Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's roid cream to stop blood flow
Would have opened his head open
not to be confused with the "roid" cream essinjection used.

I ******* hate watching football when the two teams are in similar colours and, at the same time, Richmond's clash strip is unquestionably revolting. I think, for the clash jumper, the black should be replaced by white.
You'd have to be ****ing joking , and you talked about revolting , white is weak and insipid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

868327.png

I thought this may get a laugh. This was part of a post from one of the more brutally honest of the Cats board's posters. The subject was their recent trades under Scott.

"Speaking of which, we're coming up on the five year anniversary of the McIntosh trade. Perhaps we can name a golden crutch in his honour."

I thought it was pretty funny.

Not sure if its been said but heard on the radio they said AFL said richmond has to wear clash jumper
If that's true, I hope we'd just ignore it and wear our proper jumper. Who's the f**kwit who thinks we clash?

Not sure if its been said but heard on the radio they said AFL said richmond has to wear clash jumper

Presumably that will only be if Adelaide make it. We finished higher on the ladder than all other teams except Geelong and given we played them last week in the proper jumper it's hard to see why we would wear the limp-wristed one against them three weeks later. We'd probably be designated home team anyway due to getting the week off.

Presumably that will only be if Adelaide make it. We finished higher on the ladder than all other teams except Geelong and given we played them last week in the proper jumper it's hard to see why we would wear the limp-wristed one against them three weeks later. We'd probably be designated home team anyway due to getting the week off.
Yep sorry, if its a richmond vs adelaide game****

Ohhhhhh god how good is footy without Vickery. I sometimes forget about that campaigner.
i just watched the last quarter and a half and it still doesnt feel real that that was a QF and they are into a PRElim. pinching myself still
Same here Cotcho, I've watched it from start to finish 3 times now ... Frothing for next Saturday !!

Instead of worrying about clash jumpers for the Grand Final, let's just worry about the prelim first. Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right of course.

Instead of worrying about clash jumpers for the Grand Final, let's just worry about the prelim first. Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too late! Lid is off :D

Last edited:
The switch to a small forward line may have been forced onto us when Griffiths and Elton et al couldn't make it work but I think there's little doubt that it was already under consideration- that small forward pressure was there from very early in the season (once we realized that Vickery was a liability and that we needed to have a forward structure that showed more defensive nous) and I don't think the coaching staff could have come up with that plan and have it work so quickly unless it was almost ready to go.
I also think there's other aspects to the success of this game plan...with the ball trapped in our forward line, it gives our back line players more time to set up, man up and keep the zones sorted. As great a job as the defence has done, that's helped them enormously. It doesn't take long for forward structures to unravel when the forward fifties entries aren't clean and the job of our defense has been made easier- 'switched on' mids have helped in that as well.
The other aspect of our forward structure is that its now very hard to match up. A traditional defensive set up against say, two tall forwards, a couple of mid sized forwards and one small crumbing forward is fairly predictable and can he blanketed if the defenders all do their thing, but we don't have that set-up...opposition defenders are now under immense pressure themselves, and now they have to find a defensive structure that can combat an entire forward zone full of forwards who know how to lock the ball in.
Couldn't agree more! Our forward pressure allows our backs to set up structures behind the ball, hence our miserly scores against numbers this year, as opposed to previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Geelong & changes for PRELIM FINAL

Back