yet?
Nix was dropped on his head as a kid.

Nicks is pathetic. Jones in instead of Curtin or Worrell. Idc if Worrell has just come back from injury, he would still play better than most in the side.

Then drop ROB for Curtin & play Berg mainly in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back