• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd Parker play today? Time to reshape that fwd line and midfield - Cumberland, Flying Mullet, Martyn?

good presser from Dimma….didn’t blame injuries…

just said we left some goals on the table ( which we diid)

said he was pleased with our young players down back, Stack, Nigel, Garth and even Rioli)

said Chol did ok against one of the best rucks in Grundy and double teamed throughput the game

looks forward to seeeing what else we have to bring in

hasnt written us off

Thing is we have always left goals on the table, our chaos brand will always do that. The problem is we can no longer lock the ball in and get repeat entries and teams sweep the ball coast to coast. Until we fix that we won't be winning. We aren't all of a sudden going to become a classier side like West Coast that convert most of their chances.

Out
Balta
Vlastuin
Broad
Houli
Soldo
Nankervis
Prestia
Edwards
Lambert

What did you expect?

Isn’t it great when your pies mates paying us out how they beat us ! FMD our VFL side is struggling this year & half of them played today , still the position we were in should not have lost !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can’t the coaches see how easy the ball comes out of our forward line at the minute ? It happened last week and sane again this week , end to end goals shits me

Yep and on the bigger ground it gets exposed more than anywhere else. We were lucky we didn't play Gold Coast at the G given how much they outran us.

Yep and on the bigger ground it gets exposed more than anywhere else. We were lucky we didn't play Gold Coast at the G given how much they outran us.

hmmm yes it’s pretty annoying , I guess the ****ing stand rule doesent help though either , maybe though they need to pick up a player quicker

We have been an elite side for four years.
Time to pick up the pieces and reassemble the Richmond project.
It has been a great era but the cycle of competitive sports continues, and we will rise again.
Remember the players from yesteryear like Deledio, who played 243 games without winning a final.
194 games before playing in a final.

We have been an elite side for four years.
Time to pick up the pieces and reassemble the Richmond project.
It has been a great era but the cycle of competitive sports continues, and we will rise again.
Remember the players from yesteryear like Deledio, who played 243 games without winning a final.
194 games before playing in a final.

Hopefully next year is a better one

I don’t like potting young players but collier Dawkins was disgraceful in the last qtr.

rewioldt should retire

Aarts started the rot in the 3rd qtr when we were leading comfortably and f’ed it up in the wing when we were steaming fwd. welooked wobbly from That moment On

RCD is borderline unusable in the last quarter of games. He has 1 preseason to fix this for me, if as a 4th year player there isn't dramatic improvement in fitness he's in real trouble.

We all love Jack but he is pushing it. People will point to the Coleman race and say he is doing ok, but his bad games now he is a complete liability. Even some games he started really well, Melbourne, West Coast, Brisbane he has been simply awful in the second halves of those games. The problem is we don't have a replacement, CCJ with Lynch seems unlikely to work for me and he may be leaving anyway.

Aarts has completely lost it, which is a shame because his aggression and speed he played at early in the season stood out. Surely Cumberland comes in for him next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmmm yes it’s pretty annoying , I guess the ******* stand rule doesent help though either , maybe though they need to pick up a player quicker

Its not just the stand rule, one quick kick to the middle of the ground and we just look gone a mile out. The other coast to coast goal they got was mostly handballs. We are very easy to switch against and look so slow.

Why can’t the coaches see how easy the ball comes out of our forward line at the minute ? It happened last week and sane again this week , end to end goals shits me
kick mark STAND kick mark STAND kick kick mark STAND
Come back to the 15, player then runs 30m's without bouncing and kicks to the wing.

All under no pressure as that is what the rules allow.

Interesting thing Dimma said in relation to cotch, he said cotch thrives on the contested ball and pressure and with the kick sideways style the game is at the moment it takes players like Cotch out of the game.

So which senior player is going to come out and talk about a response for the 4th week in a row?

Hopefully the club realises where we are at and selects the team accordingly.

Nank and prestia should not return this year, neither should broad or balta, and anyone else who needs surgery etc should be sent now to get going fresh in preseason.

Can someone please explain to me why we are so afraid to change costanga or aarts?

Both these guys have played 16 games. Thats every game this season

Let that sink in. Every game.
I keep saying Baker forward replaces one of them easily.

Then we just need to find something out of Parker, Cumberland, MRJ or Ralphsmith.

Would out Castagna, Aarts
In Baker and Cumberland/MRJ be the worst thing for the rest of the year?
Shake up the forward line because at the moment it is trash.

I am happy. Happy that it puts a line through the season which means we can start planning for next year. We don't have to fret about trying to make finals. We can make the call on a couple of older blokes, get the surgeries done now, play some kids to see what they have, we finally get a full preseason back into the guys for strength and conditioning and we have 6 picks in the first 45 in the next ND. We haven't had as top 10 pick in a decade i reckon.
It actually takes the pressure off watching/wanting the result. If handled correctly, this can help set us up for the next 5 or so years.
**** just scraping into finals and getting smacked first week in. Let's play the long game. Nothing but opportunity for us.

kick mark STAND kick mark STAND kick kick mark STAND
Come back to the 15, player then runs 30m's without bouncing and kicks to the wing.

All under no pressure as that is what the rules allow.

Interesting thing Dimma said in relation to cotch, he said cotch thrives on the contested ball and pressure and with the kick sideways style the game is at the moment it takes players like Cotch out of the game.

**** I hate that stand rule.

Another thing on us not being able to defend the ground is that Shai Bolton thinks he's Dusty and doesn't have to defend. Watching him closing today he is extremely lazy. When you have that combined with Jack and Cotch slowing down our 18 man defence get's pretty easy to rip through.

Must say Kamdyn's defensive work looked bloody elite today though. Shame about his kicking.

Thought it was revealing in the Amazon doco when Benny G said to Peg after the flag in 2020, "Savour this one".
The implication was that they hadn't really appreciated the other two premierships, that they had sort of whizzed past quickly.
Three premierships in four years is a tremendous achievement.
Perhaps Benny G even had an inkling that the reign was over.

Thought it was revealing in the Amazon doco when Benny G said to Peg after the flag in 2020, "Savour this one".
The implication was that they hadn't really appreciated the other two premierships, that they had sort of whizzed past quickly.
Three premierships in four years is a tremendous achievement.
Perhaps Benny G even had a forward inkling that the reign was over.

I think he meant savour it as it was the hardest flag in history of the game to
Win

This isn't 2017-2020. The game plan no longer works and has been found out consistently, not just on occassion.

We could afford to back our gameplan in the past few years because it worked kore times than it didn't.

That isn't the case anymore. The new rules have rendered it obsolete. No surprise that the 2 teams that play zones in us and WC have struggled this year. The game now plays where short kicks are superior and we structure and defend for long down the line kicks.

It isn't working. It hasn't worked for most of this year. Most of the games we have won have been when we too have adopted a shorter game plan with kicks.
That's such a hindset opinion. We went thinking we are the best team going into the year.

When do you think the club should've stopped believing we were the best team and that our game plan could beat anyone at their best?

"It no longer works" was not a real opinion until after the Saints game. So it's been 2 weeks.
How do you think we should change the game style and mindset of the team in 2 weeks? And that's with losing player after player to injury.

So how does Nank & Vlaustin go from being named to not even being looking like playing next week ?

Has Nank had another setback ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's probably a case of us being pretty much out of finals contention now, so there's no point rushing them back.

The only player we're likely to have back this week is CJ, but we may lose Chol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back