• K. McAuliffe (Sub)

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren’t injured.. just rolled ankles and both are fine Yze said
McAuliffe came back on..

Honestly we have to drop Kmac… he’s been diabolical recently mate and you know it..

Who gives a * if it costs us a win or 2 trialing and developing some new options on the wing
We aren’t contending for the flag this season

Can’t just keep picking Kmac when he’s killing us consistently

If anyone thinks dropping McIntosh is the difference between winning and losing they haven’t been watching in 2024. He has been putrid all season. 5 full games and zero goals, zero goal assists, 10 x score involvements and 6 friggin tackles. He provides us nothing .. nothing! Nobody could be worse in 2024. A great soldier, but he’s cooked.

Short has been poor this year. Push him onto a wing, Grimes back into defence. Macca VFL. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If anyone thinks dropping McIntosh is the difference between winning and losing they haven’t been watching in 2024. He has been putrid all season. 5 full games and zero goals, zero goal assists, 10 x score involvements and 6 friggin tackles. He provides us nothing .. nothing! Nobody could be worse in 2024. A great soldier, but he’s cooked.

Short has been poor this year. Push him onto a wing, Grimes back into defence. Macca VFL. Done.

If there are any concerns re Yze its selection. If not for injures he would be trotting out a dimma team
I do like the shift in game plan which started v port and executed brilliantly v swans and today in parts but had lynch, balta and baker played we would have easily won. Saints supporters are funny they actually think they have a top notch list but overall they are average.

Last edited:
naismith the only oldie i'd like to see come in because he's earnt his call up and he's the best fit. no clue why he didn't come in this week
Thought the ground dimensions demanded he play.
No matter how Graham played the clowns in here were always going to say he was s**t. He was fine, certainly far from our worst.
Noticed he had 47.6% centre bounces. Doubt he’s had that many in recent times. If ever.

Man, it really is the ones that got away that hurt the most.
As a club we're in this weird position where it benefits us greatly to lose but also to win.
Obviously losing nets us a potential top 5 pick but winning does so much for this young team. There's no substitute for experiencing the tight wins.

Feeling very torn.

This loss really didnt hurt even though it was a close game as my expectations were we would lose this game but i was impressed with the effort and talent of the kids as well as the coaching mainly but critical of selection.

Regarding Kamdyn
I think we give him 1 more game in his home state to get his sh!t together and if he has another bad game then we need to bite the bullet and bring in and give HRS the role for the rest of the year.

Pickett stays in the side unconditionally as he has played enough games to not think about the father son aspect
If we need to play him as the sub then do it but must be played to get to 100

I would hate to see 2 of his boys become a Nick Daicos like player and playing for another club when his father got to 94 games at my club

No way should Graham, Short, Pickett and KMac be dropped with all our injuries.

You don't develop the new players better by throwing them to the wolves Hawthorn and Kangaroos style, without much senior player support. The Geelong model works better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BEST
Nackers (fierce competitor, was everywhere clunking marks)
Bolton (aside from his dumb decision to pass to Kmac inside 50, some magic moments, and possibly his best game so far)
Dusty (faded a little, and should've right foot snapped for goal at one stage instead of passing, but still great)

Good to see Dan Rioli getting back to his best after a slow start to the pre-season/season. Absolute gun, and a bit unlucky not to be a vice captain.
Brown composed and great kicking.
Nice to see Maurice improving and doing some inspiringly freakish canon-ball tackles, with better disposal and a couple of goals.

Wasn't expecting much with all our injuries, and lack of quality players to select. Because of this scenario, some players were thrown in the deep end like Lefau and Koschitzke, who would normally be third target talls, but were suddenly thrust higher in our pecking order, which is also a reason to not be too harsh on them. Overall our team effort and intesity was quite pleasing to see, and really it's been pretty good all year, with the exception of the first half against the Suns, and a fair bit of the third quarter this round.

With our main two key forward talls injured in Balta and Lynch, our only possible replacements are from a less talented small pool of Ryan, Naismith and Koschitzke to cover them... and depending on match-ups and team balance we need to pick either one or two of them each week. Ooze went with just Koschitzke, and if you heard his post-match presser, it seems like he intends to stick with him for a bit. While not great as a first option key forward, he was actually pretty decent in the ruck. Nackers had a fantastic best on ground performance, clunking marks all over the ground, and since Adem seems intent on sticking with Jacob, I wonder if he can spend a little more time in the ruck, and Nackers can spend a little more time forward, just tweak their percentages a bit.

As for the backline, with Gibcus and Grimes being out, Miller and Brown have really stepped up and covered them fine. Miller is doing a good job spoiling the big opposition forwards, and Brown has been really composed, with sublime kicking skills. He needs to stay in the team and get games pumped into him.

As far as who comes in and out for next week, we have Baker instantly back in the team, and Grimes likley available too.
Possible 'outs' are McAuliffe and Dow with their rolled ankles, although it seems like both will probably be fine for selection.
It doesn't seem like Adem will drop Koschitkze yet. He seems like a coach who likes a stable ine up and backs his players, and gives them a couple more chances, even if they play a few bad games. This has worked pretty good so far with Maurice and Lefau, who were both quite bad in their first game, but have improved since. Also it depends on how many 'talls' we need in our forward line to match up against the Weagles backline. Could we possibly need one more key foward/back up ruck than just Koschitzke?

So basically our possible ins and outs are...

INS
Baker (the only definite)
Probably Gimes (but please don't do it at the expense of Tom Brown)
Another big guy if needed for match ups (Ryan or Naismith)

OUTS
Possibly Dow and/or McAuliffe if injured
Maybe one of McIntosh or Pickett due to their high percentages of clangers, and not being part of the future

I'm not sure anyone else will be dropped due to having a poor game (Short, Campbell)..? Ooze will back them to bounce back.

Not sure who is putting their hand up for selection from the VFL?

I don’t care what else happens … but if Macca and Pickett both play next week I’m taking a weeks hiatus. They had 1 touch the entire last quarter when gut runners come into their own. They had 26 touches for 10 clangers. F**k them both off … for the love of god !!!!

Lay off them, they are two of our better players.

I don’t care what else happens … but if Macca and Pickett both play next week I’m taking a weeks hiatus. They had 1 touch the entire last quarter when gut runners come into their own. They had 26 touches for 10 clangers. F**k them both off … for the love of god !!!!

And their opposing player Brad hill got uncontested ball all day

Can handle noble losses like this all year. Develop the kids. Sit back and watch blokes like Miller, Mansell get opportunities. We've basically got 2024, 2025 and 2026 drafts to get the nucleus of our next hopefully premiership side. Tassie will compromise the draft minimum 2027, 2028, maybe 2029 and even could get concessions to 17yo's as early as 2026. Realistically we're not gonna get lucky and nail our future superstars outside top 5 picks, some will but we need access to guns who are universally regarded as the best mid/ KPF in the Draft. I could cop 2 wooden spoons if it means 2 Harley Reid's.

McIntosh needs to be banished to magoos as does Grimes. Graham out for Baker let him build up fitness in magoos and keep pumping games in the kids. I'd give kozitsche one more game and if he doesn't show alot more get games into Ryan. I wouldn't be upset if WCE beat us next week. I'll fu@ken spew if we finish 12th and watch our first pick blow out to pick 10 because of FA compensation and F/S picks. No harm in making Pickett sub half dozen times only needs 17 more games to reach the 100. I'll spew if have to watch BOTH Pickett and McIntosh stinking it up all year. Can handle Pickett just for the F/S's.

BEST
Nackers (fierce competitor, was everywhere clunking marks)
Bolton (aside from his dumb decision to pass to Kmac inside 50, some magic moments, and possibly his best game so far)
Dusty (faded a little, and should've right foot snapped for goal at one stage instead of passing, but still great)

Good to see Dan Rioli getting back to his best after a slow start to the pre-season/season. Absolute gun, and a bit unlucky not to be a vice captain.
Brown composed and great kicking.
Nice to see Maurice improving and doing some inspiringly freakish canon-ball tackles, with better disposal and a couple of goals.

Wasn't expecting much with all our injuries, and lack of quality players to select. Because of this scenario, some players were thrown in the deep end like Lefau and Koschitzke, who would normally be third target talls, but were suddenly thrust higher in our pecking order, which is also a reason to not be too harsh on them. Overall our team effort and intesity was quite pleasing to see, and really it's been pretty good all year, with the exception of the first half against the Suns, and a fair bit of the third quarter this round.

With our main two key forward talls injured in Balta and Lynch, our only possible replacements are from a less talented small pool of Ryan, Naismith and Koschitzke to cover them... and depending on match-ups and team balance we need to pick either one or two of them each week. Ooze went with just Koschitzke, and if you heard his post-match presser, it seems like he intends to stick with him for a bit. While not great as a first option key forward, he was actually pretty decent in the ruck. Nackers had a fantastic best on ground performance, clunking marks all over the ground, and since Adem seems intent on sticking with Jacob, I wonder if he can spend a little more time in the ruck, and Nackers can spend a little more time forward, just tweak their percentages a bit.

As for the backline, with Gibcus and Grimes being out, Miller and Brown have really stepped up and covered them fine. Miller is doing a good job spoiling the big opposition forwards, and Brown has been really composed, with sublime kicking skills. He needs to stay in the team and get games pumped into him.

As far as who comes in and out for next week, we have Baker instantly back in the team, and Grimes likley available too.
Possible 'outs' are McAuliffe and Dow with their rolled ankles, although it seems like both will probably be fine for selection.
It doesn't seem like Adem will drop Koschitkze yet. He seems like a coach who likes a stable ine up and backs his players, and gives them a couple more chances, even if they play a few bad games. This has worked pretty good so far with Maurice and Lefau, who were both quite bad in their first game, but have improved since. Also it depends on how many 'talls' we need in our forward line to match up against the Weagles backline. Could we possibly need one more key foward/back up ruck than just Koschitzke?

So basically our possible ins and outs are...

INS
Baker (the only definite)
Probably Gimes (but please don't do it at the expense of Tom Brown)
Another big guy if needed for match ups (Ryan or Naismith)

OUTS
Possibly Dow and/or McAuliffe if injured
Maybe one of McIntosh or Pickett due to their high percentages of clangers, and not being part of the future

I'm not sure anyone else will be dropped due to having a poor game (Short, Campbell)..? Ooze will back them to bounce back.

Not sure who is putting their hand up for selection from the VFL?
No injuries according to Yze.

No way will Lefau be the player Cadman will be, of course not. But people need to temper expectations. Cadman played 12 games in his debut season in a top-4 team. He averaged 4.5 disposals, 1.6 marks and 0.5 goals per game. Yes, those stats are correct.

In Lefau’s 3 games he’s averaged 5.0 / 1.7 / 1.0.

So people need to lay off the bloke and let him develop . He’s going to get better and is doing his bit.

I don’t believe he’ll ever be a star by any stretch. But if he can become our ‘Mihocek’ type forward then we’ve found a beauty … it’s not beyond the realms given his athletic traits are awesome.

Cadman was/is a child and Lefau plays nothing like Mihocek.

The world said that about Richmond for god knows how long...so there is still hope
Richmond has won as many flags this decade as St. Kilda have in their entire existence.

You aren't good enough/don't have the cattle to win it this year.
After that the Giants and Suns will dominate the comp for a number of years. Tassie will own the drafts and you'll end up back in no mans land.

Hope is a dangerous thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back